R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2004, 11:13 AM   #8641
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
Kool Didn't know that. I might be writing a money order soon. Thanks
Hi Nismoskyline17,

We can take paypal as well, just email me a list of the items you wish to order and I can provide you a total and the necessary information for paypal payments.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #8642
Regional Moderator
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,307
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn
Default

the yokomo springs work great too...
__________________
When all else fails, aim for the quarter panel.
Several oval and off road vehicles
and a legend car nicknamed Kidney Stone.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #8643
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

I know what you mean GTO2 about the leaking shocks, I hate the bleed screws, could never get the little screw in far enough before it started stripping the head. But you can get the excelent yokomo bladder caps and fit them to the Cuda shocks, no more leak problems plus they look nicer than those ugly black plastic things

Hubs on the wrong side thought it would have to be something silly to get zero toe in. Don't worry, I've put diffs in the wrong way round once even took the car apart to change the diff I'd put in the wrong way round and ended up rebuilding it again with it wrong sometimes you just don't pay attention at exactly the wrong time
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #8644
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

GTO, one other thing on the shocks, most tend to use the HPI No2 piston to get them shocks super smooth, and agree with Herm ( who is jealous cos he cant get a tan!! ) the Yoke bladder caps make a big difference to the shocks too.

I havent had to rebuild the shocks in 4 months since fitting them, before I was doing it every race meet
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:24 PM   #8645
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What's the part number for the HPI no. 2 pistons?
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #8646
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Not exactly sure 14401 springs to mind but I'm not entirely sure, you get 5 different pistons on a sprue, I stole mine off a team Orion driver who was feeling generous at the time
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #8647
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
I know what you mean GTO2 about the leaking shocks, I hate the bleed screws, could never get the little screw in far enough before it started stripping the head. But you can get the excelent yokomo bladder caps and fit them to the Cuda shocks, no more leak problems plus they look nicer than those ugly black plastic things

Hubs on the wrong side thought it would have to be something silly to get zero toe in. Don't worry, I've put diffs in the wrong way round once even took the car apart to change the diff I'd put in the wrong way round and ended up rebuilding it again with it wrong sometimes you just don't pay attention at exactly the wrong time
Hahaha... true.
I will get those Yoke's bladder caps then, just to get rid of the bleeding.
How tight is tight when you do your diff?
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:34 PM   #8648
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
GTO, one other thing on the shocks, most tend to use the HPI No2 piston to get them shocks super smooth, and agree with Herm ( who is jealous cos he cant get a tan!! ) the Yoke bladder caps make a big difference to the shocks too.

I havent had to rebuild the shocks in 4 months since fitting them, before I was doing it every race meet
Yep, I am getting those.
I probably have to rebuild my shocks every 2 or 3 practice rounds, cos here the humidity is quite high. It makes fine dust attracts to shock's piston rather easily.
But it's nice to know that it can sustain for 4 months.
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #8649
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 1,957
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Nismoskyline17,

We can take paypal as well, just email me a list of the items you wish to order and I can provide you a total and the necessary information for paypal payments.

Steve Wang
AHH Shoot. I'm gonna be broke soon. I'll have an order to you soon.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #8650
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

4 months and still going, strong!!!

For info, I run with the front diff set fairly tight, and the rear set as per the manual, front about 1/4 turn more than rear. Both diffs feel smooth, even the front. Dont overtighten, seems easy to do. I put the diff in a small jig to check the setting, but basically, put wrenches through the slots in the outdrives and try and turn the diff gear with your thumb. Rear just slips, and the front needs quite a bit of pressure to make it slip. Just my way of doing it
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #8651
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

I usually never take the diffs out unless I'm rebuilding it. Mostly when setting up the car, the diffs stayed in.
As you did, I also hold the left wheel an the gear with my thumb while turning the right wheel to feel the tightness.
My diff is pretty tight, I adjusted it gradually till I can't force it to move, then loosen it backwards about 1/8 of a turn.
Anybody ever break the delrin outdrives ?
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:13 PM   #8652
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
4 months and still going, strong!!!

For info, I run with the front diff set fairly tight, and the rear set as per the manual, front about 1/4 turn more than rear. Both diffs feel smooth, even the front. Dont overtighten, seems easy to do. I put the diff in a small jig to check the setting, but basically, put wrenches through the slots in the outdrives and try and turn the diff gear with your thumb. Rear just slips, and the front needs quite a bit of pressure to make it slip. Just my way of doing it
Let me guess, you're jig is two appropriately spaced nails in a bit of wood hehe
I usually do mine in the car, with wheels on, the front definetly set tighter than the rear, especially indoors on wooden floors, would be nothing worse than a rwd biased car The front just about slips when holding the spur and one wheel you try to turn the opposite wheel, it takes quite a bit of force. The rear slips a little easier, maybe a quarter to half a turn slacker than the front, although I never actualy measure the turns, I just do it by feel every time.
Never tighten the diff as far as you can then go backwards to set it, delrin is too deformable for this to work without weakening the diff, as a forum visitor found out to his expense. Start slack and tighten bit by bit.

I've rebuilt my shocks once since fitting the bladder caps, and found only a couple of them really needed doing even then That was a few months ago and I bought the caps about 8 months ago.

Getting ready to race tomorrow night, can't wait to try out my new set of cells
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #8653
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

i take note on that diff tightening thing. thanks.
GTO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:29 PM   #8654
Regional Moderator
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,307
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
( who is jealous cos he cant get a tan!! )
__________________
When all else fails, aim for the quarter panel.
Several oval and off road vehicles
and a legend car nicknamed Kidney Stone.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #8655
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
Not exactly sure 14401 springs to mind but I'm not entirely sure, you get 5 different pistons on a sprue, I stole mine off a team Orion driver who was feeling generous at the time
You think it might be the 10mm teflon piston set? PN: HPI6818
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net