R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   interference help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/145605-interference-help.html)

riley1131 01-20-2007 04:03 PM

interference help

Today I was in my yard tring out my new track. I started my rc10gt and as soon as the engine starts the electrics start glitching like crazy. So I changed the channel and still the same result. So then I tried my b4 buggy with the same radio the only diffrence was the gt has a novak reciver and the b4 has a jr both are synthsized. The b4 ran without problem. My buddy was here with his traxas and he was having the same problems just not as bad.My electronics work fin in the gt until the engine is running. Any opinions will be very appreciated.The only thing i can figure was maybe a cb or somthing in the area so i drove about a mile away but still had the same result oh yea the b4 was running on the same channel as the gt it did glitch a little in some spots but the gt was just going crazy.

UN4RACING 01-20-2007 04:30 PM

Sound's like a vibration problem in the rec. Try another rec. Only be sure not to mount it to tight or secure and see if it still glitch'es. If it was previuosly mounted to tight it may have suffered some damage from the hard landing's.
Carefull run away's are hard to catch, Also it could be a servo.

Hungbrush 01-20-2007 04:44 PM

How come they never run as fast as when they are a runaway! :smile:

UN4RACING 01-20-2007 04:47 PM

Yeah its never full on brake's.
Just full on throttle. :lol:

riley1131 01-20-2007 05:50 PM

Ill try another one.I thought about that but it was working fine when i quit running it monday at the track.I ran the battery completely dead monday but it should be ok, its only a week old.It ackted like this before with a bad battery.I was going to try the receiver out of the b4 but the plus are different n the servos in the gt.Im going to fool around with it tommrow. Rite now it just isant making much sense.

Marcos.J 01-20-2007 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by riley1131
Today I was in my yard tring out my new track. I started my rc10gt and as soon as the engine starts the electrics start glitching like crazy. So I changed the channel and still the same result. So then I tried my b4 buggy with the same radio the only diffrence was the gt has a novak reciver and the b4 has a jr both are synthsized. The b4 ran without problem. My buddy was here with his traxas and he was having the same problems just not as bad.My electronics work fin in the gt until the engine is running. Any opinions will be very appreciated.The only thing i can figure was maybe a cb or somthing in the area so i drove about a mile away but still had the same result oh yea the b4 was running on the same channel as the gt it did glitch a little in some spots but the gt was just going crazy.

one word "spektrum"

UN4RACING 01-20-2007 05:53 PM

Maybe check to see if there's fuel on it.? Good luck the glitch gremlin can be hard to catch too.

riley1131 01-20-2007 06:47 PM

Allright I just took the receiver out and held it in my hand while it waas running and it worked so i guess it somthing in the receiver.Ill have to send it to novak i guess.Are these novaks known for this? Do yall recommend a diffrent brand? Ive always had good luck with their speed controls and they have great service.Just wondering if the jr are better.

UN4RACING 01-20-2007 07:03 PM

I use a JR radio with a JR rec. R200. As long as you keep the rec. cushioned when you mount it you should be OK with the novak.

Iceracer 01-20-2007 08:47 PM

Dirt got into my receiver through the unused servo plug openings. Any vibration moved the dirt around and caused glitch. I had to remove the double printed circuit board, unsolder and separate the two boards, unsolder the metal box that covers the RF section and clean out the dirt. Works fine now. Bottom line, tape up any openings.

PoLsKiE 01-20-2007 11:54 PM

i had the same problem with my mugen mbx5 only when i got on it it would glitch a bit an freak out it was the recuiver i had a novak xxtra 2 probs with it 1 there was small little rocks in it and 2 i had small cut in the antenna wire i would go with a diffrent reciver the vibration also shakes the synthesized switches just enough to make it glitch thats your problem if that dont help then i hate to say it its your property or place your running at there could be wires or somthing in the ground glitching it

riley1131 01-21-2007 10:21 AM

I just went out and tried it again.I put a piece of foam under it and instead of straping it down,I just more less let the servo wires hold it down. It worked until about half throttle but then just went wild again. I think it will work in a electric car and novak charges $35 + 7 dollars shipping to replace it with a refurb which is as much as I paid for it. I got a little use out of it and I figure thats what I get for buying used.Im looking for a better option, I have my jr rs300 in my b4 but the plugs on the servos will not work with it without a adapter so I cant just switch them.I dont really want to replace it with a new or used novak after this and hearing others have been having the same problem but I may not have any other logical choice.I did open the case on it and split the boards and everything was clean and looked fine.What do yall recommend?Im using the xs3 radio I guess I could put a cheap fm crystalized reciever in and tune to the crystal with the radio but that really defeats the purpus of sythsized.Anyway thanks for all of yalls help and advice.