R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #12316
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

Good job & good luck on your race! Keep us posted.
__________________
driftercentral.com
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #12317
Tech Master
 
Speed Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ROCK GARDEN
Posts: 1,053
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

my R2 ran noisy with 64pitch 98 tooth Xenon spurs... what brand you guys reccomend to get the R2 ran in reasonably silent mode?? How about PRS spurs??? are they good??
__________________
CUSTOM CRAWLER & ROCK STACKER
Speed Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #12318
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Cool deal Dave....Which of your fleet of cars did you run there?

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:19 PM   #12319
Tech Master
 
Speed Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ROCK GARDEN
Posts: 1,053
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: A few new ones

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hey Guys I have made up a few new paint jobs..kind of quicky jobs..let me know what you think
-Dave
Dave,

That paint job is awesome.... I wish I have the patience to paint like that too

BTW, what car you drove at Yatabe??
__________________
CUSTOM CRAWLER & ROCK STACKER
Speed Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:08 AM   #12320
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Cool deal Dave....Which of your fleet of cars did you run there?

EA

I Ran my R2 PAL A-Spec Silver Cuda... I wanted to run the R3...but there are somethings at this time that re keeping me from doing that at this time that are out of my control
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:09 AM   #12321
Tech Master
 
Speed Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ROCK GARDEN
Posts: 1,053
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 6.8mm offset ball

is the 6.8mm offset ball comes in pcs per packet?? If yes, is all is offset??

I was thinking to use 2 for the rear and 2 for the front, therefore, I can adjust the front & rear arm angle... In the Pro 4, we can do this by changing the suspension block..

I wonder if this is possible and what you guys think??

cheers...
__________________
CUSTOM CRAWLER & ROCK STACKER
Speed Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:45 AM   #12322
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: 6.8mm offset ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed Demon
is the 6.8mm offset ball comes in pcs per packet?? If yes, is all is offset??

I was thinking to use 2 for the rear and 2 for the front, therefore, I can adjust the front & rear arm angle... In the Pro 4, we can do this by changing the suspension block..

I wonder if this is possible and what you guys think??

cheers...


I my self use 6 of set 6.8mm balls 4 in the front and 2 in the rear

in the front I have them set for maximum sus arm toe out.. make the cuda much more predictable
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:46 AM   #12323
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default Re: 6.8mm offset ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed Demon
is the 6.8mm offset ball comes in pcs per packet?? If yes, is all is offset??

I was thinking to use 2 for the rear and 2 for the front, therefore, I can adjust the front & rear arm angle... In the Pro 4, we can do this by changing the suspension block..

I wonder if this is possible and what you guys think??

cheers...
They come 4 in a pack and are all offset.
See Dave's answare regarding use..
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:28 AM   #12324
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Sounds like you did well aftersome battling then Dave.
Good luck in the big race.

Paint jobs look pretty good, still waiting to see those mid paint job pics
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:46 AM   #12325
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Sounds like you did well aftersome battling then Dave.
Good luck in the big race.

Paint jobs look pretty good, still waiting to see those mid paint job pics
Thanks Pete!!

The JMRCA Finals are in November on the 21,22,23 so I have some time to work on getting more HP and to get some more needed track time..

BTW I just found out some really Good news..or should I say I found out what Xenon has up there sleve for the Cuda`s
All I can say about it now is you will be very shocked!!!!!

1... hint.. it uses rubber vice alloy
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:59 AM   #12326
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

I'm turning blue .. trying to hold my breath while waiting in anticipation .. DAVE- please share some more of your knowledge

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Thanks Pete!!

The JMRCA Finals are in November on the 21,22,23 so I have some time to work on getting more HP and to get some more needed track time..

BTW I just found out some really Good news..or should I say I found out what Xenon has up there sleve for the Cuda`s
All I can say about it now is you will be very shocked!!!!!

1... hint.. it uses rubber vice alloy
-Dave
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:13 AM   #12327
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
I'm turning blue .. trying to hold my breath while waiting in anticipation .. DAVE- please share some more of your knowledge
Xenon has a "NEW" conversion kit on the works for All barracudas .. it might be out around the end of the year...

OK one more hint.... It will only use about half of the Barracudas parts
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:19 AM   #12328
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Now I'm red in the face for trying to figure out your first clue with the rubber not alu

Well they do tend to do things rather "well" thinking of the Stage 3 conversion for the R2 ..



Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Xenon has a "NEW" conversion kit on the works for All barracudas .. it might be out around the end of the year...

OK one more hint.... It will only use about half of the Barracudas parts
-Dave
:
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:33 AM   #12329
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stjerno
Now I'm red in the face for trying to figure out your first clue with the rubber not alu

Well they do tend to do things rather "well" thinking of the Stage 3 conversion for the R2 ..



:
OK last clue.. you will not need the Shaft any more
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:44 AM   #12330
Tech Adept
 
stjerno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 239
Default

Arrrggg ---- should have seen that one comming
well how can I then hear my car on the track .. have always told people that it's the only RC car for the blind people

Guess I have to place a small e-mail to jp now so I can become the EU beta-tester

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OK last clue.. you will not need the Shaft any more
-Dave
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net