Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 02-24-2004, 01:26 PM
  #9751  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
i second that. installed the new rack last night..and also ball bearings in the steering assembly. its super smooth now!

lots more steering now with the new rack and moving the ball studs up one hole forward. got the new pink alum. hubs too!

cant wait to try it out tonight!

OH OH please show picture what hubs did you get ?
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 01:29 PM
  #9752  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

just the reg. pink ones.. i dont like the stock ones ... everytime i change tires.. they fall out.

ill take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.

i didnt know this? two R3's in the top 10. pretty impressive! lots of new cars in the Top 10.

TITC

1 Surikarn C. TRF415
2 Atsushi Hara Pro4
3 Satoshi Maezumi TRF415
4 Alan Yau Cheuk Lun MR-4TC SD
5 Hideo Kitazawa Barracuda R3
6 Kazuo Muramatsu Pro4
7 Hiroshi Kamibayashi Pro4
8 Paphon C. Benz
9 Yutaka Takizawa Barracuda R3
10 Kiyokazu Suzuki TRF415
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 01:32 PM
  #9753  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
just the reg. pink ones.. i dont like the stock ones ... everytime i change tires.. they fall out.

ill take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.

i didnt know this? two R3's in the top 10. pretty impressive! lots of new cars in the Top 10.

TITC

1 Surikarn C. TRF415
2 Atsushi Hara Pro4
3 Satoshi Maezumi TRF415
4 Alan Yau Cheuk Lun MR-4TC SD
5 Hideo Kitazawa Barracuda R3
6 Kazuo Muramatsu Pro4
7 Hiroshi Kamibayashi Pro4
8 Paphon C. Benz
9 Yutaka Takizawa Barracuda R3
10 Kiyokazu Suzuki TRF415
There see, they're all good cars. No more arguing.
JusBox is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:08 PM
  #9754  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

the "old" car in that group is the SD

i wonder if alex racing would ever come out with a "tub". i hate getting my chassis damaged.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:19 PM
  #9755  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

here is another mod I did every little bit helps
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-mod.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:31 PM
  #9756  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
utieh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: paris
Posts: 955
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Cuda Shocks

Originally posted by utieh
I would like to add to my Mini Rs4 some new shock bodies, HPI's are a little bit pricey and R10 has the Alex shock bodies for the Cuda in the color I want, and they are only 2400Yen:
3263432637157,ALEX RACING,1200YEN,5142 DAMPER CASE & O RING HOLDER PURPLE,2pairs

Is it possible to keep my HPI shock shafts & piston/Yokomo springs/ MIP O-rings?

Thanks.

Gilles
anyone?
utieh is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:33 PM
  #9757  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
here is another mod I did every little bit helps
You've actually noticed some spur gear wobble?
or do you just like adding rotational weight?
Herminator is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:37 PM
  #9758  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
You've actually noticed some spur gear wobble?
or do you just like adding rotational weight?

I have noticed the spur gear not spinning true and weight this weighs nothing ! and most in japan are doing this also must be some good to it
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-r3_08s.jpg  
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:44 PM
  #9759  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
I have noticed the spur gear not spinning true and weight this weighs nothing ! and most in japan are doing this also must be some good to it
Is that only on the R3? I never noticed it on mine
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:47 PM
  #9760  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Is that only on the R3? I never noticed it on mine

Heath those gears i got back in the shop the ultra thin ones
They have been alright but when you spin the drive train it wobbles like a mad man plus its extra security
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:49 PM
  #9761  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

I think some people have been overtightening their spur gears
Herminator is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:49 PM
  #9762  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Heath those gears i got back in the shop the ultra thin ones
They have been alright but when you spin the drive train it wobbles like a mad man plus its extra security
Ahhh, I see said the blind man to his deaf wife...might have to have some one make me one of those...
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:51 PM
  #9763  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Re: Cuda Shocks

Originally posted by utieh
anyone?
Alex Racing shocks are close to Yokomo ones but thats as far as I know, it would be simpler to just use the right parts for a whole shock from one company
Herminator is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:51 PM
  #9764  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2
Unhappy R2 Settings

Alex Racing Design Barracuda R2 setting

I just baught an R2 but I have a problem. My car keeps on spinning when it comes to even a slight turn . How to solve this?
BarracudaR2 is offline  
Old 02-24-2004, 03:53 PM
  #9765  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

I have noticed in several magazines I get from japan many cars are using them be it tamyia,tech,hpi,yoko,alex etc......
Ko Racer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.