Old 06-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #11341
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Make any progress?? How'd racing go?
The car was alot better this weekend. I ran 5 degree caster blocks and I had the offset pillow balls in the rear witha total of 2 degrees of rear toe per side. Car was the best it has been since I ran it. I want to get a new Parma Alpha body and change a few more things. Overall I really like the car this week. I had a good time running it. I hope I can run it in two weeks or so. By then I should have almost all the changes I want to do to the car.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:35 PM   #11342
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. MR4
I'm using the locked diff on my R2 & when the steering is turned to the left or right the drive shafts vibrate & make a crunching noise!!!!!!

Any one experience this??????????
Yes it's brutal running spools, especially on high grip. 'Chatter' seems to be the norm at first until your parts loosen up/ wear in a little...

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #11343
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
The car was alot better this weekend. I ran 5 degree caster blocks and I had the offset pillow balls in the rear witha total of 2 degrees of rear toe per side. Car was the best it has been since I ran it. I want to get a new Parma Alpha body and change a few more things. Overall I really like the car this week. I had a good time running it. I hope I can run it in two weeks or so. By then I should have almost all the changes I want to do to the car.
Nice! Glad you found something. I ran the P-Alfa at Reedy- car was hooked up good in the mains

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 06-14-2004, 06:41 PM   #11344
wyd
Tech Legend

MikeR the Cuda is a neat car. I think I might actually keep this car around for awhile. I keep changing cars and because of it I haven't been dialed like I have been in the years past. Too many new cars in the last year or so. The Cuda seems as good as any of them and with all the parts I now have plus a 2nd car for parts I'm set without the fear of breaking and not having the part.

Glad to hear the Parma Alpha works. Been hearing alot of good things about them. Do they fit good on the Cuda?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #11345
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Hmm, only other places for a fan that I can think of are either along side the motor on the edge of the chassis, making motor changes a pain in the back side. Or if you're running large enough pinions, on the inside, next to the drive shaft, but I've not actualy checked for clearence in there, and you couldn't get a 40mm fan under the top deck.

A lexan airscoop would be the next step but on the tracks I run at it would just scoop up too much debri thrown up by the front left wheel. Don't see much need for it in our weather though.
Yes the 40mm Fan is a tight fit...but ans 32mm is just right along with 2 Orion Micro fans for the Mini Cars ..and the Ride Ram Air Duct.. I have dropped over 15 deg Cels off the temps of the Motor and whenI run 8min heats it makes a huge difference ..I'll get the Pic's out today
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #11346
Tech Champion

WYD- It has a short nose so luckily the foam bumper is small! It's a very compact shell but fits very well over the Cuda

Yeah, so many cool cars out these days that I yearn to try too. Definately the golden age of rc touring cars. Not boring like what off road was during the 90's with 2 brands and maybe a Kyosho here and there.

Old 06-14-2004, 07:39 PM   #11347
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
..I'll get the Pic's out today
-Dave
I'll believe that when I see it....
infact I may still not believe it then

I wish they'd do something to the race format in the UK, 8 minutes for stock and 19Spec should be easy. Don't think the mod guys would go for it, but the 12turn limit needs removing many think or going down to 10turn motors.
Thinking about it I'd be cutting it pretty close with a 19turn motor at 8 minutes, and my cells have good capacity, maybe 7 minutes would be better
Most objections to a time increase here are from clubs that would struggle to fit in all the races with the time increase, and large sunday events would be a killer
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:46 PM   #11348
Tech Elite

It's definetly a wise idea to stick to one car, I've seen several at my club change cars every second month and they always seem to be going backwards in ability. Some cars just don't go well for some people but once you find a car that is ok and you can improve with, consist improvement is on it's way

The only shell I've had issues with when trying to fit it was the Mazda 6, it took some trimming of the bumper and moving the rear body posts around so they sat on the front of the shock towers. It's suprising what a short shell the Mazda is, and the stupidly long wing mounting bumps don't help one bit.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:48 PM   #11349
Tech Champion

Quote:
I'll believe that when I see it....
infact I may still not believe it then

I wish they'd do something to the race format in the UK, 8 minutes for stock and 19Spec should be easy. Don't think the mod guys would go for it, but the 12turn limit needs removing many think or going down to 10turn motors.
Thinking about it I'd be cutting it pretty close with a 19turn motor at 8 minutes, and my cells have good capacity, maybe 7 minutes would be better
Most objections to a time increase here are from clubs that would struggle to fit in all the races with the time increase, and large sunday events would be a killer

I have done 8 mins on a 19T Reedy 4 mag no problem... and a Orion Element too .. I ahve a few 23T motors that Make these 19T motors look like Dog Squeez and the 27T motors ..Not torque what so ever ..but thats besides the point

BTW .. You"ll see a pic of two today..My time that is
-Dave
Old 06-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #11350
Tech Champion

Quote:

The only shell I've had issues with when trying to fit it was the Mazda 6, it took some trimming of the bumper and moving the rear body posts around so they sat on the front of the shock towers. It's suprising what a short shell the Mazda is, and the stupidly long wing mounting bumps don't help one bit.
Hows about trying a Ride Body Pete ... or a Skyline 350GT.?? Works really well on the Cuda
-Dave
Old 06-14-2004, 07:51 PM   #11351
Tech Elite

well it's 2.50am here, so by the time I wake up I want pics

I should be able to make 8 minutes on a 19turn easily, but if I had dodgy cells there would be no chance, good job I have nice Fukuyama's too many of my club mates would suffer with their run time though, it wouldn't be a popular change. I have no idea how mod guys go for 8 minutes, must be a lot of patience with the throttle
Old 06-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #11352
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hows about trying a Ride Body Pete ... or a Skyline 350GT.?? Works really well on the Cuda
-Dave

-hmmm...........

Old 06-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #11353
Tech Champion

Quote:

-hmmm...........

I think that you"ll like the Body I sent you anyways ..
-Dave
Old 06-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #11354
Tech Champion

Looks like Alex has a new sort of rear Brace that they offer with the New "BLACK" Chassis for the R3... I"l see if I cna find out more about this for you guys

-Dave

Old 06-15-2004, 07:08 PM   #11355
wyd
Tech Legend

Looks interesting!!!!!!!