Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 05-29-2004, 02:16 AM
  #11056  
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Default

I got the peak dynasty so if your interested i'll rip it down and check on it
Merciless is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 07:34 AM
  #11057  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator


Some stock motors do have ugly windings I would say Matrix motor's are good for being fairly consistant and reasonably neat. Lots of other motors can vary a lot. So it's worth getting a good tuner to pick you out a motor, now where would I find one of those around here.... (hey Gaz quit hiding )
True lots of motors vary a bunch thats why some are dogg's and some just right out RIP!!

But you have Gaz to work on your stuff and Give you advice.... I have Eric Anderson
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 05:24 PM
  #11058  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,219
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Well my new to me Cuda R2 showed up today. I'm in the process of going over it and switching everything to the Xenon chassis and drive setup. So far so good. Don't for see any problems.

Does a 100 tooth 64 pitch gear fit the Cuda and what is the final drive ratio on the car?

Thanks
Brian
wyd is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 08:18 PM
  #11059  
Tech Fanatic
 
S-T-R-l-K-E-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CS RACING / RIDDLER HOBBIES
Posts: 973
Default

no 98t 64dp is the highest that you can go.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 09:06 PM
  #11060  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,219
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
no 98t 64dp is the highest that you can go.
Thanks. I need to go buy a smaller gear. I only have 100's that I ran on my TC3.
wyd is offline  
Old 05-29-2004, 11:03 PM
  #11061  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
no 98t 64dp is the highest that you can go.
Are you sure about that ... I have run 100's before with the Xenon Chassis and still had lower chassis clearance ( even if it was very very close to being flush with the bottom of the chassis )
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 12:47 AM
  #11062  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

i see that on my R2 with Pal drive, i fit a 100 no problem.... but with the R3, the stock motor/upper deck mount is reeeeally close with the 96 thats on it.
Turbonium is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 05:46 AM
  #11063  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I have Eric Anderson
-Dave
He does build a slightly fast motor, doesn't he...
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 05:49 AM
  #11064  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
He does build a slightly fast motor, doesn't he...


Lets put it this way... He is the Master and I am the Student .. I know that he has taught quite a few Motor Tuners a few tricks about stock motors that are doing very well right now
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 05:59 AM
  #11065  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,219
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Are you sure about that ... I have run 100's before with the Xenon Chassis and still had lower chassis clearance ( even if it was very very close to being flush with the bottom of the chassis )
-Dave
Mine clears the toplate but hits the chassis. Not a problem I will just get a 96 tooth.
wyd is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:02 AM
  #11066  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,219
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know the final drive ratio on the Cuda? Are you guys going to make me count the teeth on the gears.
wyd is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:04 AM
  #11067  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by wyd
Mine clears the toplate but hits the chassis. Not a problem I will just get a 96 tooth.
Try putting a slight chamfer where the spur would sit...also some makers spurs are quite differnt in size..say for example a xenon 96 spur is much smaller overall Dia than a Kimbrough.
... FOod for thought
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:05 AM
  #11068  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by wyd
Anyone know the final drive ratio on the Cuda? Are you guys going to make me count the teeth on the gears.
2.44 same as your Pro 4.. or you can take 39x16 to get the down to the wire ratio
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:13 AM
  #11069  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,219
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Dave. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count that high.

So far I have the rear of the car almost all on the Xenon chassis. I did also put the mid span hardened arms on as well. I do need to get some shock bushings. When I bought the R2 used it didn't have any on it. Not a problem though as I'm going ot get everything built onto the Xenon chassis and then order from Speedtech all the stuff I need plus a few other goodies.

Anyone know what degree of caster the Xenon caster blocks have? My car came with them on. One more question is if I use the off setup ball studs what degree of toe in does it remove. The car looks like it has 3 degrees of toe per side right now. I would like to have a little less. Maybe use 1 degree hubs or off set ball studs or some zero degree rear hubs would be nice to.
wyd is offline  
Old 05-30-2004, 06:18 AM
  #11070  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by wyd
Thanks Dave. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count that high.

So far I have the rear of the car almost all on the Xenon chassis. I did also put the mid span hardened arms on as well. I do need to get some shock bushings. When I bought the R2 used it didn't have any on it. Not a problem though as I'm going ot get everything built onto the Xenon chassis and then order from Speedtech all the stuff I need plus a few other goodies.

Anyone know what degree of caster the Xenon caster blocks have? My car came with them on. One more question is if I use the off setup ball studs what degree of toe in does it remove. The car looks like it has 3 degrees of toe per side right now. I would like to have a little less. Maybe use 1 degree hubs or off set ball studs or some zero degree rear hubs would be nice to.
Xenon Hubs = 1 deg
the offset Balls for the A-arms will take out or add about 1~1.5deg.... one more thing you can do is flip the Xenon hubs around to talk out some of that rear toe..

and as for what deg toe in you have right now..... I would say that you ar in the ball park of 2.8~3.0 deg in
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.