R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #181
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
very good post.cant forget that the T1 platform was a carbon copy of the Tamiya 414.that blew me away.
Does that mean that I get a free DB12R? JK.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

If car manufacturer X upsets people so much by "copying" a design, then why support it? Simply don't buy it and that should resolve the issue right?

Don't forget that the Tamiya cannot compete against most cars on foam...so obviously the Xray must not be a carbon copy or it wouldn't work either.

And lets not use the excuse that Xray has all the drivers.... Tamiya has Reinhardt, had surikarn, David Jun, had Rick Howart......
Old 01-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #183
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hows everything going dude.i cant believe how this thread took off.i got a kick out of kevin k's post about the munchies.i almost fell off my chair.that was funny as hell
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #184
Tech Elite

Yeah well what do you expect...he runs a Schumacher! LOL!!! He needs a servo in the rear to make the old schuie steer on carpet!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #185
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
If car manufacturer X upsets people so much by "copying" a design, then why support it? Simply don't buy it and that should resolve the issue right?

Don't forget that the Tamiya cannot compete against most cars on foam...so obviously the Xray must not be a carbon copy or it wouldn't work either.

And lets not use the excuse that Xray has all the drivers.... Tamiya has Reinhardt, had surikarn, David Jun, had Rick Howart......
yes,and how did reinhardt do at vegas his first time out on foam carpet at vegas?pretty good for a car that cant do carpet.and lets face it bro,when 9 out of 10 usual suspects are running xray,they should hopefully make the show. im sorry dude,you know i like you bro but c'mon,how can you look at the history and think that there is anything inovative.lets face it bro.Tamiya set the standards for touring cars,xray is not the only one.tamiya made the car work so everyone follows.
J Concepts
Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #186
Tech Champion

Quote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ya gotta do what works. "Brand X" has shot to the top of the field and developed a loyal fan base. All of the cars out now look the same (except Losi) and we all know that it's the little adjustments and measurements that make the difference. However, "looks like an Xray" doesn't do any justice to the company who came up with the design. I'm glad that most cars look the same because it makes it easier to justify the car. When a brand goes out in left field with a design, you have to wonder why no one else thought of it, or why they're not copying it. Once again, I'm not hating on "Brand X" just not willing to give them credit for others hard work. And I obviously like the product, because I'm still driving it.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #187
Tech Lord

im not being a hypocrite either,my beloved cyclone is also guilty.
J Concepts
Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #188
Tech Elite

I never said ideas were not used...so you are telling me the xray is a direct copy of the tamiya? Then with the worlds best drivers why can't tehy make the car work? you said it yourself it doesn't work on carpet...why does the Xray? Something has to be different....maybe its the Quasi-Isotropic Graphite...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #189
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
WOW

I will say you dont see XRAY's team manager on here bashing other companys cars. I believe they let the results speak for themselves. Its funny to see Hodge, and Adrian so bitter though. Why dont you guys do some work to try and catch up rather then just bash XRAY.
I am not bitter, I am just adding some veggies to the stew!

Why don't we do some work and catch up? Sorry we are not spending the $$$ to get the dream team. So what you are saying that the reason you are fast, Ralphie, Baker, Lemiuex, and whoever else you have on your team is because of the car....interesting.

Like I said earlier, however you did not feel like reading all my post. Xray makes great stuff and they are on top right now. Congrats to them. JOB WELL DONE!!! Sorry if I bashed there!!

See at the Birds!

Luv ya bye
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #190
Tech Lord

quasi? more like G10 and warped like a banana.

all kidding aside,you are speaking of U.S. drivers vs. european drivers who do asphalt.the tamiya,hot bodies,xray,schumacher,or whoever will do excellent on carpet if enough time was spent.look at the xray top dogs bro,they are carpet drivers.look how well all the other brands do on asphalt.that is what they do.turn the tables and xray is in the same boat
J Concepts
Old 01-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #191
Tech Champion

Quote:
....maybe its the Quasi-Isotropic Graphite...
If they cut it in Satin, it would knock another .2 off each lap.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #192
Tech Elite

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Hey I have my BMI chassis from the Nats.....04' in portland..Satin black with Teambutter engraved into the chassis....DIALED!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #193
Tech Lord

so you still have the 04 huh?thats cool.how was the good old xray last weekend bro. just messin bro.give me a buzz later
J Concepts
Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
so you still have the 04 huh?thats cool.how was the good old xray last weekend bro. just messin bro.give me a buzz later

I can tell you here.... it SUCKED!!!! Besides getting taken out every heat by a west coast native... thats why i drove it into the pipe at 40mph...figured hell if someone is going to break my car might as well be me!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #195
Tech Lord

gotta get a hot bodies bro
J Concepts