Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

You're on Page 913 of 959
Go to
  • Here are the pics of the diff outdrives. Sorry, that it took so much time but I had too much to do.

• And here is my new damper stay. It is 10mm wider then the stock one. I can use the outest holes now.
    This stay is handmade but I will make a new one on a CNC next year.

• Another picture...

• Those outdrives look nice. Good job on them.

Quote:
    Originally posted by speedy-932
    Here are the pics of the diff outdrives. Sorry, that it took so much time but I had too much to do.
  • Thanks. Unfortunately the pics are not so good. I will try to anodize them. Either red or silver.
  • Is someone selling those outdrives or it was just made one-off?
  • I wouldn't mind having a set!
  • I have made the outdrives just for myself. And now I will make 2 pairs for a guy who asked me for them. Thatīs no problem because the programm for the CNC still exists.
  • Hmmm....If its not too much trouble I would like a few sets. These would be awesome on my front diffs. I think you might be onto something here speedy-932. btw, are these made of alum ?

Quote:
    I have made the outdrives just for myself. And now I will make 2 pairs for a guy who asked me for them. Thatīs no problem because the programm for the CNC still exists.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by pumpkinfish
    I wouldn't mind having a set!
    Same here.. looks interesting....

I wonder what grade of alloy is being used... 7075 T6 would be very nice....5051 would also work..but I think that the 7 series alloy would be the best
    -Dave
  • Quote:
    I have made the outdrives just for myself. And now I will make 2 pairs for a guy who asked me for them. Thatīs no problem because the programm for the CNC still exists.
    Looks like you could sell a few pairs for the Cuda. I think almost everyone with a Cuda would like a set of those outdrives.
  • I could make some outdrives but first I had to talk to the guy who made them for me. The more outdrives he makes the cheaper it will be for one.
    I canīt tell you how much it will cost now. Iīve to pay the material and the hours on the machine.

Edit: My two prototypes work very well. Just one problem: I canīt use the old diff washers. I made 60 diff washers out of a great material. My first pair work for around 40 runs. And the diff runs still smooth.
  • Here are new pics in better quality:

• Quote:
    Here are new pics in better quality:
    It looks like it is holding up pretty well after 40 runs too
    -Dave
  • Hey Dave, How hard would it be to fit R2/3 swaybars on the MS, are they at all close to fitting?