Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/5 scale FG electric motor in a 1/8 scale?? >

1/5 scale FG electric motor in a 1/8 scale??

1/5 scale FG electric motor in a 1/8 scale??

Old 01-25-2017, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Default 1/5 scale FG electric motor in a 1/8 scale??

I was looking at a guy's 1/8 scale kyosho onroad car and he put a FG 1/5 scale electric motor in it. I think he going to need to put a clutch on that motor to smooth out the application of power. Otherwise he is going to be tearing up the drivetrain. I think that FG electric motor made by Castle Creations puts out about 10hp. What do you guys think?? Here is a link....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CKImEkuIM&t=27s

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 01-25-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
I was looking at a guy's 1/8 scale kyosho onroad car and he put a FG 1/5 scale electric motor in it. I think he going to need to put a clutch on that motor to smooth out the application of power. Otherwise he is going to be tearing up the drivetrain. I think that FG electric motor made by Castle Creations puts out about 10hp. What do you guys think?? Here is a link....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CKImEkuIM&t=27s
Why dont you just run a lighter and more compact TP Power CM 4070 that makes at least 12 hp and does not require a custom motor mount. Even my Castle 2200kv has made over 12 hp.