R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 01:14 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Then why do I hear guys trading their t2 007 for a FK05??
Todd please PM me the info of anyone willing to trade a 007 for an FK05 I've got a sweet FK05 right here for anyone that's willing to send me 007 (In good condition)

As far a the cars killing touring cars? No I think it's the batteries and how much better Nitros' reliabilty has gotten.

When I started running touring cars in '96-'99 you had cars coming out all the time. Hey I had both versions of the street weapon. I recall Yokomo in '99-'00 had the MR-4TC, MR-4TC PRO, MR-4TC Special, and MR-4TC Worlds edition. I had all of them

The TC3 and the XXX-S we're (are) great cars that I belive would still be competative today. The people who complain about a new car every year are the same people that would bitch about company X hasn't kept thier kits competative by going 2-3 years with the same model.

Just my $.02
Roly
Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
YOU STARTED 12TH SCALE...all hail RCSteve!

I know you didn't invent the internet, that was Al Gore.
I'm 13, and 12th scale has been around twice as long as I have been alive so that would be impossible for me to have invented it.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:54 AM   #93
Tech Champion

You guys sit at the grid discussing which manufacturer will be first to release their new car and i'll 20 seconds later when the race has already started you'll realise and try to catch me up

Hmm ok, maybe not

I dont think it will be Associated, or Corally.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #94
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Guess they need to learn to set up their cars a little differently....since its a new car it doesnt quite react the same as the old car. I heard Blackstock bitching at the Novak racing saying the Corally was a Polish car...why because everything he had to do to it was bass ackwards from his 007.

Why are so many JRXS guys trading them in for 007's and RDX's?

EA
I guess it is the same reason you went behind my back last year at the Snowbirds.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #95
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdoc
I have two FK05 cars that I will trade for 007's, and know where I can buy a couple more to trade too, Todd, if your gonna talk crap, at least say something reasonable
Its not crap, its the internet. I will give Xray total credit for what they have done. They were a small company making cars when AE and TL were on top. Now they are on top and they are doing a good job staying there. My only point is that it is not good to come out with a new car every 6-8 months. It does not help the consumer when he feels he has to spend $400 every 8 months to feel competitive and be able to get factory support. THat is my point. Is that crap? I think it is a very valid point.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:30 AM   #96
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Todd please PM me the info of anyone willing to trade a 007 for an FK05 I've got a sweet FK05 right here for anyone that's willing to send me 007 (In good condition)

As far a the cars killing touring cars? No I think it's the batteries and how much better Nitros' reliabilty has gotten.

When I started running touring cars in '96-'99 you had cars coming out all the time. Hey I had both versions of the street weapon. I recall Yokomo in '99-'00 had the MR-4TC, MR-4TC PRO, MR-4TC Special, and MR-4TC Worlds edition. I had all of them

The TC3 and the XXX-S we're (are) great cars that I belive would still be competative today. The people who complain about a new car every year are the same people that would bitch about company X hasn't kept thier kits competative by going 2-3 years with the same model.

Just my $.02
Roly
I agree batteries do not help, hopefully 4200's will be here for a while.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #97
TLRacing

Well it looks like I struck a nerve here. Have fun guys!

I am OUT!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
And we wonder why TC is shrinking....new car of the week club.
You guys would be right there if it didn't take you 2 years to release a car...
Want to talk new cars? How many different versions and parts did you guys have available to TEAM guys throughout the development of the JRXS? It was supposed to be a radical departure in design..and it is...yet here we await the release of the Type R... (2 more weeks! LOL!!)

All of the people and companies accusing ANY manufacturer of copying or rebadging or stealing or cloning or whatever are just being homers. Supporting and defending the viewpoint of the manufacturer of the cars YOU drive.

In reality folks, this is a business. If all the companies had the resources and the means to do it, they would ALL have a new car every 6 weeks!!

Most companies that don't have a "flavor of the week" touring car have 378 different versions of 95 mph, uncontrollable, wheel standing, ankle smashing nitro trucks or itsy bitsy microscopic electric trucks that charge of your transmitter batteries.....

Either they get revenues from TC's or they do it with their other line. What's the difference..it's all about the benjamins baby!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #99
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
I guess it is the same reason you went behind my back last year at the Snowbirds.
I guess so!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #100
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is the best thread this year.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

I'm gonna go turn off Springer and just sit here and keep refreshing. I can't wait until the snowbirds, maybe this will make the time go by faster!!!
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I just called for delivery from Pizza Hut..Dont wana miss something....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #103
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Either they get revenues from TC's or they do it with their other line. What's the difference..it's all about the benjamins baby!!!
So you agree, then, that they're releasing new kits for the money, and it's not all about passing on new updates as a benefit to the consumer like EA said earlier? You can't have it both ways, right?

^^^ Intentionally stirring the pot, sorry! :-D
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #104
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
I just called for delivery from Pizza Hut..Dont wana miss something....
lol
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
So you agree, then, that they're releasing new kits for the money, and it's not about passing on new updates as a benefit to the consumer like EA said earlier? You can't have it both ways, right?
Well if you have a clue about business, then you will know that that is the intent of most businesses. Provide the customer something they need and make money. Like every other company out there. Name one company that makes ANYTHING that just wants to see the customer happy and have the best available product regardless of if they make a profit or not...not gonna happen my friend.

In summation, yes you can have it both ways......