R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Lrp Esc (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/14369-lrp-esc.html)

NeO-pRo-3 03-05-2003 04:29 PM

Lrp Esc

I'm getting a new esc and i've decided to go with LRP! I don't know which esc to get, the V7.1 or the SR IPC esc. They are both the same price at a local hobby shop of mines. So i don't know what's the difference. I race stock so should i get the SR? but then later on i would want to MODify, so should i get the V7.1?

andrew5 03-05-2003 04:35 PM

how much do thay cost? if you have 150 get the qutaim competion off www.towerhobbies.com

Leon 03-05-2003 04:37 PM

I was faced with the same question not too long ago and I ended up with a Quantum Competition. The Quantum Comp is adjustable from an agressive to a smooth profile. I am unsure, but I have suspicions that the most aggressive profile in the quantum is identical to the program in the SR.

I race stock as well, that's why I was interested in the SR. I had narrowed it down to the GT7, IPC SR or the Quantum Comp. I wanted something super small as well, that opens up the type of cars I could fit it in. Pretty much all the new cars coming out now have very limited space.

All I know is that the punch is pretty insane right off the line on the Quantum Comp. This is compared to a KO VFS2000 with the program adjusted to some super low frequency, I was fairly happy with the punch the KO provided and I really didn't need more but the Quantum definitely has more punch.

NeO-pRo-3 03-05-2003 05:56 PM

Thanks guys, i don't want to spend a lot of money even though 30 bucks more for the Quantum isnt bad, but i'm on a budget, so i might just get the SR

Cole Trickle 03-06-2003 01:18 AM

I'm using the LRP v7.1 for stock reacing. It's a real nice ESC, but sometimes I wish it had more punch.

What about the Novak Dually? Two profiles, one for stock and one for modified. Real good specs too. Only 90$ at Towerhobbies. Novak Dually

Leon 03-06-2003 02:04 AM

I have a Dually. It's alright. Not as puncy as the Quantum Competition or the VFS2000 and it was monsterously huge. I could barely fit it into my TA04 and couldn't fit it on to my XXX-S. Don't even dream about any other cars.

The one I got is in great shape. I'd sell it to ya for $50 shipped if you like. I ran it for only a few months. I still have all the packaging etc. If you're curious and want to just give it a go, it's a lot cheaper this way. And if you descide you don't like it you could pass it on with minimal loss of cash.

NeO-pRo-3 03-06-2003 02:36 PM

Sorry I'm gonna get a NIB one. The SR is good for Modify too right?

rc-zombies 03-06-2003 02:40 PM

Neo...

Get a GT-7!
I have both the 7.1 and SR.
will now be selling them to get more GT-7's. :D

ZER01 03-07-2003 09:41 AM

The new novak GT7 is awesome, way awesome, I love mine too much. Neo, if I were you I would look at the Novak Atom, this ESC has profiles to run both Mod and Stock.

rc-zombies 03-07-2003 09:45 AM

Isn't the Atom discontinued...along with the C2

tufferwilde 03-07-2003 09:45 AM

GT7 is too smooth for stock racing.... expecially stock TC racing - for offroad it would be fine...

As for the argument for the LRP's... I have 7.1's in both of my XXX-s's, but I mainly run mod.... the SR is a fine ESC, but will not be quite as smooth for Mod racing. they are built off of the same platform, just different software profiles in the two. The quantum comp is well worth the money if you can find the extra dollars - that is what I run in my buggy and it is great!

Wilde

rc-zombies 03-07-2003 09:51 AM

tufferwilde

What profile are you running if it's too smooth... I've got mine set to profile 4...and it's great for Stock..very punchy throttle response.

tufferwilde 03-07-2003 11:59 AM

RC - to be quite honest, I have no idea what setting it was on... knowing the owner of the car, I am sure it was on the stock profile, but I just didn't like the feel of the ESC... seemed really nice and smooth... but almost too much so for me

Wilde

Cole Trickle 03-07-2003 11:02 PM

Here's an link, which explain about drive frequency KO Propo

What's a "NIB one"?

It sounds like you're hooked on LRP. My experience with LRP, is that LRP are high quality products. I've been using my 7.1 for stock only for 1½ year. Sometimes I wish it had some more punch. But after I got my EX-11 Presto, I could adjust so the 7.1 feels much better. I'm doing pretty well, I'm on the top5 at our club. And to be honest, an SR version wont make me number one.

spitfire 03-08-2003 01:11 AM

Cole New In Box