Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net
Default LPR PULSAR 3

HI!

there will be a new charger from LRP for the lipos

selling for 149 € (about 170 dollar). the old pulsar 2 was at 299 €

look at this:
http://www.rc-car-net.at/rcn/thread.php?threadid=1424
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Very cool. Now I can bring my heli to the track and charge both!!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thats cool. I liked my Pulsar.

But I think that the $170 price tag will have to come down if they really want to sell a lot of them.

Everyone from the budget racer to the highend spenders that have gone to LiPo racing see that the Duratrax Ice is the class of the field for LiPo charging. And it comes in at a slim $119 max.

And now there are LiPo compatible chargers that are even cheaper than that! Some going for as low as $70 I think. So knowing that, why would anyone spend an extra $50-$100?

With LiPo racing, racers are quickly moving away from the wiz-bang 'look at me' features, and just want a charger that will charge their LiPo pack(s) safely, efficiently, and easily.

So to really compete, its all about price...not a long features list.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

I guess dying are the days of the $400 Turbo35 GFX'es.. there are so many more out there that can do what we need, and are much smaller..
Old 01-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

The R/C plane guys have been buying nice Lipo chargers for alot less than the 170 bucks. The Ice is one of the best bargains and ThunderPower is brining out a state of the art Lipo charger here real soon. ThunderPower is huge into airplane Lipos so this charger should be super nice.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
I guess dying are the days of the $400 Turbo35 GFX'es.. there are so many more out there that can do what we need, and are much smaller..
Exactly!!!

The days of two Turbo 35 GFX chargers in nearly every pit is dying quickly. And companies better realize that. All most of us need out of a charger now, is to, drum roll please...........charge the battery. Imagine that!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Great...does this mean that the Pulsar 2 will be discontinued immediately and the Pulsar 3 will be available sometime in the next year or two?

<Cough>QC3</Cough>
<Cough>Sphere Comp</Cough>

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net

i don't know how long it will take until the pulsar 3 is available, but i think it only will take a few months.

i guess we (rc-car-net) will have a few more pics of the pulsar 3 from the fair in nürnberg (germany) - from 1st to 6th february.
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I agree that 170 is way too much. Anyone who's been racing more then a year has a decent charger that runs motors and comm lathes. Since the LiPo charging apprears to be pretty simple and not full of black magic as NiMh (pulse vs step vs ect...), who needs a high dollar charger? People who are buying Lipo right now, I think, are looking to simplify. I'm sick of dragging around chargers, trays, fans, ect..

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-car-net
HI!

there will be a new charger from LRP for the lipos

selling for 149 € (about 170 dollar). the old pulsar 2 was at 299 €

look at this:
http://www.rc-car-net.at/rcn/thread.php?threadid=1424

149 Euro is the recommended retail price in Germany...I have to date never seen any rc product being more expensive in the US than in Germany so I would expect a lower streetprice in the US...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #11
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Yeap....some may think that. But I would rather pay 400.00 for one of those that comes with in the industries BEST customer service and repair times (IF it ever has a problem) than to buy something for about half price that takes 4-5 weeks, at best (LRP) to have repaired or several months, a ton of money in shipping and lax replies to emails (MM)+expensive on top of that.

But then again thats just me I guess.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yeap....some may think that. But I would rather pay 400.00 for one of those that comes with in the industries BEST customer service and repair times (IF it ever has a problem) than to buy something for about half price that takes 4-5 weeks, at best (LRP) to have repaired or several months, a ton of money in shipping and lax replies to emails (MM)+expensive on top of that.

But then again thats just me I guess.

EA
Shame Eric we have a much better LRP backing here in the UK from our distributor normally a 72hour turn around on any LRP product
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #13
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Shame Eric we have a much better LRP backing here in the UK from our distributor normally a 72hour turn around on any LRP product
Yea it is. I know someone who sent in a Sphere Comp over 6 weeks ago and still has not got anything back...not even a call or email!! Thats not just a random incident either....You can find the same complaint in numerous post on this forum.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yea it is. I know someone who sent in a Sphere Comp over 6 weeks ago and still has not got anything back...not even a call or email!! Thats not just a random incident either....You can find the same complaint in numerous post on this forum.

EA
I guess reto needs to kick some ass and sort it out by the sounds of things
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:

EA
I've heard similar reports, hence my snippy reply. I would honestly someone to fix the problem. I speculate it's Associated since they are the importer (I think that's right). Associated has had similar problems with car parts, kits, you name it. Someone needs to get fired. LRP is getting a bad name here in the US and I don't believe it's their fault.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote