Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Link please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

car action used to take a pros car and review it. I mean it would be cool if they reviewed lets say hodges touring car one month, dumas 12th scale the next.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #63
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Link please.
hahahaha nice picture
abusedrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I just can't remember why I let my subscription expire...
Yea i think i used to get that mag Wonder if i still do? Oh yea its sitting on my bench still
Old 01-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
You know the US Indoor Champs were presented by TRINITY.... one of Car Action's most lucrative advertisers. Perhaps if Trinity, (a company founded on and dedicated to racing) were to pull all of their advertising from Air Age's less than stellar publication, things might change.
I don't think that would help. Trinity has already pulled their advertising, or has not advertised in RCCA, for the last several months. If you look through some recent back issues, you won't find one ad for Trinity.

One would think that with "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday", RCCA would do more in depth coverage of races, or even car reviews. I know you have to pay the bills w/ advertising, but a single page coverage of 2006 Snowbirds??

Like Cuffs said, I remeber when they did reviews of the Pros cars from big races. What ever happened to that?

XRC is definately the best magazine out there. The reviews are very well done, equal pages / space is given to all classes, and the best race coverage.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Mags

Things that piss me off about mags:
-While reviewing a carpet car: One mag tested it on pavement with rubber tires and then bitch about it not having a oneway. Someone reveiwed one of the shumacher cars and said if only i could have tested it on carpet bla bla bla.....
-A certain mag did what looked to be a great touring car shoot out. Part 1 belts, part 2 shafts, part 3 belt vs shaft. $1000sssssss of bucks spent to make it all equal. Tuning ect ect..... WTF!!! Not all the cars came with oneways! So even though it was a pro car shoot out with thousands spent on tires,motors ect ect, they did not fork the coin to get oneways for the cars that did not have them.... So guess what? The lap times showed the oneway cars having an advantage... All in all the 3 parts probably did give the true winner but i just wonder how some of the dual diff cars would have faired if they had been given the oneways like the winning car had... They changed everything they could to optimize all the cars....
-special section for planes or boats.... hello they got there own mags.
-sweepstakes that are not available to subscribers outside the USA.. Frig i pay my share and then some, but i can't win a TMAXX!! LOL a friggin tmaxx. Give me a friggin pro level race car...

STUFF I like:
-chicks holding RC cars
-race coverage world wide
-racer profiles. EXtreme did two great interviews with Ernie and Chris.... How about some more of those one on ones... It was good stuff.
-how tooos
-chicks
-shoot outs.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #67
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4
Yep, either drift...or run a nitro T-maxx. Then what you love gets LOTS of coverage. That probably explains why I dropped all my RC Mag subscriptions...hmmm...
-me too. it's nothing but monster truck this, monster truck that, enough with the freakin' monster trucks already...............and then theres drifting.....yawn.............
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Agreed that XRC rocks! Derek and crew do a great job. I would LOVE to see a special XRC issue of the DHI race coverage (that chick was smokin')

RCCA needs more Tire Guides. Those are always REALLY helpful

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #69
Tech Champion

On the bright side, RC Driver had a 4 page write up on Cleveland! I think they may have had one or two pages of micro drifting...

The write up wasnt much, but at least they had some pictures...

I remember back in the day when RCCA had the Team Drivers' Rides, and it took up 2 pages. It was usually a pic of the car w/o the body, and q&a with the driver about racing, spare time, etc. It also had a listing of their electronics, hopups/mods, sponsors, and recent results. My favorite one for the longest time was Josh Cyrul's oval car, I think it was a Trinity Switchblade...could be wrong tho. The last one I remember seeing, I think they had 3 cars, and I only sorta remember 2...one was Barry Baker's NTC3, and the other was Ralph Burch's Xray, the last might have been a truck or buggy.

Those were usually really interesting, and I learned quite a bit from them myself.
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #70
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
two words "racer x"

anyone who follows motorcross reads racer x becuase it is the best of the best. racer x is full of adds just like any other magazine but it is also full of amazing photgraphs, industry insights and other cool statistics, pretty much everything to do with supercross and motorcross, there is no test ride articles no comparison articles, just pure racing with great pics. It also focuses on the people involved in the sport. if you get a chance flip thru one even if you don't follow motorcross you can dream about an r/c version.
-RacerX is a great mag. Anyone half-interested in motocross/supercross should pick one up. The guys at RCCA should take notice............................
Old 01-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
I don't think that would help. Trinity has already pulled their advertising, or has not advertised in RCCA, for the last several months. If you look through some recent back issues, you won't find one ad for Trinity.

-looks like RCCA will be done soon. Step up Associated, pull your ads................
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkboy
On the bright side, RC Driver had a 4 page write up on Cleveland! I think they may have had one or two pages of micro drifting...

The write up wasnt much, but at least they had some pictures...

I remember back in the day when RCCA had the Team Drivers' Rides, and it took up 2 pages. It was usually a pic of the car w/o the body, and q&a with the driver about racing, spare time, etc. It also had a listing of their electronics, hopups/mods, sponsors, and recent results. My favorite one for the longest time was Josh Cyrul's oval car, I think it was a Trinity Switchblade...could be wrong tho. The last one I remember seeing, I think they had 3 cars, and I only sorta remember 2...one was Barry Baker's NTC3, and the other was Ralph Burch's Xray, the last might have been a truck or buggy.

Those were usually really interesting, and I learned quite a bit from them myself.
Actually the last one I got had a nice article about the monster truck that was like that. There was 4 or 5 different trucks, 2 of them being revo's, but it was neat seeing that. Being a "noob" at rc and never raced yet, I like reading about the new stuff that comes out
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

I got my last issue a few months ago and never renewed. But my favorite thing in some of there recent issues was the 24 pages in a row traxxas ad. I mean come on 24 freakin pages of junk!
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RCCA bash #101 i get my renewal notice in the mail.... stating there best price for loyal renewing customers...... Went on line... The new subscriber price was cheaper then my renewal price was!! WFT! Im done with them.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #75
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Without a doubt my favorite is Radio Racecar International. It costs about 70 for a years subscription(from England), but their reviews are very indepth and they cover more than one race every issue, sometimes 3 or 4 good reviews. Plus they cover every round of the BRCA 12th scale nationals(among the BRCA TC, offroad, IC Gas, Schumacher BTCC, etc) which is my favorite to read.

Definitly worth the money