R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I agree, the focus of this post is about clubs, the grass roots if you will of R/C, the weekend person... From the grass roots you will have some people that want to take racing to the national level, which is ok, but to start, you need to have a good club base going and in order to do this, you will need to take and modify the current ROAR rules. I see the current rules by ROAR as defining the national level of racing, not the club, state or multi state racing programs. That for me is the fundamental problem with the current rules... Do not get me wrong, the current rules can be modified by your local club, the problem is most do not understand this or do not want to change it. ROAR even states it in the rules you change modify them, but they could be more up front and clear.

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.

Last edited by bvoltz; 01-05-2007 at 02:57 PM.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #47
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just gett'n her back up top bvolt. It was getting quiet in here.
I think that gray area in the rule's may be there for a good reason. It keep's room for the undefinable, fluke situatoins. You know like every one having the same color car.

Keep voteing.

X

Last edited by UN4RACING; 01-06-2007 at 02:41 PM.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #48
Tech Lord

It looks like a lot of brushed motor racers have voted to me. I wonder?

Last edited by UN4RACING; 01-06-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I run 4300 BL in my TC. I run brushed stock in 1/12th scale. I hate doing motors. I love 1/12th scale, as soon as I can make it BL, you'll see a bunch of motor building crap on eBay. I sometimes feel a little lazy not doing the motor work all the time, but I feel I've been able to spend some of that energy other places. Which makes for a more prepared chassis and a more fun evening at the track.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #50
Tech Lord

Maybe it's good to share a thought, I would really hate to sway a vote, yet here go's. I believe we need mixed classes it will keep the over all cost down give a wider variety of stuff to tinker with and a larger class to run. It appears lipo and brushless have finally made a mark. I just feel that if we dont first atemp to keep one or the other alive the mark will leave a scar.
Look at the shelve's what do we do. Yes it's a sacrifice of the manufacturer's in an attemp to recall the lost racer's. It will be an oppertunity to revive a spirit that is some where waiting to be free again. If it's cost then this is the oppertnity to get a handle on where we went wrong. I believe that we need to be more free spirted and less spirited on a club level. That with the brushless lipo age we have a chance to keep our favorite place to hang out alive. Any how I did'nt prepare for this testimonial so hopfully you can read into with an open mind and get out of this what you want and the future of R/C clubs. I voted did you? BL is here to stay it's up to all of us how we should handle it. Read you all around. And dont stop having fun or it will be over. So go fast and try not to crash.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #51
Tech Elite

let's not let this die just at this point... Let's keep the voting alive and see where this goes...

Old 01-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default BRUSHLESS FOREVER

I HAVE ONLY BEEN BACK IN RC RACING FOR A YEAR OR SO BUT AS SOON AS I GOT THE "FEVER" ONCE AGAIN, I WENT BRUSHLESS ON ALL 3 OF MY CARS. AT MY CLUB TRACK WE ONLY RUN OVAL AND THE TRACK OPERATOR STARTED BREAKOUT CLASSES WHERE ANYTHING PAN CAR/OVAL COULD BE RUN. THIS HELPED A LOT BECAUSE YOU CAN RUN ANY MOTOR, ANY SPEEDO, TIRES, ETC. ETC. BUT HE HAS ALSO KEPT 21 TURN, 19T, STOCK OPEN FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT TO RUN IT.

BUT AFTER SEEING THE COMPARISON OF A STOCK BRUSHED MOTOR AGAINST A STOCK BRUSHLESS MOTOR , THE STOCK BRUSHED GUYS QUICKLY WANTED TO CONVERT. I KNOW SOME OF THE OLDER "VETERANS" LOVED NOTHING MORE THAN TO SPEND HOURS BUILDING THE PERFECT STOCK MOTOR ONLY TO SEE IT SMOKED IN TIMES BY THE BL 13.5 .

I FOR ONE LOVE THE ABILITY TO RUN A 3.5R MOTOR IN A BOLINK LEGEND , RUNNING A 8 SECOND BREAKOUT, AND NOT WORRY ABOUT DROPPING A GEAR, ADDING A GEAR, AND JUST GO OUT THERE WITH A 3PK AND STAY COMPETITIVE ALL NIGHT LONG WITH THE SAME BATTERY AND A TOUCH OF A BUTTON.

NOW I SAY AGAIN, THIS IS FOR OVAL AND AT OUR LOCAL TRACK. WHILE TRYING TO STAY WITHIN ROAR AND ARCOR RULES, LOCAL GUYS ARE THERE TO HAVE FUN, TAKE HOME A WIN ON OCCASION , AND KNOW THAT RUNNING A CLASS WITH A BREAKOUT IS AS EQUAL AS YOU CAN GET.

AND LASTLY, I CAST MY VOTE

BRUSHLESS 4 ME 4 EVER.....OR UNTIL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG !!!

KEEP THE VOTES COMING

FUJIMO
FUJIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #53
Tech Elite

With over 500 on line member at most times, you would think that the total votes would be greater. Look at the end of the day I'm sure how the vote will come out, but so many post on here have been debating this topic, and the vote is a simple way of hearing what people want to race.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
Let's see what you have to say via a Poll.

Vote on your preference:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142957

I made a mistake on the 4300 in one of the choices on the Poll, and I can figure out how to correct. So the typo is I called it a 4800, and it is 4300 motor. Sorry for that.
This thread is useless without a poll.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
This thread is useless without a poll.
There is a poll, all you need to do is click on the link and you are taken to the poll.

Page 1, first post.... for the link...

Old 01-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guarantee the poll would have at least one more vote if you had put the poll in the thread with the word poll in the title.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote