Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2004, 11:13 AM   #8641
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Kool Didn't know that. I might be writing a money order soon. Thanks
Hi Nismoskyline17,

We can take paypal as well, just email me a list of the items you wish to order and I can provide you a total and the necessary information for paypal payments.

Steve Wang
Old 01-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #8642
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

the yokomo springs work great too...
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #8643
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

I know what you mean GTO2 about the leaking shocks, I hate the bleed screws, could never get the little screw in far enough before it started stripping the head. But you can get the excelent yokomo bladder caps and fit them to the Cuda shocks, no more leak problems plus they look nicer than those ugly black plastic things

Hubs on the wrong side thought it would have to be something silly to get zero toe in. Don't worry, I've put diffs in the wrong way round once even took the car apart to change the diff I'd put in the wrong way round and ended up rebuilding it again with it wrong sometimes you just don't pay attention at exactly the wrong time
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #8644
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D

GTO, one other thing on the shocks, most tend to use the HPI No2 piston to get them shocks super smooth, and agree with Herm ( who is jealous cos he cant get a tan!! ) the Yoke bladder caps make a big difference to the shocks too.

I havent had to rebuild the shocks in 4 months since fitting them, before I was doing it every race meet
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:24 PM   #8645
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's the part number for the HPI no. 2 pistons?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #8646
Tech Regular

Not exactly sure 14401 springs to mind but I'm not entirely sure, you get 5 different pistons on a sprue, I stole mine off a team Orion driver who was feeling generous at the time
Old 01-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #8647
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
I know what you mean GTO2 about the leaking shocks, I hate the bleed screws, could never get the little screw in far enough before it started stripping the head. But you can get the excelent yokomo bladder caps and fit them to the Cuda shocks, no more leak problems plus they look nicer than those ugly black plastic things

Hubs on the wrong side thought it would have to be something silly to get zero toe in. Don't worry, I've put diffs in the wrong way round once even took the car apart to change the diff I'd put in the wrong way round and ended up rebuilding it again with it wrong sometimes you just don't pay attention at exactly the wrong time
Hahaha... true.
I will get those Yoke's bladder caps then, just to get rid of the bleeding.
How tight is tight when you do your diff?
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:34 PM   #8648
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
GTO, one other thing on the shocks, most tend to use the HPI No2 piston to get them shocks super smooth, and agree with Herm ( who is jealous cos he cant get a tan!! ) the Yoke bladder caps make a big difference to the shocks too.

I havent had to rebuild the shocks in 4 months since fitting them, before I was doing it every race meet
Yep, I am getting those.
I probably have to rebuild my shocks every 2 or 3 practice rounds, cos here the humidity is quite high. It makes fine dust attracts to shock's piston rather easily.
But it's nice to know that it can sustain for 4 months.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #8649
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Nismoskyline17,

We can take paypal as well, just email me a list of the items you wish to order and I can provide you a total and the necessary information for paypal payments.

Steve Wang
AHH Shoot. I'm gonna be broke soon. I'll have an order to you soon.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #8650
Tech Regular

4 months and still going, strong!!!

For info, I run with the front diff set fairly tight, and the rear set as per the manual, front about 1/4 turn more than rear. Both diffs feel smooth, even the front. Dont overtighten, seems easy to do. I put the diff in a small jig to check the setting, but basically, put wrenches through the slots in the outdrives and try and turn the diff gear with your thumb. Rear just slips, and the front needs quite a bit of pressure to make it slip. Just my way of doing it
Old 01-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #8651
Tech Elite

I usually never take the diffs out unless I'm rebuilding it. Mostly when setting up the car, the diffs stayed in.
As you did, I also hold the left wheel an the gear with my thumb while turning the right wheel to feel the tightness.
My diff is pretty tight, I adjusted it gradually till I can't force it to move, then loosen it backwards about 1/8 of a turn.
Anybody ever break the delrin outdrives ?
Old 01-11-2004, 06:13 PM   #8652
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
4 months and still going, strong!!!

For info, I run with the front diff set fairly tight, and the rear set as per the manual, front about 1/4 turn more than rear. Both diffs feel smooth, even the front. Dont overtighten, seems easy to do. I put the diff in a small jig to check the setting, but basically, put wrenches through the slots in the outdrives and try and turn the diff gear with your thumb. Rear just slips, and the front needs quite a bit of pressure to make it slip. Just my way of doing it
Let me guess, you're jig is two appropriately spaced nails in a bit of wood hehe
I usually do mine in the car, with wheels on, the front definetly set tighter than the rear, especially indoors on wooden floors, would be nothing worse than a rwd biased car The front just about slips when holding the spur and one wheel you try to turn the opposite wheel, it takes quite a bit of force. The rear slips a little easier, maybe a quarter to half a turn slacker than the front, although I never actualy measure the turns, I just do it by feel every time.
Never tighten the diff as far as you can then go backwards to set it, delrin is too deformable for this to work without weakening the diff, as a forum visitor found out to his expense. Start slack and tighten bit by bit.

I've rebuilt my shocks once since fitting the bladder caps, and found only a couple of them really needed doing even then That was a few months ago and I bought the caps about 8 months ago.

Getting ready to race tomorrow night, can't wait to try out my new set of cells
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #8653
Tech Elite

i take note on that diff tightening thing. thanks.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:29 PM   #8654
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn

Quote:
( who is jealous cos he cant get a tan!! )
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #8655
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Not exactly sure 14401 springs to mind but I'm not entirely sure, you get 5 different pistons on a sprue, I stole mine off a team Orion driver who was feeling generous at the time
You think it might be the 10mm teflon piston set? PN: HPI6818
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote