Search

I can repair oneways

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I can repair oneways

Save money!!!!

Good news guys- The tool we had machined to replace the oneway bearings in the front oneway WORKS !!! I have found the bearings, and so far the best price I've found is about $9 each. So the price will depend on how many bearings are bad plus my minimal charge plus shipping.

I think you could safely use a small padded envelope to ship it since it's not very fragile (unless it's in my car...lol)

When I actually get the new bearings will depend on how fast I get responses because I can't afford to buy a bunch right off the bat. I can have them in a matter of days though. You can use my email below of go to my website and get my phone number. The link is below.

You could also PM me

Questions or comments are welcome
Old 12-03-2001, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

You mean yok one-ways...
Old 12-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Actually Speedo, I did fix my Yok oneway earlier today, but I just got through fixing my TC3 oneway about an hour ago. I'm even thinking of trying a different bearing setup in the TC3 oneway because it has 4 oneway bearings and NO standard weight bearing bearings.... man, that's a tongue twister.....lol

I'm pretty sure I can repair almost any 4mm bore oneway with this killer tool we designed. Simple, but effective.

I honestly just want to help reduce the cost of repairs for all of us "working class" racers....
Old 12-03-2001, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a modified Hpi pro2 oneway to fit a C4.1, the bearings were removed and reinserted in the other direction. A while ago one of the bearings seized and the rollers fell out, I have a spare bearing.

what would the cost be to insert my spare bearing, and replace the other?.

so basicallt the cost of 1 bearing, and your time to install 2.?
Old 12-03-2001, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by King-G
I have a modified Hpi pro2 oneway to fit a C4.1, the bearings were removed and reinserted in the other direction. A while ago one of the bearings seized and the rollers fell out, I have a spare bearing.

what would the cost be to insert my spare bearing, and replace the other?.

so basicallt the cost of 1 bearing, and your time to install 2.?
King, you noticed that I'm in the states, right? Anyway, doesn't the HPI oneways have 6mm bores, or is that just the pro3? If it's 4mm like the TC3 and Yok, then about $15 plus shipping.

Is that cheap enough? hehe
Old 12-04-2001, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

BigDog,

Cool...I was dreading on having to get another one-way for my MR4. What's your address and what payment methods do you take? Thx for helping all of us out.
Old 12-04-2001, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

hm ... repairing one ways ....
i think i have seen a racer doing something to his one ways .... when it was stuck ... i did not really see what did he do but he managed to get a rough feeling one way moving like a baby again

the tool he used looksed like something to hook the ebaring and then twist a nut guided by a screw to remove the bearing and then after sorting thing out( not sure how he sort it out tho) he used the same tool but on the other end ... to use turning the nut on the screw to PUSH the bearing into place ....

he was running a MR4TC - yok.. hehe
Old 12-04-2001, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by YokGuy
BigDog,

Cool...I was dreading on having to get another one-way for my MR4. What's your address and what payment methods do you take? Thx for helping all of us out.
Hey, is this Bos?? If not, sorry- I bet you know Bos though!

My new address is on my website under the contact page, and I have paypal or I'll take M.O. too. The easiest MO's are the USPS ones. Only reason I mention that is I always forget about them myself.

No problem helping you guys out- I just hope I can eventually get the bearings cheaper and save us all even MORE money!!!

Quick question: Would anyone be interestd in being able to purchase aftermarket oneway diff housings? I had a business owner ask if I could design some oneways that would be just as efficient as OEM stuff, but stronger. After some extensive research and phone contacts, I've found some pretty strong oneway bearings so I told him I could. They might not be pretty blue, but they would last a lot longer and take more abuse. They would also cost approximately 2/3 what OEM housings cost now. Give me some feedback because I'm not going to waste this man's money- he's a business man and I doubt he wants to invest in something that won't sell.

Thanks guys,
Old 12-05-2001, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think you could start with Losi XXX-S. I don't have one yet but I've read that the one-way housing is composite and people have found cracks developing. This is making me hesitate on picking one up. I'm hoping someone (or Losi) decides to make an Aluminum setup.
Old 12-05-2001, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Big-Dog, I would be interested too. I have a Losi XXX-S as well and would like to pick up yours instead. Let us know when it's available. Thx.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RacerTex
I think you could start with Losi XXX-S. I don't have one yet but I've read that the one-way housing is composite and people have found cracks developing. This is making me hesitate on picking one up. I'm hoping someone (or Losi) decides to make an Aluminum setup.
OK, in that case, let me ask you this- would you rather have an exact replacement in aluminum, or would you like one that uses the same outdrives, but has more durable bearings?

BTW- I have some bearings on the way if anyone is ready to send your housing then go ahead. My shipping address is on the website.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would like the aluminum version with your heavy duty bearings. I would also like aluminum outdrives or the ability to use the factory outdrives. Can you use factory outdrives with the HD bearings? I would also require exacting engineering, not some GPM product that you have to re-engineer to make fit right.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:50 AM

BigDogRacing - Yeah, I'd use your service. When one of my MR4 one ways go bad I'll send it in to you.
Thanks Jason for providing this service.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

OK, I'll look into the XXXS aluminum oneway. Actually, a very talented friend of mine has already made a couple, and I'm sure he would share the design with me. I'll see what the cost of making a run in the CNC machine will be, along with the bearings and let you guys know what it would cost.

Keep the feedback coming....
Old 12-06-2001, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RacerTex
I would like the aluminum version with your heavy duty bearings. I would also like aluminum outdrives or the ability to use the factory outdrives. Can you use factory outdrives with the HD bearings? I would also require exacting engineering, not some GPM product that you have to re-engineer to make fit right.
Actually, we are thinking of using the TC3 outdrives so you have a huge selection of redily available dogbones. I think we can swing the H/D bearings with the TC3 outdrives. What would really be cool is to use the X-ray T1 spring steel outdrives....

You can rest assured that anything I do will be as close to perfect as I am capable of making it, whether it be paint jobs or aluminum diffs.