Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 10-27-2004, 03:21 AM
  #13231  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Barracuda R4

Originally posted by utieh
that's almost what I wanted to hear
Thanks.

Gilles
OK I just found out the deal with the Xenon Belt conversion... ... The design has been finished by "PAL"... but there was no time to get a couple of prototypes built up before the worlds.. So Xenon has dropped the Belt Barracuda ...Sorry for the bad news guys...
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 03:50 AM
  #13232  
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Barracuda R4

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OK I just found out the deal with the Xenon Belt conversion... ... The design has been finished by "PAL"... but there was no time to get a couple of prototypes built up before the worlds.. So Xenon has dropped the Belt Barracuda ...Sorry for the bad news guys...
-Dave
Not your fault .. but we'll expect more accurate info from you in the future .. JK

So PAL is talking up the design .. then we could expect a Belt conversion ?
stjerno is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 03:58 AM
  #13233  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barracuda R4

Originally posted by stjerno
Not your fault .. but we'll expect more accurate info from you in the future .. JK

So PAL is talking up the design .. then we could expect a Belt conversion ?
Umm OK

Anyways PAL has always been behind "ALL" Xenons conversion hits and they will not produce any belt conversions... the R4 seems to be right around the corner..?? ....who knows..
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 05:11 AM
  #13234  
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barracuda R4

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
the R4 seems to be right around the corner..?? ....who knows..
-Dave
what car will be used at the worlds than?
i hope we will see some pics of Hideo Kitazawa's car !!
TC3 is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 05:59 AM
  #13235  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Oh damn that means I will be buying another Cuda R4 down the road. Hope when they make it that alot of my R2 and R3 stuff fits as I have a ton of stuff for the Cuda's.

I would think the R4 would have the new Alex racing low profile hubs and a maybe a few other minor changes like the steering rack!!!

Brian
wyd is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 06:50 AM
  #13236  
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

the more i look at the belt conversion, the more it reminds me of the Yok MR4TC SP gen. It wasn't a pleasant memory
IF there is an R4, hope it stays shaft.
GTO2 is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 07:21 AM
  #13237  
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Originally posted by wyd
Oh damn that means I will be buying another Cuda R4 down the road. Hope when they make it that alot of my R2 and R3 stuff fits as I have a ton of stuff for the Cuda's.

I would think the R4 would have the new Alex racing low profile hubs and a maybe a few other minor changes like the steering rack!!!

Brian
All you describe looks like the R3S ..
I would like to see something like more steering throw and maybe both up'n down stops -

Anyway it comes out I'm proberly going to get me the R4 when it comes out and right now I can't figure out if I "need" a black R3S
stjerno is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 07:46 AM
  #13238  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Yes more steering throw is a must have!!!!!!!!!! and also the ability to run 28mm wide tires would also be nice so I can run foam tires easily!!!!!!!! I would also want it to be shaft drive as well. I think the R3 setup of the shaft drive is very free and super smooth so I would want that to stay as well. I'm also a fan of the way the A arms are mounted to the chassis thru the pillow balls and uses no hinge pins.
wyd is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 02:33 PM
  #13239  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barracuda R4

Originally posted by TC3
what car will be used at the worlds than?
i hope we will see some pics of Hideo Kitazawa's car !!
All of the ALEX/Xenon Drivers will be using the R3...... but modified a little bit
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 10-27-2004, 03:27 PM
  #13240  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

I hope we get some pics of their cars and close ups at that!!!!! The more pics the better. I'm tires of always seeing the same damn cars in the mags all the time.
wyd is offline  
Old 10-28-2004, 10:40 AM
  #13241  
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Hi guys,

Been out running my TrioX today (been too long ), and I was messing around with the setup. I was playing around trying to dial out the understeer, and I found that by standing up the front shocks more, I got more steering. Is this normal?????
Would this mean that if I drop the rear shcoks down, I would get more steering, b/c I still get abit of understeer which is hampering me abit.

Thanks for the help guys

Dan
Crashmaster is offline  
Old 10-28-2004, 11:36 AM
  #13242  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

id definitely come back to my barracuda roots if they got rid of the steering rack. i liked the steering on the R2 much better.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 10-28-2004, 12:46 PM
  #13243  
Tech Regular
 
Crashmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lincs, England
Posts: 363
Default

Originally posted by Crashmaster
Hi guys,

Been out running my TrioX today (been too long ), and I was messing around with the setup. I was playing around trying to dial out the understeer, and I found that by standing up the front shocks more, I got more steering. Is this normal?????
Would this mean that if I drop the rear shcoks down, I would get more steering, b/c I still get abit of understeer which is hampering me abit.

Thanks for the help guys

Dan
The rest of my setup:

Front:
60Wt oil
2 no. pistons
-1.5 camber
1.4x6 springs
Shocks on outer most hole, inner hole on bottom

Rear:
40Wt oil
2 no. pistons
-1.5 camber
1.4x6 springs
Shocks one whole down, outer most on the bottom

Cheers
Dan
Crashmaster is offline  
Old 10-28-2004, 01:33 PM
  #13244  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,668
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barracuda R4

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
All of the ALEX/Xenon Drivers will be using the R3...... but modified a little bit
modified what
OVA is offline  
Old 10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
  #13245  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,668
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Crashmaster
The rest of my setup:

Front:
60Wt oil
2 no. pistons
-1.5 camber
1.4x6 springs
Shocks on outer most hole, inner hole on bottom

Rear:
40Wt oil
2 no. pistons
-1.5 camber
1.4x6 springs
Shocks one whole down, outer most on the bottom

Cheers
Dan
this set up for carpet?
OVA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.