R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard55
Anders Myrberg, head of engine compartment design at Volvo Cars
sure?

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 01-27-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #32
Tech Initiate

The main difference of the corally and mercedes(andys) body is the wing, in general they look the same. My point was to show how stupid the list is by point out that two almsot identical bodies only one is approved.
Another thing, what does it show when the list only have ONE body namned and numbered correctly out of the 14 in the list and that 6 of them isn't in the maunfacturers lists anymore???
MickeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #33
Tech Addict

InspGadgt: No problemo

SlowerOne: The "erosion" I was refering to was in reference to an EFRA Approved Body list that was inexplicably changed midstream and includes many bodies that are simply out of production or hard to find.

reynard55: Lets be hypothetical for a minute. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that if a guy drove a Volvo to work five days a week, entered a building that had a huge Volvo logo on it , where he spent time in a design studio full of current and future Volvo cars, had auto design underlings report to him all day - every day, as he made critical decisions regarding various facets of Volvo design, then got a fat paycheck every week that had Volvo printed across the top - just might be an expert on what a Volvo should look like.

Dale
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Dale-YGPM
Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #35
Tech Addict

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=788
Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp
reynard55: Lets be hypothetical for a minute. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that if a guy drove a Volvo to work five days a week, entered a building that had a huge Volvo logo on it , where he spent time in a design studio full of current and future Volvo cars, had auto design underlings report to him all day - every day, as he made critical decisions regarding various facets of Volvo design, then got a fat paycheck every week that had Volvo printed across the top - just might be an expert on what a Volvo should look like.

Dale
He can't have worked at Volvo for long, Dale, all the cars for the '80s and '90s were designed with an Etch-a-Sketch - straight lines everywhere!!

Methinks that since Simon Lamarre is credited with being the Chief Designer responsible for current Volvos (see the new C30) Anders might just have been taking the p***. Waddaya think, Dale... !!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Default GBS Guidelines?

If there's anyone out there that's curious about the GBS (Global Body Spec) for touring cars - it can be found online under "2007 ROAR Rule Book" on the ROAR web site.
http://www.roarracing.com/rules.php

Dale
Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As an auto technician who works on Swedish cars, and having seen the differences in simple parts, I wouldn't at all be surprised if there were many different designers in each little section and they would all report to a chief designer.

My personal favourite part in a SAAB is the pivot assembly that the handbrake lever bolts onto. An aluminium marvel that aesthetically would put any RC car bulkhead to shame and obviously took a significant amount of time to design. This is something that an owner will almost never see as it's covered by the centre console. It would not look out of place is a race car.

The lever on the other hand is three bits of cheap plastic with a cable running up the middle. When you press the button on the end, instead on the cable pushing down the handle, it twists, and spreads the two plastic halves of the handle apart instead of actually releasing the handbrake.

It's pretty obvious from looking at the two different parts that there were different engineers involved and I'm sure they both reported to a chief designer of some sort who then reported to the head chief designer.

The cup holders in the 9-3 are quite an impressive piece of work too.

Of course, SAAB never made an LMP car for any of the body manufacturers to copy and then be denied use of halfway through a season so I'll leave this thread to get back on topic.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #39
Tech Master

Can we please move on to whatīs this thread is all about?

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 02-04-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #40
Tech Rookie

Any news on this issue ? Think it is time to start hunting for those bodies if this decision will not be changed..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote