R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #12466
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D


A year seems such a long time ago when DB won there
Sure does, feels almost like two years

Nothing happening here, very bored, anyone want to spark up some conversation?
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #12467
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
....Nothing happening here, very bored, anyone want to spark up some conversation? ....
what's the difference between the R2 and R3??
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #12468
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
Woh on page 2 again!!! It sure is quiet round here

Does anyone know if there were any Cudas at the US KO GP last weekend and if so where did they finish?????

A year seems such a long time ago when DB won there

DB has been on R/C vaccation for some time now...from what I heard he gave his Cuda Back to Steve at Speedtech ... But he still has his Web Special
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #12469
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England (UK)
Posts: 440
Default

The name

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:20 PM   #12470
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
what's the difference between the R2 and R3??
about 0.0001 seconds per lap
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:20 PM   #12471
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Sure does, feels almost like two years

Nothing happening here, very bored, anyone want to spark up some conversation?

Conversation...???.. OK... I found out some really Sh!tty news yesterday from PAL... they are no longer going to make the Drop down mounts and Small C-hubs.?? !!WTF .... along with this even ALEX Japan asked them if they could make more... and they said no...??? But I think that ...."IF" the R4 ever comes out it might have a similar style hub... ... Yet to be seen yet.?
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:34 PM   #12472
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Excel, Square, now Speedway Pal, whats going on over there Dave Maybe they will all come flooding back when the Cuda wins the worlds Or Tamiya doesnt figure at all
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #12473
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Conversation...???.. OK... I found out some really Sh!tty news yesterday from PAL... they are no longer going to make the Drop down mounts and Small C-hubs.?? !!WTF .... along with this even ALEX Japan asked them if they could make more... and they said no...??? But I think that ...."IF" the R4 ever comes out it might have a similar style hub... ... Yet to be seen yet.?
-Dave

Why on earth would they stop completely?
It seems most people are ending up with their hubs, even I'd get some to replace my Xenon ones if I had the money at the moment. Would like to be able to run wide foams.

Hopefully the R4 will have similar style hubs then, it may have to be my next car, when it eventualy arrives
It can't be as ugly as the TC4 I've been tempted by the look of a lot of new cars as they've been released but the TC4 is tempting me at all, the TC3 never did either....
Why has the TC3 won so many races? because so many sheep drive the darn things although in Scotland it didn't seem to be the case, Pro 2's used to win everything a few years ago, again everyone in Scotland drove them it seems
Maybe in a few years the R4 will win everything.....

....nah don't see enough people buying them
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #12474
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
Excel, Square, now Speedway Pal, whats going on over there Dave Maybe they will all come flooding back when the Cuda wins the worlds Or Tamiya doesnt figure at all
Not for sure... but I know you still can get the EXCEL ones...(same as PAL"s) but there drop down mount is different ..

as far as worlds.... Alex/Xenon Racing Has 2~3 really good drivers that are fully capable of placing in the top 10... .. but we will see...pressure is a B!tch ... Look to see a lot of prototype stuff from Alex in the next few months if we are lucky
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:44 PM   #12475
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator

Why on earth would they stop completely?
It seems most people are ending up with their hubs, even I'd get some to replace my Xenon ones if I had the money at the moment. Would like to be able to run wide foams.

Hopefully the R4 will have similar style hubs then, it may have to be my next car, when it eventualy arrives
It can't be as ugly as the TC4 I've been tempted by the look of a lot of new cars as they've been released but the TC4 is tempting me at all, the TC3 never did either....
Why has the TC3 won so many races? because so many sheep drive the darn things although in Scotland it didn't seem to be the case, Pro 2's used to win everything a few years ago, again everyone in Scotland drove them it seems
Maybe in a few years the R4 will win everything.....

....nah don't see enough people buying them

The only color that PAL has left in stock is Satin Silver.. Better get them quick though
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:48 PM   #12476
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The only color that PAL has left in stock is Satin Silver.. Better get them quick though
-Dave

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
thats just my luck
ahwell, 26mm foams will have to do...
thats if I ever get into going to Teeside regularly
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #12477
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

May get to see some more development stuff this weekend.....if I am lucky. If I am really lucky they might let me try some things out

Dave, does the diff nut from a Tamiya or Yokomo fit in a Cuda diff??????
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:10 PM   #12478
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
May get to see some more development stuff this weekend.....if I am lucky. If I am really lucky they might let me try some things out

Dave, does the diff nut from a Tamiya or Yokomo fit in a Cuda diff??????
Try the Yoke one..not 100% sure on it though... but most of the Yoko stuff swaps over to the Cuda's
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #12479
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
thats just my luck
ahwell, 26mm foams will have to do...
thats if I ever get into going to Teeside regularly
You could always have them color changed
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽµ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:45 PM   #12480
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Haven't checked in here in awhile (but believe me I read this thread every day ) Looks like everything is good with Dave in charge of everything here

I spoke with the owner of Xenon awhile back about what they are producing for the Alex Car, he is being tight lip about it right now, but he did mention they are trying to release a conversion kit that will allow for the use of suspension components from other cars (for example, light weight suspension kit from Tamiya) We'll see if it actually make it to production after the IFMAR Worlds.

Next shipment of Alex Racing parts should be aboue 1-2 weeks away

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<

Last edited by SpeedTech; 09-01-2004 at 09:18 PM.
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net