Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We'll get the carbon shaft from SpeedWay Pal as soon as we can. the next batch of parts is coming in next week, car kits the week after that.

More great result for the Cuda this weekend. Redbullfixx racked up the third win in a role for us at SoCal, he is definitely on fire!!! Just in time for the Reedy Race. Congrats Redbull!!! Now I need to get myself to step it up too!

Dave,

Glad to hear you got the shipment, you also have a PM from me

Steve Wang
Great news with daves driving!! AND THE r2!!

Also that package that you sent to me came in 5 Days!!

-Dave
Old 05-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Old 05-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to let you all know that more parts will be available next Thursday (right around Reedy Race). Speaking of which, if any of you are in the SoCal area and would like to check out the Barracuda R2 in action, we have a small team competiting at the Reedy Race and you're more than welcome to stop by and check it out

Steve Wang
Old 05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Just want to let you all know that more parts will be available next Thursday (right around Reedy Race).
Steve Wang
Good I hope this means more batterys

-Dave
Old 05-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Quick question......what size are the wheel bearings front and rear?
Old 05-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

JDM,

Batteries are coming on Wednesday, I'll let you know right away when they arrive.

Civic91,

The front bearings are 10x6mm and the rears are 10x5mm

Steve Wang
Old 05-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

JDM,

Batteries are coming on Wednesday, I'll let you know right away when they arrive.

Steve Wang
Your the "MAN" Steve
THanks!!

-Dave
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was able to race my fish for the second time and it was outside on fairly new asphalt. Everyone had to come and look at it and see what it looks like and most liked the car. We have a lot of TC3s at our track and some are going to the new yoke and called me a trador or something like that for not going with the new yoke but I told them that my R2 isn't the last race car I'll buy...lol. Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the car but not with my driving and the bees were kind of curious with us on the driver's stand. Well, all I was interested in was just practice and learning the car even on a race day. Well, in practice, I hit a dot,(rocket launcher), at the end of the front stretch and it was a scary crash that would render most cars with several broken parts. It didn't touch the ground until after it slammed the wall/LP tank that it was guarding and it was motionless on the track. Well, I picked it up, the body was caved in and looked and all it did was pop the plug off of the battery...I thought that something was really broke. I really do think this car is more bulletproof than my MR4TC Pro. I did okay in my first heat with take off 27s all around with 40 wt oil in front and back. The car was very stable all around the track ecept the left handers in the infield but everyone was having that trouble. It would be very loose in these 2 turns but I could handle it though. In our 3rd heat I changed tires to sorex 32s in the front and 28s in the rear with medium inserts. It alot better but made a big mistake to leave them on in the main. The track had no sun on it anymore so the car was really loose on every corner and turn. I qualified 4th and we took off and no crash in the first turn for me and I was battling for 3rd and no one wanted to lead so somehow I was in the lead for lap one...and I was leading for a couple of laps and holding my own with 3 others and somehow, I can't remember how, I got into another driver, or touched a corner dot and did a gentle rollover and the car got shut off We had limited turn marshalls, so I was walking down the driver's stand and they said go back and I was down a lap...sighs...the car was really loose but held my own and dropped to 5th or 6th overall. I was impressed with the car and it needs fine tuning and SPEED which I haven't any. Also our track had been treated with sugar water for the 12th scale cars...some of our sedans were traction rolling on it..lol Hope I gave some help on setups for outdoor asphalt.

Heath
Old 05-16-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Old 05-16-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
I was able to race my fish for the second time and it was outside on fairly new asphalt. Everyone had to come and look at it and see what it looks like and most liked the car. We have a lot of TC3s at our track and some are going to the new yoke and called me a trador or something like that for not going with the new yoke but I told them that my R2 isn't the last race car I'll buy...lol. Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the car but not with my driving and the bees were kind of curious with us on the driver's stand. Well, all I was interested in was just practice and learning the car even on a race day. Well, in practice, I hit a dot,(rocket launcher), at the end of the front stretch and it was a scary crash that would render most cars with several broken parts. It didn't touch the ground until after it slammed the wall/LP tank that it was guarding and it was motionless on the track. Well, I picked it up, the body was caved in and looked and all it did was pop the plug off of the battery...I thought that something was really broke. I really do think this car is more bulletproof than my MR4TC Pro. I did okay in my first heat with take off 27s all around with 40 wt oil in front and back. The car was very stable all around the track ecept the left handers in the infield but everyone was having that trouble. It would be very loose in these 2 turns but I could handle it though. In our 3rd heat I changed tires to sorex 32s in the front and 28s in the rear with medium inserts. It alot better but made a big mistake to leave them on in the main. The track had no sun on it anymore so the car was really loose on every corner and turn. I qualified 4th and we took off and no crash in the first turn for me and I was battling for 3rd and no one wanted to lead so somehow I was in the lead for lap one...and I was leading for a couple of laps and holding my own with 3 others and somehow, I can't remember how, I got into another driver, or touched a corner dot and did a gentle rollover and the car got shut off We had limited turn marshalls, so I was walking down the driver's stand and they said go back and I was down a lap...sighs...the car was really loose but held my own and dropped to 5th or 6th overall. I was impressed with the car and it needs fine tuning and SPEED which I haven't any. Also our track had been treated with sugar water for the 12th scale cars...some of our sedans were traction rolling on it..lol Hope I gave some help on setups for outdoor asphalt.

Heath
Sounds Like you Have a Tank there heath also I might have some help for you with the car being a little loose...

if you can tell me what your rear rollcenter was....also I would stick with the Sprex 28`s upu to about 78~80 degrees

-Dave
Old 05-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

everyone was using take off 27s and handling great, I just used the 32s/28s in shade and that was a no-no...Also, the left handers in the infield are on a very slight downhill. Here is what our track somewhat looks like...notice the slight downhill from the right to left. We don't have that pipe, the track has a different layout, and has a painted infield. Thanks for the help Dave.
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-dsc00362.jpg  
Old 05-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Just going through the proccess of rebuilding my cuda, spending plenty time seeing how the diffs need shimming, think may need just one at each end. The degreased and relubed bearings feel much nicer, just by spinning the diff on it's own in the bulkheads it spins quite freely. The vibrating tray really is handy

Steve, I don't suppose you know if the tamiya titanium screws you supplied are made and distrubuted by any other company? I like them more than TiR versions but can't find them on the top UK online shop websites
Old 05-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Just going through the proccess of rebuilding my cuda, spending plenty time seeing how the diffs need shimming, think may need just one at each end. The degreased and relubed bearings feel much nicer, just by spinning the diff on it's own in the bulkheads it spins quite freely. The vibrating tray really is handy

Hey Hermi`
So has the drive train become a little more quiet...too in the process

-Dave
Old 05-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Seems so, not sure how much side to side movement in acceptable in the diffs but I've left a little, another thin washer would remove almost all for both diffs. The front one way actually has no washers in now, the rear has two on the side of the diff gear, otherwise the mesh would of been too loose I think, it's still got some movement in the mesh. Noise seems to show itself better on the track so I'll see tomorrow night.
Still have hubs and shocks to fit, trying to decide if I should go with the replacement rear hubs that give less toe or play things safe and stick with the originals and try get more front end grip instead to improve steering.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Front input gear....

I think that I got 1 defective input gear with my R2. The one that I am running up fron has a little bit of wobble to it, while the rear one spins perfectly true. Anybody else run into any un-true inpt gears with their R2's?

-Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.