R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default opinions on integy auto tire truer v2

just wanted to know your thoughts on this tire truer, i know the hudy is the best i have used it, just want to know what you guys think about the integy, likes dislikes.......thanks.
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought it from Tower recently. I like it a lot.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have the "Team TRUECUT Tire Truing Machine", the one with the manual crank but it works fine for me... takes a little longer to use because it doesn't have a preset measurement but i cut allmy tires at home so its fine... i imagine the auto one works roughly the same just with the addition of a motorized arm to move the cutting bit...
Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
i have the "Team TRUECUT Tire Truing Machine", the one with the manual crank but it works fine for me... takes a little longer to use because it doesn't have a preset measurement but i cut allmy tires at home so its fine... i imagine the auto one works roughly the same just with the addition of a motorized arm to move the cutting bit...
i got this one from integy and for the price ($80.00)you cant beat it!

Last edited by Marcos.J; 07-29-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
hehe yea i have the one 1 model up from that one, with the manual crank to move the bit...
Old 01-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
hehe yea i have the one 1 model up from that one, with the manual crank to move the bit...
lol and you can cut camber in the tires too
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I hade the auto truer and was very pleased with it. Only thing I ended up changing was the bit to a Hudy one.

The quality was MUCH higher than I had expected.
Jeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

I have the Integy auto tire truer and i've used the hudy auto also. I think the integy does a decent job, but the hudy is definately much higher quality. On my integy I put the hudy carbide cutter on and it helps a lot. Some things I don't like about the integy are:

-the diameter adjustment knob is pretty loose and can move during cutting. I added a locking screw to lock the settings in place.
-It's nowhere near as powerful as the hudy or OFNA. It's not a huge deal, but it means you can't cut your tires to race size in one pass without the motor bogging down a lot.
-The cutter feed speed is too fast. I usually keep it at the slowest speed possible.
-The cutter feed speed adjustment only works for the Left>Right cut. Once it hits the stop and starts going Right>Left it goes full speed, which can leave grooves in the tires. When using the power feed I stop the cutter when it gets to the far right then round the edges and take the tire off before moving the cutter back to the left.

It's definately not as durable or user friendly as the hudy, but for the cost difference I chose the Integy. But I still use OD's Hudy whenever I can get away with it.

-James
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

At our track we have an in house Integy automatic type that has more than proven itself. Its been used on top of used. It refuses to ware out. I have a rag tag hudy that I've manage to keep going and it works perfect but that Integy will be the next one I buy if I need to buy another. Our's has the Hudy bit too.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
RLS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm very happy with my Integy Auto truer. You do want the Hudy cutting bit for it.
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #11
Tech Master

James, do you have the AutoTrueCut V2? I have the V2, and I don't think it has those feed-speed issues.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #12
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I have one of these, and the tracks on it get gummed up with tire shaving and making it impossible to use. How do you keep that from happening?

Has anybody tried the H.A.R.D. truer?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
Tech Elite

i got one but i us it for 1/12 and your doing 1/10 right. if i where you id get the hudy. when i did 1/10 tires for nitro it was a bit of a pain but it worked ok,takes more time to do a tire. but if you want to shred thos 1/10 tires get the hudy.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
Tech Initiate

Sold alot of these when I was working at SouthEast rc, all of my customers/fellow racers were very happy with it. I used theirs quite alot and it was wayyy better than my OFNA.
Hungbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #15
Tech Addict

I picked one up from Josh last year at the GLC trackside because my ofna had burned out and needed to get ready for the qualifiers. I only had a 15 power supply that could not push the truer. I ended up selling the truer but later found out that if Ihad my 30watt supply and a hudy bit the truer would have been great. I sold it for less than I paid and made some racers day....

this was the fully auto not the manual...

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote