R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeLinux
Yes, but with the temperature probe on the side, where you used to plug in the battery wamer/cooler means that you cannot use those now.
Huh, good point. Intentionally crippled or not able to stay cool enough without the jet engines inside?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
What's the giant green thing poking out of the docking station thing? Did someone sink my battleship?
The thing poking upwards? Looks like a glow starter to me.
ILikeLinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
What's the giant green thing poking out of the docking station thing? Did someone sink my battleship?
this is RCTECH not XXXTECH :P a horribly rendered glowstick? err plug.
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

i like the noisy fans. i could tell when charging had stopped.

never bothered me, at the track could barely hear it with all the other noise going on, and at home didnt care either.
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 AM   #20
Tech Regular

don't get me wrong i love the MM stuff but this just looks like a re-packaging exercise, that docking unit on the front why not just have those connectors comming out of the front panel on the unit itself???
One thing you can be sure of, that orange screen will defo give you more punch in your cells
come on much more surely your engineers time would be better spent making a pc cable for the ctx-d we've only been waiting forever!!!
Boosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:27 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Where's the motor run-in feature with the new unit???
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:56 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to more$thanbrains

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

I CANT WAIT

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god
more$thanbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #23
Tech Master

Max charge only 6amps??
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

well with the new 4200 wc cells it seems if you go above six amps the cells tend to overheat and start venting... or just dont last as long.. there really isnt any need to go higher since the voltage on the wc cells are much higher than anything before..
Old 01-18-2007, 02:37 AM   #25
Tech Master

Thats true but there are some out there like me still needs the high charge amps as there are some race like the Tamiya races require to use 'older' cells like their 2400s. I've charge them @ 10amps for the 'silver can' class.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta-racah

I CANT WAIT

Werd!

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

6a discharge (crap)
6a charge (crap)
orange back light (crap)
docking station (crap)
lipo balencer bit(that bit won`t work on the orion or trakpower cells,different setup (crap)
the voltage Cutoff does not look adjustable stuck on 3mvc (crap)

Another marketing stich me up ploy

think i`ll buy one
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #28
Tech Addict

The SC Charger looks more like a specialized Lipo or Multi-purpose or Down graded CTX CellMaster charger with almost every other charging functions simply compromised or simply being added as a supplement - doh!!!

The CTX CM has very nice features and that would be the side slots for either a cooler or warmer and the CTX Charging profile, why do away with these ??? However, the removable selectable connector slots in front is a welcoming change.

Hope this SC Charger will NOT be MuchMore's mainstream charger.
Hope to see a much more improved & advanced CTX CellMaster, perhaps call it the Grand Master be released soon.
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

This charger sounds neither here nor there. You won't be using it to discharge your cells, it doesn't step charge your NiMH, and to charge your LiPos, you need that balancer unit, or a balancer unit of some sort. With the balancer unit in, it looks as chunky as other NiMH+LiPo chargers. "Docking station" sounds very high tech and at first sounds like one of those now-why-didnt-anybody-think-of-these-earlier ideas, but in practice probably would work out to be now-why-didnt-I-just-buy-two-chargers ideas.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There are much better options if you're looking to charge LiPo and maybe some NiMH in your controller radio, like what Orion has to offer. LiPo chargers have the luxury of being tiny and simple, which is a perk. Weighing them down with a bunch of other crap doesn't create value, it creates a clunky, ugly charger that obviously isn't even important enough to get its own case. Sorry MM, I love you guys and your products, but what we know of this so far, it seems to be well below your cutting-edge standard.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMRH8&P=7
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote