R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default gqproduct 12th wheels/tyres...

Hi all, has anyone heard of or used gqproduct 12th wheels and tyres? Also, as their website does not give out prices or where they can be bought from, can anyone help with that info as well? Many thanks and all the best, Chris.
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman2
Hi all, has anyone heard of or used gqproduct 12th wheels and tyres? Also, as their website does not give out prices or where they can be bought from, can anyone help with that info as well? Many thanks and all the best, Chris.

Wingman Try Bruce Triplett at R/C for less.

www.rc4less.com

Let him know Hector Garcia sent you.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Try this link.

http://www.competition-rc.com/catalo...php?pages_id=8
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies and links guys, much appreciated. Hector, did I meet you when TQ Hobbies held a Florida State Race a little while back? I was the only Brit there with a CEFX C12. Its just I think I remember the name form somewhere, if not then sorry about that! Cheers lads, Chris.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the replies and links guys, much appreciated. Hector, did I meet you when TQ Hobbies held a Florida State Race a little while back? I was the only Brit there with a CEFX C12. Its just I think I remember the name form somewhere, if not then sorry about that! Cheers lads, Chris.
Hey Chris nice to here from you, Yes I am Hector that you met at TQ.

Where are located at now? You still Here or back in England?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
Tech Master

Though I'd heard the name somewhere! We where just over there on holiday when I came to TQ, we were supposed to go over again in 2006 but we had a baby instead! We may go back this year but more likely next year as the father in law wants to take us all to his villa, great! Still racing 12ths (nothing else) over here in the UK but may move over to Virginia for a couple of years with work if all goes to plan. All the best mate, Chris.

PS, could you tell the guy from TQ that I never got the shims or the band with the com truer I bought whilst there!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Though I'd heard the name somewhere! We where just over there on holiday when I came to TQ, we were supposed to go over again in 2006 but we had a baby instead! We may go back this year but more likely next year as the father in law wants to take us all to his villa, great! Still racing 12ths (nothing else) over here in the UK but may move over to Virginia for a couple of years with work if all goes to plan. All the best mate, Chris.

PS, could you tell the guy from TQ that I never got the shims or the band with the com truer I bought whilst there!
Congrats on the baby! Boy or Girl ?

Chris I will mention it to him on the 5th of Febuary when I see him at the SnowBirds.

Glad to hear you will be back. Maybe we'll get together again for some 12th scale racing.

Also you will like Virginia it is really nice being centrally located to most tracks on the east coast, plenty of racing for you my friend.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT

A group of my drivers has been using GQ Carpet Foams exclusively this season with really good results. The grip is good, and the tires and rims are really durable. Most sets end up retiring from running down to minimum diameter as opposed to being chunked or broken.

We've had good luck with Black Fronts/Tan Rears, as well as Pink Front/Pink Rears.

You can get them from Competition RC - www.competition-rc.com.
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
Tech Master

Cheers mate, we had a baby girl, Ellie, back in April last year. Don't know if she'll ever get into RC cars though because I took her along to a couple of meetings and she cried her eyes out at both of them!!

I've always raced 12th cars but did dabble with buggies for a while. That was great fun but there was only one track that raced on dirt, the rest raced on grass which didn't do anything for me at all.

If we do get out there, I might have another go at buggies because you guys have some awesome tracks over there and its always (compared to here) nice and sunny!!

All the best mate,

Chris.