Wiki Posts
Search

Horizonhobby service center

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 12:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs down Horizonhobby service center

I wanted to relay a recent situation I had with Horizonhobby service center.

I sent in my V12 speedo to them for repair. I and the tech support guy found that it was simply an error in setup that I was making. He sent it back to me at no cost. Cool right?

Well I get it back from them and the case is barely holding together. It has burn marks around the soldering tabs and and the power cap wire is nearly burned through. I also sent in my Schottky with the speedo and didn't get it back!

I called them and you know what happened! Yep, you guessed it, "It was like that when we got it" Yeah, ok, sure it was! They also said the case was nearly falling apart when they got it. So its basically my word agaist theirs.

Guys who race with me like CIVIC91, HPI-1, and Lowrance know I would never drive around with my equipment nearly falling apart. I can't even stand to have my car dirty, how could I drive around with a speedcontrol torn up like that!

So take this as a warning guys. If you need to send your stuff into Horizonhobby, take pictures of it first. Preferably with a camera that dates the photos. DON'T let this happen to you.

Since their the only service center for GM, I'll never get anything else made by that company!
Old 11-14-2001, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Now that's the type of thing that ticks me off , but its never happened to me as the people I buy off are very friendly people plus they are a local hobby shop not a chain hobby shop. Associated some how broke a part of the inside dampers whilst shipping it from the US o' A and due the the kindness the local hobby shop they replaced it without a question, how cool is that? VERY!

Sorry to hear that Darkside, but we can all learn from others misfortunes, thanks for the tip about taking a photo of the thing you are sending back in.