R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Spektrum DX2.0 or 3.0? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/146274-spektrum-dx2-0-3-0-a.html)

Deucefactor 01-24-2007 01:54 PM

Spektrum DX2.0 or 3.0?

I'm looking to upgrade to an affordable spektrum system and was wondering if you guys can tell me the difference between the Spektrum Dx2.0 and 3.0. I know the 3.0 comes with 2 receivers and is 3 channel. I don't see myself needing these things. I just have a TA05 and want the ability to drive at the track without worrying about frequencies.

Thanks.

Mike

porschejim911 01-24-2007 01:58 PM

If you were to have a fan and a transponder you would need the 3 channel receiver.

Originally Posted by Deucefactor
I'm looking to upgrade to an affordable spektrum system and was wondering if you guys can tell me the difference between the Spektrum Dx2.0 and 3.0. I know the 3.0 comes with 2 receivers and is 3 channel. I don't see myself needing these things. I just have a TA05 and want the ability to drive at the track without worrying about frequencies.

Thanks.

Mike

RCGaryK 01-24-2007 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by porschejim911
If you were to have a fan and a transponder you would need the 3 channel receiver.

Both radios use the same receiver, the SR3000, so regardless you'd be able to plug in both a transponder and fan into the receiver.

The DX3.0 also offers 4 model memory compared to the DX2.0's 2 model memory. Software programming is identical on each

boomer01 01-24-2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Deucefactor

Thanks.

Mike

go to www.amainhobbies.com they have the DX3 for $229 includes 2 servos and 2 receivers.

Deucefactor 01-24-2007 03:44 PM

Yeah, there's a local place with a better price, I just want to make sure I'm not paying too much extra for stuff I don't and won't ever need.

Centerline Racing 01-24-2007 10:26 PM

DX3 is not the same as the DX 3.0 or the 2.0

I own two DX3s and liked them both until I purchased a DX 2.0. Side by side, the DX3 is different from the DX 2.0. I was not aware that there is a DX 3.0. Programming and the manner in which the buttons operate are much more superior on the DX 2.0 than the DX3.

If you need a second receiver, buy one when you need it, new or used here.

Third channel is good if you run nitro or need a third channel. With what you say you want, go with the DX 2.0

My .02

Allan

swopemike 01-28-2007 05:15 PM

If you ever want to drive a 2nd car get the DX3.0. You are paying the $90 difference to get the extra receiver. But if you're sure you'll never pick up another car (which you will to run mod class, drifting, wife to run, decide to run off-road later, etc) save bucks and get the 2-channel. Most who go this far into the sport will use the 2nd receiver sooner or later, probably sooner.