R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Vegas Travel Tips?????

Heading to Vegas for business with some spare time.

What are the names and addresses of shops I will be upset I missed after being there? Thinking Mamba max and 1/10 electric stuff.

Any help out there?

PM might be easier

Last edited by todd8603; 01-09-2007 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling
todd8603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When you headed out? I'll be out there with my brothers this weekend. We are shipping our cars there and will try to hit a local track anytime after this Saturday

We'll be staying in Southern Highlands area which very close to the strip.
zx1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Cutting edge r/c raceway is a top notch facility! It is the finest indoor (fully air conditioned) offroad/onroad track I've ever seen. Here's the link http://www.cutting-edgerc.com/
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Tech Elite

why is all off road tracks now hard as a rock, its like running on concrete. just asking,that vegas track looks like a nice place.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

a bunch of "Us" local on-road guys have been putting some rubber down on the carpet track as well.....Give John a call ahad of time & he will make sure they vacume up the carpet track for you... We usually head down on Tuesdays & Saturday's (before 5p-Off Road race)

call him & let him & let him know your comming....gear for a med-small technical track...fun & fast layout
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoppa
a bunch of "Us" local on-road guys have been putting some rubber down on the carpet track as well.....Give John a call ahad of time & he will make sure they vacume up the carpet track for you... We usually head down on Tuesdays & Saturday's (before 5p-Off Road race)

call him & let him & let him know your comming....gear for a med-small technical track...fun & fast layout
ghoppa this is a bit off topic but you mention in your post that "john will vacume the carpet" does this effect traction as at my local club the carpet is getting *hitty there's loads of carpet dust and fluff and when i asked about maybe having a hoover race to clean things up a bit i was told that if we did that it would effect the traction and thats why it hasn't been done in the past, can anyone confirm this ??
Boosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:55 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ask the vet. at my track why don't we vaccume the carpet. They say that when you vacum the track all the brissel of the carpet. get placed all over the place. As we alway us the same carpet in the same area. So once the fiber get laye down they create more traction. But when they stand up after you vacumm it. I will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get it back down. I hope this helps and make sense.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:12 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus
I ask the vet. at my track why don't we vaccume the carpet. They say that when you vacum the track all the brissel of the carpet. get placed all over the place. As we alway us the same carpet in the same area. So once the fiber get laye down they create more traction. But when they stand up after you vacumm it. I will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get it back down. I hope this helps and make sense.
nice one cyrrus that helped and makes sense! we don't lay the same bit of carpet in the same place every week so i'm wondering if it would have such a big effect on grip might be worth doing it to clean it up a bit and suffer the lower grip for a few weeks but enjoy the cleaner cars
Boosta is offline   Reply With Quote