R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2003, 08:47 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Default one more suggestion

If you do not want to get ranked on in the first place than why did you make a post about a radio shack car, this page isn't about low riding hidrollick hopping cars, it is about on road racing.

Do you understand what i am trying to tell you?
pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Exclamation Waiting and watching

DjJiz420;

You bent over with a sign that said "KICK ME" so we did.

Quote:
The locals at our Radio Shack do not understand what I need. None are even familar with the products they sell.
Man, seems like every single Radio Shack store is like that!!! I think if they sold Gum, they couldn't explain how to use it.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:52 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to DjJiz420

Some of you guys make it hard to enjoy cars... Thats pretty immature for some "serious" competitors.... but hey... no big deal... Ill still keep modding my cars.

My old man and I were pretty big in these cars in the early/ mid 90's.... It took alot of time to get cars to run true every time... none of this RTR stuff but should I look down on someone that buy's a pre assembled kit? Or has a 6 year old chassis? Wtf does that prove to anyone? Just makes you look like an ass....

Eather way... thanks to those that have helped so far. I havent really gotten the answers I really need, but Im doing my homework and teaching myself what to look for...

Had some problems today with the 67 while hopping. The top a arm plate busted off on one side so Im making one from aluminum. I hope to have some pics of it soon... but have been to busy on 1/1 cars to play with my toys.

Works pretty good so far but gotta get some high tq servo's to improve whats on so far.

If anyone has a set of 1/10 Wire Wheel rims PLEASE lmk what you want for them.... Anything can be bashed or chipped except the spoke/ hub area...

Thanks
DjJiz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:24 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Why would anyone who was thinking about getting into RC actually decide to do it when they get on this board and gets made fun of and bashed. I agree that it is highly immature and it is making some of you look like complete fools. This is a hobby which I for one would like to see grow and expand. If we treat potential hobbyist and racers the way you guys are on this board then there's not much chance of that happening.

DJ, I have plenty of rims but not the kind you're looking for. Sorry. I'm thinking they'd be too big for your car anyways.
Sigearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 06:23 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DJ- for your project I would look into a Multiplex Profi-car radio it has 7 channels. Go ahead and replace the reciever, speedo, and steering servo aong with your 3 wheel servos. Even easier to use wou;d be an airplane radio (stick) I would get at least a 6 channel radio so you could have 1 servo dedicated to each wheel. Look into Tamiya servo savers, they have multiple mounting holes for the tie-rods and 3 springs to change the tension which will allow you to not need any shocks. Reversing speedos can be had for as little as $30, just make sure you get one with a brake....

Also spend the extra cash on high speed and high torque servos, and make sure you get metal geared ones.......... This car will never be worth what you put into it, but hey you will definately have the coolest "hopin' hooptie" ever built........ HMMM maybe I will do something like that with the spare TC3 I have?????

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 07:42 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Default 1/10 Wire Wheel

DjJiz420;

Pegausus Hobbies has them. They also sell complete R/C low rider kits that will do just about everything the full size cars can.

PS: Take that "Kick me" sign off your back!

Last edited by popsracer; 03-07-2003 at 07:45 AM.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Default Sorry man

I have a good web site for you to look at for those rims dood, here goes

www.ebay.com That should help you find what you are looking for.

Last edited by pfeiffer; 03-07-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:17 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Talking Just playing man

You can find that kind of stuff on ebay.

Last edited by pfeiffer; 03-07-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Default Re: THE DIFFERENCE

Quote:
Originally posted by pfeiffer
Hey do you guys know the difference between a

BROWN NOSER

and $--T Head

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DEPTH PRECEPTION
-Pfeiffer
Wow, that's a really good one! You're so talented, sweetie. Why don't you stop hiding behind that monitor, get out of your mommy's basement and get a fucking life.
Dirty Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 02:56 PM   #25
Tech Regular

OOps you let a little to much slip out that time.

Last edited by pfeiffer; 03-07-2003 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:42 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to DjJiz420

" Why would anyone who was thinking about getting into RC actually decide to do it when they get on this board and gets made fun of and bashed. I agree that it is highly immature and it is making some of you look like complete fools. This is a hobby which I for one would like to see grow and expand. If we treat potential hobbyist and racers the way you guys are on this board then there's not much chance of that happening.

DJ, I have plenty of rims but not the kind you're looking for. Sorry. I'm thinking they'd be too big for your car anyways. "

Thank you very much... Pretty crazy how this hobby seems to have gone down hill. We had 12 cars with an average of 1g in each and two custom 6ft+ weed wacker powered boats. We NEVER would bash another racer or hobbiest in this way. We had the fastest and best engionered cars at that time in our area and won many trophys in Canada for friendship games.... Dont hate because I want to have fun.

Any wheel wont be to big.... Im just cutting the wheel pattern out and sticking it to my old hub. Heres pics for example

If you want, feel free to look in this folder... then make fun of the cars.... http://www.e-zone.nl/jevries/ Theres some sweet vids of stuff working.

"DJ- for your project I would look into a Multiplex Profi-car radio it has 7 channels. Go ahead and replace the reciever, speedo, and steering servo aong with your 3 wheel servos. Even easier to use wou;d be an airplane radio (stick) I would get at least a 6 channel radio so you could have 1 servo dedicated to each wheel. Look into Tamiya servo savers, they have multiple mounting holes for the tie-rods and 3 springs to change the tension which will allow you to not need any shocks. Reversing speedos can be had for as little as $30, just make sure you get one with a brake....

Also spend the extra cash on high speed and high torque servos, and make sure you get metal geared ones.......... This car will never be worth what you put into it, but hey you will definately have the coolest "hopin' hooptie" ever built........ HMMM maybe I will do something like that with the spare TC3 I have????? "

Thanks for the sugestions! I would love to get all that stuff but if I did I would buy a good chassis lol... These cant take to much punishment. Ive had to start bracing spots with aluminum but it working out nicely.

I will keep in mind the electronics sugested tho... sounds like a fun project. This one is nice for me because of its price. I want to keep it low buck. Btw.... You should build a car! If your not happy with it sell it on ebay! People pay $200+ for non rolling 1/10 hoppers..... win win eather way..... might help getting rid of some spare parts from the junk box

" DjJiz420;

Pegausus Hobbies has them. They also sell complete R/C low rider kits that will do just about everything the full size cars can.

PS: Take that "Kick me" sign off your back! "

Thanks for the link... Ive found them at a couple spots online but dont need new ones really. Id rather ruin an old set.

" Wow, that's a really good one! You're so talented, sweetie. Why don't you stop hiding behind that monitor, get out of your mommy's basement and get a fucking life. "

Thanks.....

Chad

Last edited by DjJiz420; 03-07-2003 at 04:47 PM.
DjJiz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:29 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Default Hey DJ,

Since your name says you live in minasota, well last time i was there i went to the mall of AMERICA, and they had like three different hobby shops, one of them had all of the kind of stuff that you are looking for, like modle cars wheels and gold plated rims, and all of that kind of pimp stuff for the modle cars with hidrolics.

Hey man i am sorry for bashing on you, most of the stuff that people say is just a joke man you can't take stuff that seriously man.

Any one who want's to be in the r/c hobby is my friend whether the car costs $1500.00 or, $15.00. you are a friend of mine.

I am sorry like i said for bashing on you man, well chack all of those stores out and tell me what you found.

Good luck man.

-Pfeiffer
Old 03-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to spitfire Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

DJ, if u ever make it to St. Paul, go check out Scale Model Supplies 458 Lexington Pkwy N, St Paul, MN 55104
Phone: (651) 646-7781. they have a ton of stuff. And if u don't make it down. Call them and see if they have what u need and if they do i can always cruise over there and pick it up for ya and mail it to ya
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:52 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to RideRed98

well since most people are bashing...i just saw his webiste with the Digital designs subwoofer on it...cough cough yuck

Cerwin Strokers OWN U
RideRed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by RideRed98
Cerwin Strokers OWN U
Nah JL W7 series
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote