R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   US dealer for Kawada Sigma single belt TC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/14524-us-dealer-kawada-sigma-single-belt-tc.html)

sac 03-08-2003 10:06 PM

US dealer for Kawada Sigma single belt TC

Evolution Hobbies is now the US dealer for the Kawada sv-10 Sigma single belt touring car.First shipment is expected at the end of march.They are taking pre-orders and they use paypal for easy payment.You should contact them thru there web-site www.evolutionhobbies.com for more information or check out www.kawadamodel.co.jp and hit english page button in the right corner.For all US orders got Evolution Hobbies.Some car kits are already spoken for ,so there is a lot of interest for these cars.
For anymore information go to www.evolutionhobbies.com
I will also try to keep you up to date.
>sac
please note some sections of the web-site still under construction.
Also they are going to be the US dealer for the OVA t4/l2 car kit fron japan.Go to there web-site for more information,or check out www.ova.co.jp and goto there english page.

sac 03-09-2003 10:14 PM

Kawada cars

With the very high interest in the Kawada sv-10 Sigma single belt car .Its seem that Evolution Hobbies may bring in other kawada kits.A decision has not been made yet,but there are considering it.Alcyon touring car (dual belt), 1/12th scale pan car and even 1/24th scale tripmate cars.Kawada has won numerous championships in Japan with there others cars ,and looks like Sigma will do the same.The decision on the other Kawada cars will come after they get th e Sigma line all set.

for more information contact www.evolutionhobbies.com
don't forget to sign in on the guest book

Ova pricing for the t4/L2 kit will be posted very soon !!

i will post more information later!
sac:sneaky:

sac 03-10-2003 10:32 PM

shipping

Evolution Hobbies will ship to Canada ,you just have to email them to see how much it will cost .
Go to www.evolutionhobbies.com
I hope some people that know about the sigma kit or just have comments about the car ,will start leaving responses on this thread so other can see what people are asking.This is how these threads stay around.I will try to answer people as much as i can ,just leave it here.No need to send me a email or PM.
To answer one question right off ,they will have parts for the sigma, plus option parts too.They are in the first shipment with the kits.
.sac

ROBORAT 03-10-2003 10:56 PM

.... interesting:sneaky:

Evoracer 03-10-2003 11:20 PM

This post was edited after some confusion was cleared up. Evolution Hobbies, a dealer for Kawada cars and located in Maine, is not the same as my company, Evolution Racing Hobbies located in Florida.
Good Luck with the Kawada line. They are truly fine pieces and I would love to get my hands on one. Look forward to more news!!

razzo 03-11-2003 12:07 AM

Leon.. what's your beef with Evohobbies? one new thread to bash them (looks like with out having the right facts to start with) and bashing them here. Have you even tried to order something from there? I'm don't have any involvement with Evohobbies, but your bashing seems to have no merit. If you sell someone's product, you are a 'dealer' who cares how the product got received. I don't think they are advertising as offical 'importer' which would mean they get direct from factory/manufacturer.

Anyhow, as for the Sigma... hope it's good as previous Kawada kits, too bad SV10-II and it's derivative never got released in US. I ran the original SV10-II long as I could before parts support dried up in US. I think 2 SV10-II were officially imported to US before Kawada stopped their distribution in US. I did tech support for Kawada in US for about 6 months before they pulled out, and they had great products.

evo hobbies, if you are planning on importing MS300 12th scaler, make sure you get tires/wheels for them, sicne they use their own wheels, my MS300 had to have a custom made diff/axle fitted to it to use AE/Jaco rear wheels, and custom front axles to use regular 12th scale wheels.

Korey Harbke 03-11-2003 04:07 PM

I actually know the former distributor of Kawada. They are awesome cars. They are very solid and have a super free driver train. I'm talking about the original SV-10 Acylon too...

sac 03-11-2003 10:02 PM

Kawada sv-10 sigma pictures

I tried to to post some pictures of the Kawada Sigma single belt car ,but for some reason it didn't work.If by chance anybody has pictures and would be willing to post them, that would be great.The pictures can be from the another tread or even something from the Kawada web--site www.kawadamodel.co.jp
I was trying to post pictures of the chassie and drive train.Pictures of any Kawada car is great too!
Thanks for the help.

:) :) :)

dtm 03-12-2003 02:59 AM

sac- if you take a look at the "other" Sigma thread you will find pictures during my build!:D

turbolag 03-12-2003 11:11 PM

Razzo, are you razzo from the old Trinity board?

Hi this is Hpia4.v2, I am using a new handle name.
You moved to COlorado, why Minnesota is too cold for ya?

I am running Xray now, still have the old SV-10 somewhere in my garage self.

Good to see you, if you are not the same razzo, well sorry then.
ciao.

razzo 03-13-2003 12:09 AM

turbolag, yea, it's me same razzo! how you been! It's been what? 5 years? yikes! still driving around in an Audi? I think I'm on my 3rd different one since we touched base. MN wasn't too cold, just needed changed of scenery, moved to place with even more snow!

No RC out here though, closest track is 4hrs away. I'm on a RC hiatus, but with the new Kawada, I might have to get one and get back in. I've been running mostly Tamiya since my SV10II days. Hit the e-mail button and drop me a line.

sorry for being off topic guys :)

Sigearhead 03-13-2003 01:10 AM

car looks sweet !:D

turbolag 03-13-2003 09:35 PM

For razzo, check your PM

or send me a direct email to [email protected]

dtm 03-14-2003 03:59 AM

Sigma Pics

1 Attachment(s)
I've had a second request for these, so here goes!

dtm 03-14-2003 03:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics