Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 01-23-2004, 12:23 PM
  #9001  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Hebiki
thats a speed secret i cant share with you guys!

rc4less... how much exactly? and how do they compare to acer?
rc4 less Grade 7 metal shield to acer grade 5 non metal shield

www.rc4less.com great guy to buy from!
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 01-23-2004, 12:25 PM
  #9002  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
you need to get you a set of ceramic from rc4less very nice and complete set
I was gonna try them out, need bearings for my 1/12 scale car... are they metal shielded, or a special shield?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
  #9003  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I was gonna try them out, need bearings for my 1/12 scale car... are they metal shielded, or a special shield?
there metal wich makes them much smoother
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
  #9004  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
there metal wich makes them much smoother
Yeah, I actually had to take the shield out of each of the Acer bearings, and remove a little material from the inside hole to make them spin free... pain in the ass.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
  #9005  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Yeah, I actually had to take the shield out of each of the Acer bearings, and remove a little material from the inside hole to make them spin free... pain in the ass.

man that is to much like work
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 01-24-2004, 08:53 AM
  #9006  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

I just put on some of the Ti-Axles from Xenon Racing, and they are super light!!! All four axles weight less than 2 of the steel axles, definitely a big reduction on the rotating mass. I'll be trying them out tonight and I'll let you guys know how they hold up under race condition.

Steve Wang
SpeedTech is offline  
Old 01-24-2004, 09:03 AM
  #9007  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I just put on some of the Ti-Axles from Xenon Racing, and they are super light!!! All four axles weight less than 2 of the steel axles, definitely a big reduction on the rotating mass. I'll be trying them out tonight and I'll let you guys know how they hold up under race condition.

Steve Wang
Sounds good. Any idea when you'll be getting more red aluminum shaft holders?
JusBox is offline  
Old 01-24-2004, 04:53 PM
  #9008  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
man that is to much like work
Yeah, it was one of the biggest pain in the asses I've dealt with in a while...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2004, 04:53 PM
  #9009  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Steve - You gonna be at SoCal next week?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-24-2004, 11:28 PM
  #9010  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,669
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default Rayspeed discharger

Where I get one of those new Rayspeed Equalizing battery Tray Thanks
OVA is offline  
Old 01-25-2004, 12:06 AM
  #9011  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

I just put on some of the Ti-Axles from Xenon Racing, and they are super light!!! All four axles weight less than 2 of the steel axles, definitely a big reduction on the rotating mass. I'll be trying them out tonight and I'll let you guys know how they hold up under race condition.

Steve Wang
They are lovely and light aren't they
haven't seen any problems with mine since I put them in.
Along with aluminium drive shafts and delrin diff it's got to be one of the lightest drivetrains for any shaft drive
Herminator is offline  
Old 01-25-2004, 12:13 AM
  #9012  
Tech Regular
 
justinalamode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: torrance, CA
Posts: 437
Default hi ...

i've been runnin a yokomo sd black for the past few months and am proud to say that i am the new owner of a barracuda r2 in purple

socal was great tonight !!!
justinalamode is offline  
Old 01-25-2004, 08:06 AM
  #9013  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
They are lovely and light aren't they
haven't seen any problems with mine since I put them in.
Along with aluminium drive shafts and delrin diff it's got to be one of the lightest drivetrains for any shaft drive

So true Herm I had one set in the front on the A-spec cuda I had
and super smooth and light weight . cant wait to get the R3 and have the TI on all four corners
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 01-25-2004, 08:43 AM
  #9014  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: hi ...

Originally posted by justinalamode
i've been runnin a yokomo sd black for the past few months and am proud to say that i am the new owner of a barracuda r2 in purple

socal was great tonight !!!
Glad to see you had a good time with the cuda and with steve close by that makes it easy come question time.
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 01-25-2004, 08:50 AM
  #9015  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Rayspeed discharger

Originally posted by OVA
Where I get one of those new Rayspeed Equalizing battery Tray Thanks
speedtechrc.com
Randy Caster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.