R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2004, 10:44 AM   #9556
Tech Addict

ok kool thanx i jsut noticed that my offset balls wernt giving the same toe in on both sides must have taken a bad knock or sumthin so i have put the black pillow balls back on and see how i fair next friday are you going to the stoneheavan warmup next sunday hermi? ill be testing my new v2 hara spec i cant wait
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:49 AM   #9557
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Traveling to Stonehaven for a warm up race you must be kidding.
I'll probably make it up for a couple of events this year, the GP and the SMTCA round but thats it. It's too far to go when I'll probably suffer interference, they really need to sort some of the problem areas out.
I'm not even close to getting outdoor stuff anyway, will need new tyres and a couple of motors atleast.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:17 PM   #9558
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D

So Herm, if youre not gonna make it to Stonehaven theres not much chance of you making it further south then

Could be 2 Cudas at Aldershot tomorrow!!!!!!

Mines all set, rebiult and done everything to it, all ready now to storm it or snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

I see another Web Special up for sale Whats up with you guys over there????? Wonder if it will end up in Malta with the others????
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 01:45 PM   #9559
Tech Addict

yo herm was that you sellin fukuyama cells on ebay? they went for real cheap i was tempted to get a set. my car is really getin on my tits jusnow so ill be runing a losi outdoors this season cuz i raced the cuda once at stoney and hated it, it went straight when i set up the trims but up the straight it wanderd way to much, nearly double what my tc3 did and i didnt have to steer round the banked curve, herm you will know how bad it must have been to not steer around that the car traveld around it iself, but it was ok in the mid section. Also i cant be botherd buyin a pal system for it to race mod im still only usin plastic shaft holders
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #9560
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Yup, that was me on ebay, although the last of the first batch has sold and we can't afford to continue them at that price. We'll have 1.15's for a similar price though should arrive at the end of the week

Hmm wandering car Stoney isn't the best of tracks for keeping a car going straight, my problems were more of a sudden dart towards the nearest metal pole though
A computerised tranny is aways handy for dialing down the steering, most kits have too much steering IMO, if you're using lots of steering you're bound to be loosing grip by causing understeer. A wondering car may be a lack of toe in and front toe out. Ditch the Losi and use the money to buy a pal system then get that Cuda sorted
That banked corner was so darn big it was difficult to drive smoothly, needed minimal steering. On such a big track though it's difficult to know where to place the car on the track, about the only corner I took well consistantly was the break away from the straight, saw nice clouds of dirt a couple times as I clipped the inside corner but I still suffered from not being confident in where the car was going to go even there.

Gaz I'll make it to one event further down south than Teeside, I hope....

Hmm, still haven't checked to see if my bearings are knackered in the rear hub
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:41 PM   #9561
Tech Regular

Worth checking those bearings Herm, remember I only checked mine because of that funny noise under acceleration and look what happened........ 6 new bearings later and the car is sweet sounding and super smooth

Will hopefully be catchin up with RePete (Peter H II) tomorrow and will get to see an R3 up close and personal. Still dont think its got the same bling factor as the Web...well see
Old 02-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #9562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New setup board....

JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #9563
Tech Regular

lol....dont put an R3 down on there as you will never find it again
How thick is that board??
Old 02-14-2004, 04:57 PM   #9564
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
lol....dont put an R3 down on there as you will never find it again
How thick is that board??
ha ha yah i know! it's 2.5 mm thick. The foam i have underneath isn't ideal, i'm seeking out thicker foam but it'll do for now.

Last edited by AWOLsoldier; 02-14-2004 at 05:23 PM.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:25 PM   #9565
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ok,gearing question,monster stock,med. size,outdoor track,what would be a good starting ratio? on springs what would you guys recommend for a low traction outdoor track,and oil weight,thanks for any help.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #9566
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

What type of track is it: technical or high speed or kinda both?
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:51 PM   #9567
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

1 long straight(90ft)rest of the track is tight technical,parking lot track,so their is not alot of traction,this will be my first race with the cuda,been running an xray.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #9568
Tech Master

I would prolly start out around 24 tooth pinion. That should give ya the best of both.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:01 PM   #9569
Tech Master

I'm geting ready to order some springs and I don't really want to spend close to $100 and order all of the Alex springs. What Alex Racing springs would I need to race on new ozite? Also do you suggest sway bars or not and if so which ones?
Old 02-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #9570
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
I'm geting ready to order some springs and I don't really want to spend close to $100 and order all of the Alex springs. What Alex Racing springs would I need to race on new ozite? Also do you suggest sway bars or not and if so which ones?
A lot of people are running the Rayspeed white and red springs, I'd suggest some of the heavier alex springs like the 1.5mm line.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote