Old 05-23-2004, 10:28 AM   #10966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Dave,

wyd,

I agree with you, R/C Tech is an excellent source for information, but it is also an easy place to get false information. Sometimes I see guys post so much tuning and setup tips and then I meet them at the track and this guy is barely able to go around the track (we're talking about novice level here) so I don't see how he can validate and confirm the suggestions he provide. Sometimes I see information posted that's just plain wrong. So be careful who you ask for information on R/C Tech. By the way, the Xenon Stage 2 kit you picked up is an excellent platform, and you will be very happy with it

Steve Wang
100% agreed
Old 05-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #10967
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

wyd try the Parma Alpha body on the R2 it works awesme...i find that the Mazda 6 has alot of turn-in steering but nothing else...and many others i've talked to have agreed to this
Old 05-23-2004, 10:35 AM   #10968
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wyd,

Sometimes I use the Yokomo white springs because it hits a wheel rate that I can't reach with some of the Alex Springs. But Alex springs are still one of the best out there as they offered in small increments of spring rate

Steve Wang
Old 05-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #10969
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
wyd try the Parma Alpha body on the R2 it works awesme...i find that the Mazda 6 has alot of turn-in steering but nothing else...and many others i've talked to have agreed to this
I plan on buying one of those. Have read alot of good things about that body. Funny that it is from Parma.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:15 AM   #10970
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
wyd,

Sometimes I use the Yokomo white springs because it hits a wheel rate that I can't reach with some of the Alex Springs. But Alex springs are still one of the best out there as they offered in small increments of spring rate

Steve Wang
Thanks Steve. I will look into that with Cuda springs. Do they offer a variety pack of srpings kinda like Xray offers?
Old 05-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #10971
wyd
Tech Legend

If I use the offset ball studs how much toe in will it take out of the car? Like a degree or so. What is the stock Toe on the R2 with the Xenon kit on it? I just guess either 2 degrees or 3 like with most cars.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #10972
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Body posts shouldn't be a problem, the Mazda 6 uses quite low down holes anyway.

I do have some rayspeed springs but usualy use the Alex Racing springs, kits on the rear and one grade stiffer on the front. Quite siliar to using Rayspeeds reds and whites, if I remember right.

I'm just back from a day at Carlisle. It was quite a good day after I got my car to actualy move. My speedo was dead So I've got a borrowed Quantum Competition in my car for this week, atleast it matches my car it goes well too thank god.
I'm a bit burnt since it's finaly decided to be summer in Scotland, the back of my hands are bright red The track was still only warm enough for CS27's.
I've always used a front one way at Carlisle but I've been sticking with a normal diff so far this year and I did find I wasn't as quick in some places. Think I'll end up with the one way in when I go there again for the SMTCA, I like the speed it allows me to carry on and off the straight, which is worth about half a second a lap for my driving.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #10973
Tech Addict

hey steve or dave (or others) do you know if this is an r1 or r2 and what chassis it has on it please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silvery fish.jpg (71.5 KB, 83 views)
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #10974
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by John_S
hey steve or dave (or others) do you know if this is an r1 or r2 and what chassis it has on it please?
Beautiful fish you got there
Without being a expert I think its a full PAL version Cuda 1 or 2.

stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:19 PM   #10975
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks Herminator. Did you ever think to try one of the Speedtech spools for the Cuda? SHould give you very similiar results to the one way but you still will have some brakes. I just ordered the spool from Steve so I will have it for next week along with the one way and an extra diff to play around with.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #10976
Tech Elite

Thats a Speedway PAL R1.

From what I understand and spool gives you understeer into corners but pulls well out of them. I could probably get one to work but I think it would take a bit too much effort at a time when I need to be consistant and I don't think I'm aggresive enough of a driver.
Plus I'm too cheap to put my drivetrain through the extra wear and tear

I just remembered, when I was fitting my Mazda 6 shell I ended up having to cut the foam bumper down a little so the shell would go down at the front and I also had to turn the rear body posts round on the shock towes so they were on the front of them. Otherwise the rear body posts wanted to come up through the rear wing mounts, overall the chassis is quite short.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:14 PM   #10977
Tech Master

Hermi, so you killed your cirrus already? I was thinking of getting one.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #10978
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
Hermi, so you killed your cirrus already? I was thinking of getting one.
Yeah, it's an odd one, took me quite a while to conclude it was the speedo at fault. It's the first Cirrus I've heard of thats had a problem, other than a couple of guys wiring them up wrong. Should get it sorted very quickly though, ready for next weekends SMTCA round at my local club
I thought it was the motor at the start but there didn't seem to be any sticking brushes and it turned fine by hand, I changed cells just incase and no change. I then tried the LRP speedo and it did the same as my Cirrus, lights up and leds change like you're using the throttle and brakes so I thought it was the motor again. Changed that and went back to the Cirrus and now the speedo doesn't even light up yet it's getting the correct voltages at the right bits. Even took the heatshrink off the switch to check that was working and resoldered my schotky diodes.
Changed back to the LRP and set it up properly, it didn't go. Then realised the motor I'd put in had a brush spring missing so fitted that and the car went fine.
I'll put my man 19turn motor in tomorrow for club racing, the Demon that I originaly had in today. It should go fine, it went when put directly on a set of four cells, but I'm wondering if the missing spring on the other motor would cause the Cirrus to not light up. I don't think it would stop it turning on, as I've put the same motor in before with no spring, it just stops the car going but the speedo does usualy work... I think
Took me over an hour to get the thing finaly sorted, missed practise and my first qualifier. A right pain in the rear.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #10979
wyd
Tech Legend

Heminator I will have to remember that when I go to mount up my Mazda body.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:45 AM   #10980
TC3
Tech Regular

i just won the first outdoor race this season at my local track (modified class of course).
the cuda works very well on that track, and i have plenty of cornerspeed in the fast turns.
but i noticed that i have to slow down very much going through tight turns.
what do u do to get ur cuda roll faster throug the turns on small twisty tracks?
did anyone try changing the rollcenter?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote