R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2004, 09:30 PM   #13441
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: ZS-501R Differential Outdrive Ring

Quote:
Originally posted by COLEKO
Ok I just got mine in the mail today from yokomo. They are still in the package but I was wondering on how they stay on the diff. I noticed the holes on them and is that for glue or somthing or will they stay on them without using anything?
A little Shoo Goo or super glue...should work just fine
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #13442
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default Re: ZS-501R Differential Outdrive Ring

Quote:
Originally posted by COLEKO
Ok I just got mine in the mail today from yokomo. They are still in the package but I was wondering on how they stay on the diff. I noticed the holes on them and is that for glue or somthing or will they stay on them without using anything?
They press on pretty tight so I don't do anything to keep them on. Just slide them on and your ready. If they are loose use a small dab of shoe goo to hold them on.

They will fit tight!!!!!!!
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:35 PM   #13443
Tech Addict
 
pumpkinfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Schwenksville, PA
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have the Yokomo MR-4BC Super Dogfighter 2 Special and it came with them. The directions said to apply a small amount of CA into the hole when it is lined up on the diff.

The only downside is when I have had a hard hit and the arm broke, I always pulled them off and had to look for them in the dirt!!! Yokomo never had a number on the website for replacements until recently. I thought they might have been cheaper given the size.

Check out this link for the directions from Yokomo's website, see page 3.

http://www.yokomousa.com/manuals/mrb...lement_eng.pdf
__________________
Yokomo YZ-2, B-Max4 III
Kyosho RT6
Losi 22b, XX4 Worlds
Associated SC10.2, RC10B2, RC10T2, RC10
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #13444
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pumpkinfish


Check out this link for the directions from Yokomo's website, see page 3.

http://www.yokomousa.com/manuals/mrb...lement_eng.pdf
Thanks for the link...
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #13445
Tech Adept
 
COLEKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: La Mirada
Posts: 206
Send a message via AIM to COLEKO
Default

Thanks guys! Ill see how tight of a fit they are if anything shoegoo well be used
__________________
The Flying Hawaiian

Team TAOB 2004
COLEKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:06 AM   #13446
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: R3 High Grip set up(no sway bars)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Here ya go Poop

Rear
Rear Diff med~tight

-Dave
Hi Dave,
i tried your setup today and i must say that the cornering speed is FAST!!! turns in nice and holds the line relatively well (with a slight push mid and exit on power) off power steering is excellent and really responsive.
I do have a question though, when you say med-tight diff, approximately how many turns out from fully tightened? initially i was 1/8th out but the rear end was too tail happy...right now i'm at approximately 5/8 of a turn out from full tight and it tamed the rear end by a lot but to tame it totally, it will bleed too much power away and loose corner speed. is there another way to tame the sliding rear end? there is this bastard of a corner where i race where at the end of the main straight there's this tight little chicane leading into a 180 degree hair pin where my car really, really hates and this is where i'm mainly having problems. it doesnt like high speed off power direction changes. A lot of other cars are having trouble with this corner too but i just want to show them how good this car is (to prove that this car "works") that's why i really want it to handle well and pass them on that particular corner
any insight would be tried and appreciated
cheers mate.
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:13 AM   #13447
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: R3 High Grip set up(no sway bars)

Quote:
Originally posted by poop
Hi Dave,
i tried your setup today and i must say that the cornering speed is FAST!!! turns in nice and holds the line relatively well (with a slight push mid and exit on power) off power steering is excellent and really responsive.
I do have a question though, when you say med-tight diff, approximately how many turns out from fully tightened? initially i was 1/8th out but the rear end was too tail happy...right now i'm at approximately 5/8 of a turn out from full tight and it tamed the rear end by a lot but to tame it totally, it will bleed too much power away and loose corner speed. is there another way to tame the sliding rear end? there is this bastard of a corner where i race where at the end of the main straight there's this tight little chicane leading into a 180 degree hair pin where my car really, really hates and this is where i'm mainly having problems. it doesnt like high speed off power direction changes. A lot of other cars are having trouble with this corner too but i just want to show them how good this car is (to prove that this car "works") that's why i really want it to handle well and pass them on that particular corner
any insight would be tried and appreciated
cheers mate.

Great News.. Glad that I was able to help you get started...... now for the fun part... fine tweeking the set up to work better for you..
so you need a bit more mid to exit on power steering....hmmm... Here is what you should try out..
#1) put a .5mm shim under the rear arm rear sus-arm balls.(anti-squat)
or
#2) put a .5mm shim under the front balls on the front sus-arms(more caster)
or
#3) move the front shock lower mount position to the out most hole on the a-arm or 70%


try any of these and it should fix your mid to exit on power push

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:21 AM   #13448
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up OH yea

On the diff.. tighten it untill the diff doesn`t slip and then 1/4 turn on the diff screw to tighten it up just a tad
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:58 AM   #13449
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Dave can you move back to Maryland and help me setup my Cuda's!!!!!!
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:01 AM   #13450
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

I'm getting my R3 Xenon Cuda ready for this weekend. I will put the servo in tonight and then wait for my new radio to arrive today or Thursday to finish it up. Still need to sweep the front a arms yet so I can get all the steering!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #13451
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Dave can you move back to Maryland and help me setup my Cuda's!!!!!!
You have got to be kidding...j/k... but I can come back once a year to MD..
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #13452
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You have got to be kidding...j/k... but I can come back once a year to MD..
-Dave
Ever consideret visiting Denmark ?
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #13453
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: OH yea

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
On the diff.. tighten it untill the diff doesn`t slip and then 1/4 turn on the diff screw to tighten it up just a tad
-Dave
Dave, champion mate! thanks for all your help!
will give this a try later today
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #13454
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: OH yea

Quote:
Originally posted by poop
Dave, champion mate! thanks for all your help!
will give this a try later today
Let us know how it turns out for ya`
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:27 PM   #13455
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You have got to be kidding...j/k... but I can come back once a year to MD..
-Dave
Man you must really like it over their. Well I can see why as the R/C stuff hits Japan first anyways and you can get all the cool stuff!!!!!!!! Can't blame you at all.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net