R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2004, 11:28 PM   #10411
Tech Fanatic
 
Entropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 965
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Fish tank sale

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
good choices... but what does living close to tamiya have to do with anything?
Perhaps the Tamiya Men in Black come round regularly to "cleanse" the neighbourhood of infidels...
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:13 AM   #10412
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Its because the track is right there for him.They only allow Tamiyas on thier track on saturdays.I would own one if I lived that close but since I dont I am ok without it.R3......
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:53 AM   #10413
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Its because the track is right there for him.They only allow Tamiyas on thier track on saturdays.I would own one if I lived that close but since I dont I am ok without it.R3......
Oh I see... I'd probably have a tamiya in that case too.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:51 AM   #10414
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

The R2/R3 continue to dominate outdoor tracks & races in this area.

That is the one item that has me worried about picking up a 415, but seriously if anyone has a good home for a great car shoot me a PM.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #10415
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

hey madjack I;ve been hearing about 415,tamiya have not made any front diff for 415 yet and rear diff is different than the front way diff pulley..You might waiting alittle longer before get the 415 just my two .02 cent
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #10416
KJ
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PJ Malaysia
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone share what does the "kick up" does for the car?

Kick up = black color shims that place under the balls holding the arm. 0.8, 1.2 mm ...etc.

What if we have all 4 balls being raised? My thot is it would increase traction. Am I right?
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:13 PM   #10417
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,818
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

correct me if i am wrong but i think kick up does the same thing as caster.

so more kickup will give more steering (i think)
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #10418
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
correct me if i am wrong but i think kick up does the same thing as caster.

so more kickup will give more steering (i think)
i thought kickup is the angle between the lateral arm and chassis.
caster is the angle between upright and chassis.
changing kickup angle will affect its caster but not applicable vice versa.
__________________
driftercentral.com
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:50 PM   #10419
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ
Can anyone share what does the "kick up" does for the car?

Kick up = black color shims that place under the balls holding the arm. 0.8, 1.2 mm ...etc.

What if we have all 4 balls being raised? My thot is it would increase traction. Am I right?
i usually apply rear kickup to fine tune traction.
If all balls being raised, almost the same as lowering the ride height where the balls at. The traction would be the same as they weren't raised, if the ride height is maintained the same.
In fact at that, the arm is in higher position, making the CG slightly higher.
__________________
driftercentral.com
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #10420
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

After about 20hrs runtime, the plastic shaft holder start giving way. The front holder is a must, and I changed it already, now it's time for the rear, it means alot for alignment and efficiency's sake. Changed back my alum shaft to carbon, found it a bit offcentered compared to the original carbon...
__________________
driftercentral.com
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #10421
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GTO2
After about 20hrs runtime, the plastic shaft holder start giving way. The front holder is a must, and I changed it already, now it's time for the rear, it means alot for alignment and efficiency's sake. Changed back my alum shaft to carbon, found it a bit offcentered compared to the original carbon...
The plastic holders suck. Mine didn't even sit flat, the top deck was bowed. The aluminum holders fixed that problem.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:26 PM   #10422
Tech Master
 
raving-monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: yorkshire, england.
Posts: 1,818
Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey
Default

ive deicded to go for the pro4 or cuda r3.

but ime stuck triyng to find anywhere in the UK that sells cuda parts.

can anyone fill me in to where i can get parts?

as i don't want a car that will take me 2-3 weeks to get parts if i need them

you know what i mean
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:27 PM   #10423
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
The plastic holders suck. Mine didn't even sit flat, the top deck was bowed. The aluminum holders fixed that problem.
hehe, I place 0.5mm spacer sandwiched between the plastick shaft holder and the upper deck to make it straight.
My uprights are still all plasticks...time will come for me to change them.
__________________
driftercentral.com
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:30 AM   #10424
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Malta
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by raving-monkey
ive deicded to go for the pro4 or cuda r3.

but ime stuck triyng to find anywhere in the UK that sells cuda parts.

can anyone fill me in to where i can get parts?

as i don't want a car that will take me 2-3 weeks to get parts if i need them

you know what i mean
dhiracing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:38 AM   #10425
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Malta
Posts: 267
Default

Hi raving-monkey, we just sent you an email
dhiracing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:46 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net