Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 01-08-2005, 10:13 AM
  #13771  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Malta
Posts: 267
Default

As far as I know Hiderou is a Xenon Team Driver. Correct me if I am wrong and Xenon already said that for 2005, they will be using another racing kit, whilst still supporting Alex Racing in other ways

The simple fact that Alex Racing made a Collector's Edition of the R3, make me believe that something new should be on the way soon too

Maybe I am wrong, who knows
dhiracing.com is offline  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:22 PM
  #13772  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by RcMonk
EVO IV is a nice car. I have to wait and see what else is out there. I may go back to Kyosho too...
I'm sure their new car will be pretty damn good once it is out.
wyd is offline  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
  #13773  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Dave I have a little something for you. It was at the hobbyshop today so it will go out Monday for its little plane ride!!!!!!!
wyd is offline  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:35 PM
  #13774  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by wyd
Dave I have a little something for you. It was at the hobbyshop today so it will go out Monday for its little plane ride!!!!!!!
YOu should have some painted lexan knocking at your door any day now..also there is a few nice little EVO4 goodies in there too
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:38 PM
  #13775  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
YOu should have some painted lexan knocking at your door any day now..also there is a few nice little EVO4 goodies in there too
-Dave
Cool. Can't wait.
wyd is offline  
Old 01-08-2005, 08:50 PM
  #13776  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by wyd
Cool. Can't wait.
Like I said ... I hope you like Purple
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 08:15 AM
  #13777  
Tech Regular
 
RcMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philly burbs
Posts: 389
Default

I am hoping for that too. That would put Alex Racing back at the top.

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
As far as I know Hiderou is a Xenon Team Driver. Correct me if I am wrong and Xenon already said that for 2005, they will be using another racing kit, whilst still supporting Alex Racing in other ways

The simple fact that Alex Racing made a Collector's Edition of the R3, make me believe that something new should be on the way soon too

Maybe I am wrong, who knows
RcMonk is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 09:04 AM
  #13778  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Like I said ... I hope you like Purple
-Dave
Why yes I do, just not Trinity purple though!!!!! Had to throw that in their.
wyd is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 10:01 AM
  #13779  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
utieh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: paris
Posts: 955
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
As far as I know Hiderou is a Xenon Team Driver. Correct me if I am wrong and Xenon already said that for 2005, they will be using another racing kit, whilst still supporting Alex Racing in other ways

The simple fact that Alex Racing made a Collector's Edition of the R3, make me believe that something new should be on the way soon too

Maybe I am wrong, who knows
Is there any chance the Xenon drivers use the Team Much More prototype??
utieh is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 10:15 AM
  #13780  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Malta
Posts: 267
Default

Even I was waiting to hear more about Team Much More's prototype kit, however I think they are using Tech kits at the moment
dhiracing.com is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 04:00 PM
  #13781  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
AZ_Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys... couple of questions...

Will the R2 compete with TC4, Mission2, etc?
What differences are there between the R2 and R3?

I'm considering buying an R2 package listed here on rctech...
two R2's and a buttload of spare's and tires...

Will the R2 be competitive?
Should I look at an R3, or ???
I've been racing for about 17 years now and have only raced TC's a couple of times... my driving is mediocre due to not having raced in awhile, but I'm planning on really putting a lot of focus on it now...

Thanks!!!

R
AZ_Ron is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 04:07 PM
  #13782  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Yes it can compete with any of the top cars. Like most it is total setup that will either make you or break you. Depending on the deal (not sure which one you are looking at) but it might be my old ones and if so they are a ton of parts and all the trick stuff.
wyd is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 07:11 PM
  #13783  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AZ_Ron
Hey guys... couple of questions...

Will the R2 compete with TC4, Mission2, etc?
What differences are there between the R2 and R3?

I'm considering buying an R2 package listed here on rctech...
two R2's and a buttload of spare's and tires...

Will the R2 be competitive?
Should I look at an R3, or ???
I've been racing for about 17 years now and have only raced TC's a couple of times... my driving is mediocre due to not having raced in awhile, but I'm planning on really putting a lot of focus on it now...

Thanks!!!

R
The R2 is a very good car.. and it can perform at the level of any car that is out there now....... a little TLC and the car can be perfect
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 07:16 PM
  #13784  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
AZ_Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Well, I'm working as quick as I can... I'm working on selling my mill, and as soon as I do, if he still has the package for sale, I'm going to buy it... and wanted to know the current opinions...
What are the differences between the r2 and r3?

Thanks guys... Damn I love these forums!!

R
AZ_Ron is offline  
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 PM
  #13785  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by AZ_Ron
Well, I'm working as quick as I can... I'm working on selling my mill, and as soon as I do, if he still has the package for sale, I'm going to buy it... and wanted to know the current opinions...
What are the differences between the r2 and r3?

Thanks guys... Damn I love these forums!!

R
Tha main differance is the drivetrain. The R2 setup is like a stock Tamiya Surikan when the drive shaft goes direct into the idler gear. The R3 setup the drivetrainis like a TC3 with a driveshaft going into outdrive cups.

Now that R2 he has could be setup wither way since it has the Xenon kit I would think it is setup like the TC3 but when he built the 2nd car he might of used the stock setup.
wyd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.