R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2004, 01:31 PM   #13561
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Orange was only done as a one off for the Web Special R2's
Pink, Red, Blue, Purple and now Black are available from Alex for the R3 although there are other colours.....just ask Dave

Any news from your end Dave???

Some developments this end...will let you know when I have all the info together
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:54 PM   #13562
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
Orange was only done as a one off for the Web Special R2's
Pink, Red, Blue, Purple and now Black are available from Alex for the R3 although there are other colours.....just ask Dave

Any news from your end Dave???

Some developments this end...will let you know when I have all the info together
And Satin Silver was also a Color that was done By PAL back in 2002 ...

Any news.... ummm yes and no.... I post what I have here later tonight my time
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #13563
Tech Elite
 
schmelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,294
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Well im now the proud owner of a red R3 just wondering what are some of the more common breakable parts i should pick for spares like steering rack? any help thanks
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:49 PM   #13564
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by schmelme
Well im now the proud owner of a red R3 just wondering what are some of the more common breakable parts i should pick for spares like steering rack? any help thanks
Do your self a favor and Buy a PAL Alloy steering rack.. it has "WAY MORE" Steering throw ...
as for parts that break..... steering knuckles and a few spare sus arms.. the normal stuff on any TC
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:49 AM   #13565
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Do your self a favor and Buy a PAL Alloy steering rack.. it has "WAY MORE" Steering throw ...
as for parts that break..... steering knuckles and a few spare sus arms.. the normal stuff on any TC
-Dave
For some odd reason, Front towers seems to break in our part of the world.. Might be the driving style

Other parts broken so far is:
Front & Rear hubs
Steering Knuckles
One-way gear and bevel gear if you don't run alloy shaft holders

Thats it
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:14 AM   #13566
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
For some odd reason, Front towers seems to break in our part of the world.. Might be the driving style

Other parts broken so far is:
Front & Rear hubs
Steering Knuckles
One-way gear and bevel gear if you don't run alloy shaft holders

Thats it

If you are breaking the front towers..you should try two of them I highly doubt you will break one them



BTW did you get the Brown Box yet

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #13567
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
If you are breaking the front towers..you should try two of them I highly doubt you will break one them



BTW did you get the Brown Box yet

-Dave
Trying hard to get it out of customs ..
Have tried to be nice, now I'm screaming and asking for everyone's supperior until someone gives me my box !!

But atleast I know where it is right now
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:21 AM   #13568
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
Trying hard to get it out of customs ..
Have tried to be nice, now I'm screaming and asking for everyone's supperior until someone gives me my box !!

But atleast I know where it is right now
?? ... Man I hope thy don`t think that there is something else inside that box besides 5 bodies .. I hope they are OK... ..

BTW did they say why they were holding it..??
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:23 AM   #13569
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
?? ... Man I hope thy don`t think that there is something else inside that box besides 5 bodies .. I hope they are OK... ..

BTW did they say why they were holding it..??
-Dave
Yep .. NO SHIPPING INVOICE !!
I told them that its a return from a friend, but they still want an invoice...
I send them one last friday and hope to see the box tomorrow.
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:32 AM   #13570
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
Yep .. NO SHIPPING INVOICE !!
I told them that its a return from a friend, but they still want an invoice...
I send them one last friday and hope to see the box tomorrow.

A Shipping Invoice..???!!! Why.?? I hope you tell these A$$ Clowns that they need to read the customs form that I filled out ...thats Says it`s a gift...hence the term I painted the bodies for free (not really but you get the idea )..

Should I use a different shipping address next time..??? I think that that might be best

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:11 AM   #13571
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Funny how Customs worries about little things instead of catching the important stuff!!!!!! Must have a bunch of 5 year olds working their.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #13572
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Funny how Customs worries about little things instead of catching the important stuff!!!!!! Must have a bunch of 5 year olds working their.
It happens sometimes when I send stuff from the Japanese post office..because they are worried about the Country of Origin (of the parts that is)

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 PM   #13573
Tech Master
 
berger's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 1,149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Funny how Customs worries about little things instead of catching the important stuff!!!!!! Must have a bunch of 5 year olds working their.
Bet they have the envelope ive sent to Dave, coming up for a week now so it should be with you any day!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:20 PM   #13574
Tech Master
 
Speed Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ROCK GARDEN
Posts: 1,053
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

there are two dept in the customs offices...

1. Custom Department

2. Confiscating Department

so... you is with one of them... which one???
__________________
CUSTOM CRAWLER & ROCK STACKER
Speed Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:36 PM   #13575
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed Demon
there are two dept in the customs offices...

1. Custom Department

2. Confiscating Department

so... you is with one of them... which one???
Lets just hope it's the first one
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net