R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Unhappy do new cars make a difference

hi guys i have ran my hara cyclone for a while now and i never felt that it hasnt suited me (dont know why????) has any one found that when thay change manufacturer ie hb to xray that have gone allot quicker?????????
wierd question i know!

Last edited by stephen hilton; 02-05-2007 at 01:08 PM.
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore
muahdib4 is correct, almost all the popular brands are ver close to each other in design these days. I have been running xray for the last two years and have not found a reason to change yet. The kit is complete the goes together like a dream. That would be the only negitive I have for the Tamiya, two local racers just bought Tamiya and said the kits were much more difficult to build.
I just put together a TA05 and it was much easier then my Pro4 and RDX to put together.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
I just put together a TA05 and it was much easier then my Pro4 and RDX to put together.
Tamiya kits have always been known for being easy to put together...top notch fit...and great performance so I don't know what his friends problems were.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4
Tamiya kits have always been known for being easy to put together...top notch fit...and great performance so I don't know what his friends problems were.
If your talking Tamiya kits in general. I bought a Tamiya 501X about a month ago and the directions and parts bags were a joke.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
If your talking Tamiya kits in general. I bought a Tamiya 501X about a month ago and the directions and parts bags were a joke.
Next time...have someone who can read help you. Like maybe the person reading this and typing for you.
KC/RC Drift Movement
Old 02-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Facts ARE facts. That is all there is to it.

I guess I will just stick with my EZ-2-READ instructions put out by other manufacturers. Thanks for the delightful insight.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Facts ARE facts. That is all there is to it.

I guess I will just stick with my EZ-2-READ instructions put out by other manufacturers. Thanks for the delightful insight.
What "facts"? The fact that every R/C mag on the planet has had nothing but great things to say about Tamiya's easy to follow instructions. The fact that myself and most everyone else who's put a Tamiya kit together thought it was easy. But, since you couldn't follow them...then it's a "fact" that the instructions suck. Wow, I'll be sure and ask you before I do anything that way I can get the "facts".
KC/RC Drift Movement
Old 02-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

At one of our local tracks, I've watched two different( very fast drivers) go from well setup tc3's and tc4 to xrays. both of these drivers on there first time out racing ran a full lap faster with the xrays than they did with there associated cars. Both xrays were setup with a basic carpet setup. since then, with fine tuning on there setups, both of these drivers have become two of the three fastest at this track. The other guy (#1 fastest) also drives an xray. The largest share of associated drivers at this track have either sold them for xrays or quit driving them. There's no doubt in my mind that driver and setups equal, the xray will turn faster lap times
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #39
Tech Adept

l

Last edited by civiceg; 01-02-2009 at 04:08 AM.
civiceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to gofastrlbrown
Default No Facts

Both of you are talking with no facts and that is a fact even if you work for AE. Very good possibility they have improved instead of remaining the same. Good luck with your crystal ball, mine is a little foggy I guess. I am not trying to be mean, let's just wait and see. You guys are probably correct in your assumptions. Gofastrlbrown
gofastrlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

the new associated tc5 is right on pace with the fastest xray drivers at the snowbirds. its cheaper easier to work on and get parts for it same day. the team just proved to the world that you do not need an xray to go fast. if you gave paul lemieux a tc5 he would go just as fast. its not always the car. besides we all know the xray is better than a tc4. just my .02
Old 02-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness
the new associated tc5 is right on pace with the fastest xray drivers at the snowbirds. its cheaper easier to work on and get parts for it same day. the team just proved to the world that you do not need an xray to go fast. if you gave paul lemieux a tc5 he would go just as fast. its not always the car. besides we all know the xray is better than a tc4. just my .02
It's never the car. Xray are like the Yankees...pay the best to make their product look better.
KC/RC Drift Movement