R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2004, 03:15 AM   #13261
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashmaster
The rest of my setup:

Front:
60Wt oil
2 no. pistons
-1.5 camber
1.4x6 springs
Shocks on outer most hole, inner hole on bottom

Rear:
40Wt oil
2 no. pistons
-1.5 camber
1.4x6 springs
Shocks one whole down, outer most on the bottom

Cheers
Dan
if u are running on asphalt, u should use lighter oil in front.
u will get more steering.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:16 AM   #13262
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
Hi Dan,

Your right about the dampers .. if you lay down the rear a little more you get more steering.
When do you need more steering ? Going in/out or mid corner og all the way around ?

Claus -
Thanks for the reply stjerno
Its mostly getting the front end into the corner where I'm struggling. Originally I thought that when you dropped the front shcoks down it would give more steering (effectively softening the springs I believe), but obviously I was proved wrong

Cheers
Dan
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:16 AM   #13263
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
if u are running on asphalt, u should use lighter oil in front.
u will get more steering.
Quick question TC3, are you still running the Triox??

Cheers
Dan
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:19 AM   #13264
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashmaster
Thanks for the reply stjerno
Its mostly getting the front end into the corner where I'm struggling. Originally I thought that when you dropped the front shcoks down it would give more steering (effectively softening the springs I believe), but obviously I was proved wrong

Cheers
Dan
Going in you also migt want to go 0,5mm lower rideheight in front than in the rear, this will move the weight to the front of the car and give more steering.
Don't know the caster blocks on the Triox but you should try the 3 deg blocks in front and maybe the 3 deg rear toe hubs to as they will give less gripp in the rear = more front grip

And as TC3 writes .. lighter oil in front.
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:40 AM   #13265
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
Going in you also migt want to go 0,5mm lower rideheight in front than in the rear, this will move the weight to the front of the car and give more steering.
Don't know the caster blocks on the Triox but you should try the 3 deg blocks in front and maybe the 3 deg rear toe hubs to as they will give less gripp in the rear = more front grip

And as TC3 writes .. lighter oil in front.
Cheers stjerno, I'll give that ago on Sunday I wonder how much I'll damage on the carpet

Cheers

Dan
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 04:00 AM   #13266
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashmaster
Cheers stjerno, I'll give that ago on Sunday I wonder how much I'll damage on the carpet

Cheers

Dan
Some good advice for indoore racing .. if your track has wooden rails around the track .. DON'T use the hards hubs ect.. go with the plastic stuff .. This is what I call experience
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 04:24 AM   #13267
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
Some good advice for indoore racing .. if your track has wooden rails around the track .. DON'T use the hards hubs ect.. go with the plastic stuff .. This is what I call experience
I'll keep that in mind

Pic of my car attached, hope its still in one piece after the weekend.....

Cheers
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106-0676_img.jpg (187.0 KB, 134 views)
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:38 AM   #13268
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashmaster
Quick question TC3, are you still running the Triox??

Cheers
Dan
yes !
the car is getting faster every weekend
now i have to find a good carpet setup..
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #13269
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,799
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yutaka Takizawa
Ryota Takahashi
Hideo Kitazawa
Thanks Dave
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #13270
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
yes !
the car is getting faster every weekend
now i have to find a good carpet setup..
Same here mate. Are you running rubbers or foams??

Cheers
Dan
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:47 AM   #13271
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Anyone have more pics of the Cuda's running at the Worlds!!!! Tires of seeing the same old cars getting in the pics. They do have a nice one of the Cuda with the body on going around the track.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:12 PM   #13272
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,799
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

this is one pic of the Cuda with the body on going around the track
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:21 PM   #13273
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Anyone have more pics of the Cuda's running at the Worlds!!!!
I would have though the Cuda to do a bit better than it did in Qualifing.... .. Oh well.... it seems like Some of the Alex/Xenon Drivers were going back and forth between the R3 and R2 Xenon maybe better luck 2 years from now??
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 10-29-2004 at 11:45 PM.
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:26 PM   #13274
Tech Master
 
forty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,922
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Anyone have more pics of the Cuda's running at the Worlds!!!! Tires of seeing the same old cars getting in the pics. They do have a nice one of the Cuda with the body on going around the track.

http://www.fseara.org/gallery/album53/kitazawa?full=1
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 05:45 AM   #13275
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,818
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

like hell thats their actually car...its only just been built hasn't even been run (no dirt or anything on it) and they would most likely have the new hubs on wouldn't they
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net