R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2007, 04:16 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Team ORION 4200 V-MAX PLUS RDS WC CELLS INFO

Whats the best charging methods for these cells baring in mind they are brand new?
Ive been told not to charge them at a very high ampage level when new.
What should i charge them at new at and re-peak them at?

What ampage and delta peak etc should i charge and peak at etc when theyve had afew charges etc?

I'm running in 27t stock class and using ctx muchmore discharger/discharger.

Also have the muchmore ctx-d2 personal discharger/personal matcher.
Anyone have a idea what values should be set on this for matching the cells?

Thanks
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Tech Regular

charge them at 4 amp for the first 6 charges or so 3mv/cell and then step it up to 5 or 6 amp depending on how long you want em to last hth cya wednesday
stephen hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

I woud also like someone to shed some light on charging/trying for new IB4200WC's also.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
TLRacing

I charge my packs at 6.0 amps with a .03mv cutoff with an Orion Advantage Charger. After my run, I will discharge the packs after a run down to 5.4v at 30amps to check runtimes. If I am going to run the pack the next day I will leave it alone. I will tray the battery in a much more tray before my next run. If not I will put atleast a 50% charge back into the pack. Then discharge it and tray the battery in a Much More Tray down to .9v per cell. Then charge for racing. If the pack peaks 5 minutes before I run I will not repeak. If it is longer I will repeak.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Hodge,

Do you use the temp probe at all that came with teh Orion Advantage Carbon charger? I have teh same charger, and was doing some testing with it. I foudn that the sensor was very un-accurate, and is not magnetised like the manual/website said it was. i have to use tape to keep it snug to the cell. I said F it and just use 3-4mv per cell cuttoff, so thats 18mv or 24mv cuttoff per pack. I know people that use GP 4300's, the have to set their mV higher because the makeup of the GP cell is alot differnt and takes a higher mV setting, like 30mV+ per pack.

As far as teh stupid temp probe goes, i set it to cuttoff at 52 Celcius, which is 125 degrees. i was monitoring it while charging, and the highest it got with a regular old 6 amp charge was 49 celcius, but the pack was like 135+ degrees! so i wont be using that prob anytme soon!?