R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #136
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life
Real 1/1 scale drifting YES!! R/C drifting NAA!!
drifting is very interesting, but the fun factor is short lived. unlike touring car racing. we tried drifting a few times, but eventually we all got bored. were back to stock mod racing again.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #137
Tech Regular

each to their own, some of you love tc racing, others dont, some love drifting others dont.

I have tried about every type of electric rcracing. of course none of them are exciting as full scale racing. My all time favorite is 1/10 pan racing. it no longer exhist at most venues.

I tried drifting and yes it was fun for a while. however it takes a lot of practice to become good at rc drifting. and sometime you never get better.
So if you are an average drifter as I am, you are not going to like it as much as the guys that can do tandem drifting, or drift near the walls within inches.

what I do like about the other venues are the rc drivers very laid back and helpful.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #138
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anymore, most of the mags are just micro/8th nitro circle jerks. I can't remember the last time I picked up Car Action. RC Driver is much more up my alley.
Jason B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #139
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
Most people won't appreciate Drifting (as I didn't) until you go to an event and watch the speed and control involved. It's not too easy to drift a car at 90mph 8 feet from a wall and the car in front of you.

If you're a motorsports fan, and can appreciate high HP cars, and skilled driving there should be no hating on drifting.

If they're good they should be much less than 8 feet from the wall.

I agree that it takes talent and skill...but r/c drifting can get boring.

Pushing for a lap within 2 tenths of Cuffs is exciting! And sometimes disappointing

No hate on drifting, just much more love for racing.
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #140
Tech Regular

Yes,
RC Action has it's limitations, so do the others. I have .not read rc magezines for over 10 years. because most of the articles, car test reviews and race coverage had nothing to do with my interest.

However, in RC Actions defense recently I have purchased the last 5 issues also Xtreme rc and even driver. I thank the magezines for an easy reading format to visit to learn the lates in RC. the test and articles answered many of my questions re 1/8 nitro buggy/truggy racing and rc crawling

RC action is not for the hard core racer. hard core guys should their create own tc magazine.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #141
Team Tekin

Late to the party but still have a question.

Does anyone read RC Car? I do not see any mention of it here and I do see reference to the "3 magazines"

We advertise in all 4 and it is always difficult to figure out where the money is best spent. I will give the nod to XRC for personal enjoyment, but RC Driver and RC Car have kicked it up recently. Certainly best if we have a selection of good magazines that cater to particuliar taste. Some groups and readers are even concerned with the name Hellfire or our cute little cartoon nurse. We respect that, but love her!

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-14-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin

Does anyone read RC Car? I do not seem any mention of it here and I do see reference to the "3 magazines"

Tekin Prez
I read RC car. They are actually pretty good now.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin

Does anyone read RC Car? I do not see any mention of it here and I do see reference to the "3 magazines"

We advertise in all 4 and it is always difficult to figure out where the money is best spent. I will give the nod to XRC for personal enjoyment, but RC Driver and RC Car have kicked it up recently. Certainly best if we have a selection of good magazines that cater to particuliar taste. Some groups and readers are even concerned with the name Hellfire or our cute little cartoon nurse. We respect that, but love her!

Tekin Prez
Save your money RCCA is junk, I don't even read it for free on the magazine stand at wal-mart

Last edited by dawgmeat; 04-14-2007 at 04:14 PM.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #144
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Save your money RCCA is junk, I don't even read it for free on the magazine at wal-mart
RCCA is good for something i use it for my cat's litter box!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
RCCA is good for something i use it for my cat's litter box!!
U have a cat????
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #146
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
U have a cat????
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

1. X-Treme is #1 Great for race coverage! A+ on reviews. Commentary is also #1 They do a great job all across the spektrum of RC

2. RC Car Is definatly starting to get better. Seems they now have some RC people writing the reviews now! Major attention to Rock Crawling which is smart.. due to the increase in popularity.

3. RC Driver covers 1-1 racing and does some fair reviews. Great for getting some extra attention to RC. Seems to be missing something though.

4. RCCA Not really sure anymore. Think they just do the mag for the adds. Not as much love for RC as they had in the early 90's.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #148
Team Tekin

Does anyone enjoy the online versions? The Zino package.

How about the live coverage of races. Seems like we are on the verge of a good opportunity for advertisers. I like the idea of knowing that the right people are watching and seeing the promotions.

FYI for anyone thinking of hosting a race and asking us for sponsorship, GOOD LIVE COVERAGE. In fact that might deserve a good thread. We are never going to fill the stands with spectators, but we will actually reach the right people in mass qty with good live coverage.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 05-10-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't enjoy the online versions at all. Only in desperation will I use it. I would much rather have something tangible in my hands to read.

Live race coverage is amazing. Needs a good announcer though, and they are hard to find for every race. I think Latif (used to be with Trinity), and Scotty are two great announcers that those who call races should look to aspire to.

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #150
Team Tekin

Totally agree a great announcer makes all the difference. Since live video is expensive and still not that great perhaps live audio is really the ticket and easier for most to accomplish. The Tekin crew loves to listen to the races. Makes them more in touch with our drivers and the energy at the events. Drives it home how important it is that every unit work perfectly when they see how intense the competition really is. We had snowbirds on the entire time.

Someone just has to give us a better reason to sponsor races since magazine coverage is hard to predict and really just highlights the winners, not the payers.

Tekin Prez