Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: just a quick question

Originally posted by poop
hi all,

i was wondering which one will be a better buy:
an R3 with option parts or the R2 orange limited edition?
does the R2 orange still need hop ups or is it fully hopped?
cheers.
The R2 Web Special has pretty much all the bells and whistles that you would need..?? minus a PAL drive system or a PAL A-spec chassis... but if you can find one that would be a ggod deal
-Dave
Old 08-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dave,

the anti squat worked well. the car is rotating better than ever. if i could only get some rip out of it.

-chris
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by seaball
dave,

the anti squat worked well. the car is rotating better than ever. if i could only get some rip out of it.

-chris
hmm... did you try the shimming of the gears and cleaning of all the bearings... you should get at least 10sec+ from the cuda... if not something has to be binding... also is the condition of your motor that your using up to par..?? and have you tried it in another car yet..? just some things to think about
-Dave
Old 08-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

how many mm spacer for the anti squat
Old 08-04-2004, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: just a quick question

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The R2 Web Special has pretty much all the bells and whistles that you would need..?? minus a PAL drive system or a PAL A-spec chassis... but if you can find one that would be a ggod deal
-Dave
Thanks Dave, so you would reccomend i get the web special R2 instead of an R3? where can i find more info on the web special version? i would like to know exactly what it comes with and maybe a picture or 2
Old 08-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just curious,... anybody use the gearbox dust cover that came with the r2??? Is there a reason why we dun have to use it???
Old 08-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

In Malta ...

Noone uses the gearbox dust cover although we race on asphalt outdoors, firstly because since it is not completely sealed the gears will get bit dirtly just the same, secondly for quicker access and maintenance of gears, thirdly you can place extra weight to balance your car elsewhere and lastly because it seems with these covers the car makes slightly more noise

However matter of personal preference I guess
Old 08-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ic...
thanks for the advice
Old 08-04-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

hey poop i personally wouldnt go for a web r2(exen tho it looks so cool) because they were a limited release of 100 and if you can find 1 you will be paying through the teeth for it and be strugling to find alloy spares in orange,you have to get them directly from alex racing i think
Old 08-04-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Speed Demon
just curious,... anybody use the gearbox dust cover that came with the r2??? Is there a reason why we dun have to use it???
DHI racing said it all really, the main thing I found was you could still get the occasional stone in the gears when running the covers and then it was a big hassle to take off the covers, needing to remove the shock towers and top deck, just to flick a little stone out of the teeth of a gear. Makes a 2 second job a 10 minute job.

The car is quieter without them too, although mine is still far from quiet You know when a Cuda's on the track
Old 08-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by John_S
hey poop i personally wouldnt go for a web r2(exen tho it looks so cool) because they were a limited release of 100 and if you can find 1 you will be paying through the teeth for it and be strugling to find alloy spares in orange,you have to get them directly from alex racing i think
thanks for your advice John, i was worried about those very valid points that you brought up too...and the cost of getting one would be double the R3! might as well buy the R3 and hop it up with really good stuff
Old 08-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

looking at the r3 all i woudl say it needs is alloy shaft holders and a spoeedway pal steering rack to be competitive but u may also want some shiny bits for it
Old 08-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know of some thicker shims, the same size as the diff shims but just a bit thicker. I'll need some new ones soon and rather than have to use three or four together a thicker one would be nicer, less prone to bending.
Yokomo do a good pack of smaller shimms that are perfect for the small bevel gears, each pack has three thicknesses in it. Maybe they do a larger version?

I will hopefully have a pic or two of something shiney to show folks here tomorrow

Dave, where are those paint job pics? heck use your phone camera if you have to
Old 08-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator

I will hopefully have a pic or two of something shiney to show folks here tomorrow

Dave, where are those paint job pics? heck use your phone camera if you have to
I'm working on it Hermi' Hold on
-Dave
Old 08-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I'm working on it Hermi' Hold on
-Dave
I waited a day before asking again are you colouring in the pixels by hand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.