R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #1411
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

ahahaha, that last pic takes the cake I'll hopefully have my web edition soon enough to send some pics back at ya.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #1412
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

STOP teasing us less fortunate cuda fans
You're EVIL

Dave will probably answer this, do they make the tool set in each of the kit colours? since that one look orange to match the kit.

Can you post those pics showing cuda hubs in lots of different colours again please I want to see what colour options are out there..... dreaming of a left hand cell Herm Edition
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:15 PM   #1413
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

What is the cost of the took lit, expensive?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #1414
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
STOP teasing us less fortunate cuda fans
You're EVIL

Dave will probably answer this, do they make the tool set in each of the kit colours? since that one look orange to match the kit.

Can you post those pics showing cuda hubs in lots of different colours again please I want to see what colour options are out there..... dreaming of a left hand cell Herm Edition
Hermi` the Tools are actually a Read color and thats the way that all ALEX RAcing tool sets come..

now as for the pic`...... these are just some of the colors that can be done by PAL..there is more if you ask them ( in my case..heheheh wait till you see the latest DAVE version )

__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:54 PM   #1415
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Damn I like the colors Is there any way I can buy some hub carriers and castor blocks and have you get the web orange on them, send them at the same time as the hex's and the web PAL?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 09:01 PM   #1416
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Damn I like the colors Is there any way I can buy some hub carriers and castor blocks and have you get the web orange on them, send them at the same time as the hex's and the web PAL?
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 10:41 PM   #1417
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Replied to your PM. I want em
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 01:13 AM   #1418
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Replied to your PM. I want em
just make sure that you get the parts From Speed tech and send them to me to Color change for you... that works best for me and Steve

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 01:29 AM   #1419
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Raced the car for the first time Sat night, acualy its the first time I ran the car at all.

Broke the front upright/knuckle after the first tap of the boards entering the turn too hot, totaly my fault. oops it happend on the 3rd lap during my first and only practice run.

missed first qualifier, second qualifier the car was loose in the rear and pushed in the sweeper.

Third qualifier, I changed rear shock position to soften the rear up made a substantial amount of improvement, so I was happy, finished 5th

Main I did make a minor camber change from 2 deg neg to 3, car was alot better and I was starting to get more comfortable, lap times where improveing and was getting more confident, so I pushed a little harder, then I hit the board and my wheelcame flying off, broke the center out of the middle

day over

car is fun to drive need to do some more testing and driving, tried Red Bull's set up as a base line, but my car is BOX STOCK

Oh yea the person who won the race was driving a Baracuda

Steve: I need more parts
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:52 AM   #1420
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Raced the car for the first time Sat night, acualy its the first time I ran the car at all.

Broke the front upright/knuckle after the first tap of the boards entering the turn too hot, totaly my fault. oops it happend on the 3rd lap during my first and only practice run.

missed first qualifier, second qualifier the car was loose in the rear and pushed in the sweeper.

Third qualifier, I changed rear shock position to soften the rear up made a substantial amount of improvement, so I was happy, finished 5th

Main I did make a minor camber change from 2 deg neg to 3, car was alot better and I was starting to get more comfortable, lap times where improveing and was getting more confident, so I pushed a little harder, then I hit the board and my wheelcame flying off, broke the center out of the middle

day over

car is fun to drive need to do some more testing and driving, tried Red Bull's set up as a base line, but my car is BOX STOCK

Oh yea the person who won the race was driving a Baracuda

Steve: I need more parts
Sounds like some alloy hubs are in order for your driving style anyways looks like you had a fun outing with the Cuda the 1st time out just wait till you get more time under your belt with the car...things will pay off

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:38 AM   #1421
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Thats good to know that the minor changes you made to the car helped to improve it quite a bit. I was able to get my Yokomo SD dialed in to the track by the 4'th battery pack on it, hopefully I will have the same luck with the R2.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:23 PM   #1422
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Thats good to know that the minor changes you made to the car helped to improve it quite a bit. I was able to get my Yokomo SD dialed in to the track by the 4'th battery pack on it, hopefully I will have the same luck with the R2.
You"ll be surprised on the 1st couple of packs

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:55 PM   #1423
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Sounds like some alloy hubs are in order for your driving style anyways looks like you had a fun outing with the Cuda the 1st time out just wait till you get more time under your belt with the car...things will pay off

-Dave
Maybe alloy hubs But I think I will wait, did a little surgery on a BRP bumper for a TC3 did the trick.

The car has lots of steering with 3 deg toe in in the rear. Steve is sending out a new set of rear up rights, I do already have the accentric balls" did I say that "

I did have fun driving the car. Its kind of funny trying a new car on a new track all on the same occasion.
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:56 PM   #1424
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You"ll be surprised on the 1st couple of packs

-Dave
I should be very pleasantly surprized since I'll be using Dave's setup
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:56 PM   #1425
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Thats good to know that the minor changes you made to the car helped to improve it quite a bit. I was able to get my Yokomo SD dialed in to the track by the 4'th battery pack on it, hopefully I will have the same luck with the R2.
the car responded well to changes, but then again I must have went in the right direction
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net