R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-15-2003, 09:15 PM   #151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by peter_robinson
as i understand it, a plaid is purple and orange, not double pink and orange... or am i wrong?
Yes, Plaids are a purple compound tire with the outer sidewall being a different compound (orange).
Old 03-15-2003, 09:21 PM   #152
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

there ya go...

not a official rule or posting but i see were you got it, why would they not put that on the entry form?? the only way you could of seen it was there...

was it posted anywere else also? just wondering?

but i see it now... you have a good point.

wonder how many others saw it?
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:16 AM   #153
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tires...

I was wrong in what i said.. I call jaco tires diff then what they actually are.. They are double pink . and they are available. I just never ran them before becuase they were so soft. Also TRC and jaco make many type of variation of these tires and as long as either one of them sell them you are ok under this rule..

Sorry for the confusion.. I was just not aware of the coding that jack used versus what we call them as drivers . We need to work on that more.. . Call it old school.. LOL

Mike
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:18 AM   #154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Variation... meaning sorry..

I should have clarified in what i meant. Variation of the tires meaning durometer readings were like this , i might run a 30 purple instead of a 40 on the rear...

Mike
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #155
Tech Regular

That rule doesnt make sense. The milling that a lot of guys do is not available commercially, does that mean its illegal? And if I mount my own tires from foam donuts, and make a double pink/orange combo, is that illegal?

Even if those tires were not commercially available, you could buy the donuts and mount them yourself.

Just a thought.
RC Paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
Pro-10 Wow i could not imagine how fast they would be if they where raced.. Man could you see a 7-turn with 6-cells wowee. I know the last worlds i ran with them it was 12 turns and that was almost to fast .. I would like to see them with maybe 4-cells. That would be fun.. But if it is 6 cells count me out. I think touring is going to fast as it is now. I hope they do something about that soon for interest of the hobby...

Later

Mike
We have try 4 cells and it looks way to slow with a 10 turn. What I would like to see is an 12-turn limit like BRCA has. This way you can slow the cars down with out have to by all new stuff. I Think it need to be in all the mod classes from Off road to 1/12th.

PS. Good to have you here Mike.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:52 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

thanks for the clarafication mike, i was just wondering and now it makes sense to me, thanx.

by the way, are you going to the reedy race this year too. i guess i will see you there.

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 10:54 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

mike,

i forgot to ask... i'm kinda doind my own poll of top drivers...

-which do you perfer, foam tires on touring cars, or rubber tires?-

peter

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 11:36 AM   #159
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz_S
We have try 4 cells and it looks way to slow with a 10 turn. What I would like to see is an 12-turn limit like BRCA has. This way you can slow the cars down with out have to by all new stuff. I Think it need to be in all the mod classes from Off road to 1/12th.

PS. Good to have you here Mike.
Sounds like a good idea to me! I never went below an 11 turn in my Pro-10, it was just about as fast as I could handle. Mod Pro-10 is something else. IMO 12 turn is a good rule and I haven't noticed many compliants about it in British championships.
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:03 PM   #160
Tech Adept

The BRCA 12 turn limit isnt all that great. It just means that we have to gear the crap out of them to get any speed and destroy the motor in the proccess. I would much prefer a 10 turn limit, go about the same speed but without the need to massivly overgear the motors.
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #161
Tech Regular

Yeah, I've seen some of the gear ratios people are using! But wouldn't the top drivers do the same with a 10 turn motor limit? I haven't raced in the BTCC but I would imagine that the situation would be worse with a lower/no motor limit. I don't know how this motor/battery warfare is going to end.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:50 PM   #162
Tech Adept

yeah, i have to agree people will probably do the same as with the 12 turns, the people who can afford a new motor every 3 or 4 meetings still will do but i deffinatly can't!
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #163
Tech Regular

Maybe brushless will sort it out for good?
Old 03-19-2003, 04:01 AM   #164
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Well, I finally got around to adding the last batch of pictures from the event to the page, as well as the final results for the lower mains and everything else. So the pages are officially (finally) done.

Thanks for sticking with R/C Tech for the coverage, and we'll be sure to do it again as soon as possible!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:53 AM   #165
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to TommyGun43

Big news...Mike Dumas is now driving for Losi.
TommyGun43 is offline   Reply With Quote