R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #13096
Tech Regular

Hi, i was wondering what is the difference between the r3 and r3s barracuda cars or is it just a marketing kind of scam, just wondering as i'm looking to sell 2 of the cars in my signature for a new car soon

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #13097
Tech Addict

hi vi3 i have an mi2 and a barracuda i find the drivetrain on the mi to be quite fragile , i have broken 5 or 6 belts and 10 or so driveshatfs in it and 1 outdrive within 2 months of buying the car whereas all i have broken on my cuba is a few plastic parts with 8 months racing it

Chaz the r3s as far as im aware has a black chassis and thats about it over a standard r3
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #13098
Tech Regular

Thank you John_S

Chazz
Old 10-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #13099
Tech Regular

Also are the srew types in mm sizes or in american sizes and also what measurements do i need and also for the wheel nuts and shock nuts

Chazz
Old 10-16-2004, 01:12 PM   #13100
Tech Addict

i cant quite remember but watever the mi2 is for all of them it is the same cuz i have put some mi2 screws in the cuda cuz the cuda screws arew crappy pozi drive stuff and all my screwdrivers aint to good
Old 10-16-2004, 01:52 PM   #13101
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

Thx john, so you like the R3 more? And I heard they come in blue, red, pink, purple I can only find red and blue at speedtechrc. (i'd like pink lol) Yeah.... The shaft, you dont need to matinence it, except for diffs, but then again, i've never used a belt, my cousins got a 4-tec and its ok... I guess i'm just interetested to see how belt is compared to shaft. Me, looking at belt cars, it seems as if they got more power to it. Anyway thanks again. I"m pretty sure i'll buy the R3, but, i'm not sure yet.. Theres still the TRF415. I guess the Mi2 isnt so good thanks! Please if you got more stuff on the car please post.
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:33 PM   #13102
Tech Addict

if ya want a pinky from steve i think he has to special order it cuz its a not so common colour in anodizing and dont get me wrong the mi2 is a grate car its jsut that iv had a lot of breakages with it
Old 10-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #13103
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
R3S all the way they are not as similar as you'd think and the Triox in my opinion is quiet a way behind the R3.

Better still get an R3 from speedtech and save your self some pennies ...

Oh if your going to be using it with foams you NEED the PAL hubs or the new Alex ones if you can get hold of them ..........

If i can help further just ask and since ur uk if you want a chat by phone on the car just pm me and i'll give you a phone number for me
Mmmm! Trio-x cant be that far behind seen as i know a couple of the team dricers over here are runing the Trio steering rack on there R3s and also prefer our front tower
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #13104
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

John, do you like R3 or Mi2 better? And If i were to get an R3, any parts I should get to make the car better?
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:19 PM   #13105
Tech Addict

i like the r3 beter and for a stock r2 the only thing i wud get is a speedway pal steering rack for hopups and possibly aluminium shaft holders if runing mod
Old 10-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #13106
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Simpson
Mmmm! Trio-x cant be that far behind seen as i know a couple of the team dricers over here are runing the Trio steering rack on there R3s and also prefer our front tower
As far as i'm aware the R3 and R2 steering aren't interchangeable without redrilling the chassis ?!?!

I SEE YOUR SPONSORED BY TRIOX or at least it's pointing that way in your sig.

and i wasn't dissing them, it's just that i don't think that there car is as good as an R3 is.......

i might be wrong but that's MY OPINION
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:32 PM   #13107
Tech Regular

As far as I know, Triox version is simply the old R2 but with a slightly different chassis that accommodates the motor on opposite side. I would go for a Xenon, Speedway Pal Conversion or simply an R3 if you want the latest thing (in my opinion too)
dhiracing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:51 AM   #13108
Tech Master

The Triox has the "old" centre drive shaft arrangement as standard though. and although i have no experience with it i'm told it's not nearly as good as the newer R3 version or the Xenon so there's another up-grade needed on a new car
Old 10-17-2004, 02:29 AM   #13109
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
The Triox has the "old" centre drive shaft arrangement as standard though. and although i have no experience with it i'm told it's not nearly as good as the newer R3 version or the Xenon so there's another up-grade needed on a new car
Personally i think when you replace the stock plastic holders on the Trio i think the drivetrain is awsome! The drivetrain goes from gear to gear and isnt made up of three peices like the R3.Having driven both of the cars i found that the Trio/R2 to be more responsive than the R3.
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:39 AM   #13110
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Simpson
Personally i think when you replace the stock plastic holders on the Trio i think the drivetrain is awsome! The drivetrain goes from gear to gear and isnt made up of three peices like the R3.Having driven both of the cars i found that the Trio/R2 to be more responsive than the R3.
Could you elaborate on "responsive" for me ??

As i can't understand how the way the centre shaft is made up can alter the "responsiveness" of the car. As with the triox there is just one shaft and with the R3 it is made up of sections but i cannot find any give or "twist" in it so i would think they would respond very similarly.

1 other point the shorter the sections are, the less "twist" you get under accelaration. So in theory the R3 would have to be more responsive because that centre shaft is shorter and therefore would require a greater inertia to Twist it under accelaration.

I really think there is very little difference in the cars, i'd just lean towards buying the latest version of anything i was going to buy new