R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #14341
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Lol

We ended up with me driving the Barracuda R3 and my GF Drove my T3 and E4RS09.. I have sold my T3 to get a freind of mine started in this hobby. Yes i keept the E4RS09. Please help me out with a easy driving asfalt foam setup for the R3. No matter what i did its twitcy and has alot of oversteer
VikNor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #14342
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikNor View Post
Anybody still use this car?. I just bougt 3 1/2 of this cars to my GF Alex. She wanted to join me on the track and i got 3 1/2 of this cars with alot of spares and all the springs,nice hitec servo mamaba max 5700kv 4lipos etc for 120 bucks.. We had our first trackday 3days ago. At first i tried the car as it was. The 3 other car is just parts. This is a BarracudaR3 With all the alu parts minus the alu hubs. The car was all over the place and almost felt like a drifter. It has a one way front diff locked mid dif and standard in the rear. The track we drive the most is High grip,medium surface,open. I you wanna help me and need a better description of the track pm me and ill send you some pics. Please help me out with a easy to drive setup so my GF keeps the intrest P.S A Manual in English,spanish,Swedish.Danish or Norwegian Would really make me happy
I don't think anyone still runs this car except perhaps in VTA.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #14343
Tech Apprentice

Default R3

Ok. Thats what i thougt but i hoped that someone had som old info. Its a ok car for an beginner. As far as i can se its bulid like a tank minus the rear diff. Thanks for the answer
Old 08-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #14344
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default baracuda

Quote:
Ok. Thats what i thougt but i hoped that someone had som old info. Its a ok car for an beginner. As far as i can se its bulid like a tank minus the rear diff. Thanks for the answer
there might be something wrong with it. you have to check all the arms are moving freely, the shocks have the same pressure in them, and then you would have to redo camber and tweak again.
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #14345
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Wink

Here's a CUDA setup from back in the day...

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #14346
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks

I have checked that everything moves freely and ive got 12 brand new shocks that i built last week.. I bougt almost 4 cars with alot of parts with everything minus radio and reciver for 120bucks. I sat i it up after the manual a couple a days ago just changed to one grade harder springs in the rear an two in the front and changed the oil from 200R/300r to 300/400 Bc i run a mamba max 5700 with lipos i thought it would be an good idea to stiffen it. I know the weight is lower but its also alot faster. I removed the rear sway bar to bc i havent any swaybars for the rear and my problem is insane overstear and rear feels like its runing with drift tyres when entering the corner. Do you thin these cnages will help? Ive got all the springs they made for this car so im going to try them until ill find the best for this track. Its a medium smooth,open high grip track. They just startet With veteran Tc racing at my local club soo i built a second car from the parts ive got so im going to race in it with my GF Her Name is Alex so sje loves the blue alu battery holdr Lol. I aslo got an E4RS09 with some upgrades and i just sold my T3 to bring a friend of mine back in to this hobbie-Im getting there with my E4 but the level of competition is to heavy for my noobe skills. Im a pretty good offroad driver so i hope ill get the hang of this soon Thanks for the answer dudes. Ill try that setup with a couple of changes if this dosent work. Just waithing for the rain to stop,the local indoor track is very small. Driving a scalpel and rc18t there. Its a couple of dudes that drives TH there but even my rc 18T is faster,thats how small that track is
Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #14347
Tech Champion

follow that setup, and put good new tyres on it.
the right tires are the most important factor in terms of grip.

what surface are you racing on ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
Old 08-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #14348
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I have checked that everything moves freely and ive got 12 brand new shocks that i built last week.. I bougt almost 4 cars with alot of parts with everything minus radio and reciver for 120bucks. I sat i it up after the manual a couple a days ago just changed to one grade harder springs in the rear an two in the front and changed the oil from 200R/300r to 300/400 Bc i run a mamba max 5700 with lipos i thought it would be an good idea to stiffen it. I know the weight is lower but its also alot faster. I removed the rear sway bar to bc i havent any swaybars for the rear and my problem is insane overstear and rear feels like its runing with drift tyres when entering the corner. Do you thin these cnages will help? Ive got all the springs they made for this car so im going to try them until ill find the best for this track. Its a medium smooth,open high grip track. They just startet With veteran Tc racing at my local club soo i built a second car from the parts ive got so im going to race in it with my GF Her Name is Alex so sje loves the blue alu battery holdr Lol. I aslo got an E4RS09 with some upgrades and i just sold my T3 to bring a friend of mine back in to this hobbie-Im getting there with my E4 but the level of competition is to heavy for my noobe skills. Im a pretty good offroad driver so i hope ill get the hang of this soon Thanks for the answer dudes. Ill try that setup with a couple of changes if this dosent work. Just waithing for the rain to stop,the local indoor track is very small. Driving a scalpel and rc18t there. Its a couple of dudes that drives TH there but even my rc 18T is faster,thats how small that track is
you must remove the knuckles and everything else, let the arms fall by themselevs when pushed up, do they do that? if yes, then your arms are fine. not having rear traction is very odd. also reduce your dual rate to about 60 - 65% since you are using one ways. i do that with my car and still able to corner tight, and of course with one ways your brakes need to be very mild. set your drag brake to zero too. and go harder on the front springs, and softer on the rear.
dont forget to balance out the weight and check your tweak with a flat board and a knife.
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #14349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Part number and where to buy replacement parts

I'm looking for part number for front C hubs (uprights) and steering hub (knockles), also any store/place where I can buy them in U.S. preferred.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #14350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Found this chassis brand new for $160.

I wonder if it would be still competitive in 17.5 stock class?
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #14351
Tech Elite

EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #14352
Tech Champion

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post

Yes...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...itively-6.html

Old 08-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #14353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Throwback-Tuesday
Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #14354
Tech Master

I just started racing my Barracuda R2 in VTA and won the first heat the first night out. Last night I came in 3rd behind 2 of the fastest guys at the track. I was only .5 seconds off of the fastest lap. This is after taking 8 years off from racing and I am rusty. The car is definitely still competitive!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #14355
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I LOVED my barracuda cars when I ran them! They were always so dialed everywhere!! And RIP Galore!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote