R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #16
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I've heard similar reports, hence my snippy reply. I would honestly someone to fix the problem. I speculate it's Associated since they are the importer (I think that's right). Associated has had similar problems with car parts, kits, you name it. Someone needs to get fired. LRP is getting a bad name here in the US and I don't believe it's their fault.
Yeap. I believe you are correct....Unless maybe its a Supply issue from LRP....Im sure if you ask one they will blame it on the other!!

BTW (Not directed at you) One of the best chargers on the market is the Pitbull X3.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yeap....some may think that. But I would rather pay 400.00 for one of those that comes with in the industries BEST customer service and repair times (IF it ever has a problem) than to buy something for about half price that takes 4-5 weeks, at best (LRP) to have repaired or several months, a ton of money in shipping and lax replies to emails (MM)+expensive on top of that.

But then again thats just me I guess.

EA
Not only that...MADE IN THE USA!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

The only thing i dont like about the Pitbull is the annoying sounds.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

I would rather have a pitbull then a Prophet Plus. Of course a Turbo 35 GFX is coming to my doorstep some time this week or next week.

thercbarn.com
$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #20
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
The only thing i dont like about the Pitbull is the annoying sounds.
Yeap but its very easy to cut them off

EA
Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ICE is really handy and cheap, the only 2 things missing is PC interface and 30A discharge. But I guess not many ppl need these 2 features anyway..
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #22
Tech Master

Wow .... I'm curious ....

Just think of buying TOAdvantage for Li-Po, but if it's available shortly, I'll definitely go for pulsar 3.

Beside, it'll add my Pulsars collection.....
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:47 AM   #23
Tech Addict

The LRP chargers have always been really good at no fuss charging and have excellent reliability record. Most of the complaints here about lengthy repair time are from people in USA and they should blame Associated not LRP. I know for a fact that LRP instructs all their importers to immediately replace faulty LRP products (after testing that they are really faulty).

The Duratrax ICE has really crushed all the competition, it's not perfect but it works well and is a very good charger for the price. Anyone who pays twice as much for other chargers has IMO less sense than money (but that's their right ).

I'm going to buy the Pulsar 3 and then I'm waiting for the ICE 2 .
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
149 Euro is the recommended retail price in Germany...I have to date never seen any rc product being more expensive in the US than in Germany so I would expect a lower streetprice in the US...
you're exactlx right! but let us wait until it is available in US
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

I'm not sure I could ever give up my GFX (except for whatever CE replaces it with). When guys can't get a pack charged becuase of a cell that has gone dead, or seems to be dead. They go to the guys with the CE's. this includes guys with novak mil. pro's, integy's, and even the lrp's. My GFX seems to always kick life back into packs when thier charges would false peak. I've had all the above chargers, and still have an integy, but the GFX does the best job. I know they have been working on a lipo update, and I have had a couple email converstaions with Jim at CE. it's coming, they just have a couple other projects on the bench right now.

Now, on that same note, when somebody asks me what charger to buy (usually newbies) I tell them about the CE, knowing full well, they probalby don't want to spend the $$$ on it. AFter that, I do recommend the LRP as it's pretty feature rich. there are also a couple guys at the track that have hte ICE, and they like it.

I also think that as lipos get more popular, I have no doubt they are gonna find a way (if they havn't already) to match these things to get the best performance out of them. To me, it only makes sense. I also know there are already chargeres out there that do "balance" charging, which is similar to the spintech charger..charges each cell individually to pack the most juice into the cells. I think this will only develope over time.
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #26
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

isnt the gfx getting a upgrade for lipos?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #27
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
isnt the gfx getting a upgrade for lipos?
Yeap...seen the demo software that Jim had at the Novak race. GFX will be fully LIPO safe and very easy to use!!

EA
Old 01-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #28
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yeap...seen the demo software that Jim had at the Novak race. GFX will be fully LIPO safe and very easy to use!!

EA
cool i guess i need to keep mine
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #29
Tech Addict

Wow, the news about our new LRP Pulsar-3 made it over here very quickly... I actually didn't even know that the german news was out already, so it was a surprise for me as well and I first thought we got a leak somewhere!

We have been working on the "Pulsar 3" for quite a bit and it really is another big step over the "Pulsar 2" which was already a great charger (IMHO the best out there... but I do admit everyone has it's favourite). Lot's of improvements and new features in the Pulsar3, which I'm sure you guys will like.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito
Wow, the news about our new LRP Pulsar-3 made it over here very quickly... I actually didn't even know that the german news was out already, so it was a surprise for me as well and I first thought we got a leak somewhere!

We have been working on the "Pulsar 3" for quite a bit and it really is another big step over the "Pulsar 2" which was already a great charger (IMHO the best out there... but I do admit everyone has it's favourite). Lot's of improvements and new features in the Pulsar3, which I'm sure you guys will like.
burito I tried sending this via PM or email but you don't have that option selected so I'll post it here instead.

Any thoughts or comments on the apparent lack of stock here in the US? The QC3, Sphere Comp (and now the Sphere) just cannot be found here in the US.

I hope these issues are being addressed by LRP because as I said in the Pulsar 3 thread, here in the US LRP is getting a pretty bad name and I don't believe it's the fault of LRP.

Thanks and good luck,
Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote