R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2004, 03:17 AM   #11716
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
So how do you like my Paint jobs... I told you I would hook you up ..now start practicing with that Airbrush now
-Dave
Very nice work you certainly must of taken plenty of time over it and your shadows are nice and subtle in the blue
I'll have to get a bit better on carpet before I risk running the nice Alfa

Now I need to get some paints and airbrush bottles Lots of masking to be done too with that shell...
Wondered what it was to start with, my closest guess was a Losi Stratus.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:04 AM   #11717
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Very nice work you certainly must of taken plenty of time over it and your shadows are nice and subtle in the blue
I'll have to get a bit better on carpet before I risk running the nice Alfa

Now I need to get some paints and airbrush bottles Lots of masking to be done too with that shell...
Wondered what it was to start with, my closest guess was a Losi Stratus.
The other body is a ALEX Stratus...it works rather well and thanks for the props on the Body.. I can paint a bunch more if you want...
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:35 AM   #11718
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Here's a pic I took of it, it's hard to pick up all the detail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg davealfa 007resize.jpg (101.8 KB, 96 views)
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:47 AM   #11719
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The other body is a ALEX Stratus...it works rather well and thanks for the props on the Body.. I can paint a bunch more if you want...
-Dave
Well a shell usualy lasts me about 3 months, so I have the Alfa then the Alex Stratus to last for the next 6 months....
Do you think you can get some done in that short time?

hehe, sorry, couldn't resist the little tease
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:55 AM   #11720
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Well a shell usualy lasts me about 3 months, so I have the Alfa then the Alex Stratus to last for the next 6 months....
Do you think you can get some done in that short time?

hehe, sorry, couldn't resist the little tease
Luck for you I painted a few others at the same time that look like the paint style you have on your Alfa there Pete

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:06 AM   #11721
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default handling

my cuda is always a little slower in the corners than a tamiya 415, especially on thight tracks.
now i wanna know if the mid spawn arms increase corner speed and handling?
i dont wanna go with the pal hubs, as they are to expencive for 2 cars..
or are the pal hubs the only way?
thx
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:13 AM   #11722
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: handling

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
my cuda is always a little slower in the corners than a tamiya 415, especially on thight tracks.
now i wanna know if the mid spawn arms increase corner speed and handling?
i dont wanna go with the pal hubs, as they are to expencive for 2 cars..
or are the pal hubs the only way?
thx

What is the set up that you are running now?? the mid span arms will help a bit on the tight tracks... how small of a track are we talking about here..(straightaway lenght will be fine)
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 AM   #11723
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

The Tamiya 415 certainly does look fast, there were a suprisingly large number of them at Teeside on Saturday. I think the guy who was way faster than everyone else was using one, it certainly had corner speed I may have to try the mid span arms myself.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:19 PM   #11724
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
The Tamiya 415 certainly does look fast, there were a suprisingly large number of them at Teeside on Saturday. I think the guy who was way faster than everyone else was using one, it certainly had corner speed I may have to try the mid span arms myself.
PM me Pete.. I have a good set up that might work for you with the Mid span arms
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #11725
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
PM me Pete.. I have a good set up that might work for you with the Mid span arms
-Dave
Is it a secret setup?
I need to get mid span arms first, so no hurry for a setup
I don't want to make any drastic changes until after the Carlisle SMTCA round in about four weeks I know if I get my motors prepped right and my car as I know it should be, then I have a good chance there

I may PM you soon actualy to ask about your painting technique, there are so few bleeds on the Alfa, it's very professional I hope you've been to the custom paint job thread too I've got some other photo's but I want to do the shell justice so I'll take some more when the sun decides to show itself
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #11726
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

i tried rayspeed springs today..
they work very well, the car was well balanced with reds in front and white in rear..
but they are way stiffer than the stock cuda springs...
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:37 PM   #11727
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator


I may PM you soon actualy to ask about your painting technique, there are so few bleeds on the Alfa, it's very professional I hope you've been to the custom paint job thread too I've got some other photo's but I want to do the shell justice so I'll take some more when the sun decides to show itself
Thanks Hermi... Far from Professional... but Still trying
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:49 PM   #11728
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Nice new ride Dave

Does look a lot like a fish though...but hey they say imitation is the best form of flattery

So gonna spill the beans on the news of the R4

Back to belt drive??? or similar to an evo 6???
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #11729
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
Nice new ride Dave

Does look a lot like a fish though...but hey they say imitation is the best form of flattery

So gonna spill the beans on the news of the R4

Back to belt drive??? or similar to an evo 6???
R4...it"s still shaft driven

... more to come when I find out more
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:37 AM   #11730
Tech Regular
 
RcMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philly burbs
Posts: 389
Default

Anyone know how many degrees of caster do the Speedway
Pal c-hubs have ? I know the Alex ones are 5degree and
Xenon 7degree.
RcMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net