Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 01-05-2004, 10:25 AM
  #8401  
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default Re: Re: STOCK R3 out of the box

Originally posted by Randman
I definately like the front bumper brace they added, looks like it'll make the front end very strong...

What's up with the shim under the motor mount, is that needed?
It's in the manual...
there will be a 0.5mm gap if without the shim/washer.
I heard some people don't even bother to mount the bottom screw.
GTO2 is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
  #8402  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,503
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
You planning on getting an R3 Mike?
I just got the Xenon stage 2- does that count as the R3?

Last edited by MikeR; 01-05-2004 at 10:32 AM.
MikeR is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:27 AM
  #8403  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: Re: Re: STOCK R3 out of the box

Originally posted by GTO2
It's in the manual...
there will be a 0.5mm gap if without the shim/washer.
I heard some people don't even bother to mount the bottom screw.

Now that doesnt sound like a good ideal not putting the screw in the bottom
Ko Racer is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:29 AM
  #8404  
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default

It makes the whole motor mount block hanging on the upper deck. Not sure too if it's a good Idea to do that, just overheard.
GTO2 is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:39 AM
  #8405  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: STOCK R3 out of the box

Originally posted by GTO2
It's in the manual...
there will be a 0.5mm gap if without the shim/washer.
I heard some people don't even bother to mount the bottom screw.
I wonder why they didn't mill the motor mount to the correct size???

You could leave out the bottom screw if you wanted to get more flex, but you may hurt the gear mesh like the R2.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:40 AM
  #8406  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by MikeR
I just got the Xenon stage 2- does that count as the R3?
Close enough man... I dont know if I would like the TC3 steering over the Yokomo steering, I think the R2 will be a little better in that dept.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:43 AM
  #8407  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Without the motor mount screwed to the bottom of the chassis...I think it may twist the upperdeck due to the motor weight on one side..... my 2 yens.....
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:45 AM
  #8408  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Hey Ramon, will you be at Stockton on Friday for practice. Do you know if you'll be able to get an extra can of tire sauce?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:45 AM
  #8409  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Close enough man... I dont know if I would like the TC3 steering over the Yokomo steering, I think the R2 will be a little better in that dept.
the Pro4 steering looks pretty trick... has bearings on the ackerman graphite link.

See page 12 of the manual:

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/.../download.html


Last edited by rc-zombies; 01-05-2004 at 12:23 PM.
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:50 AM
  #8410  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Hey Ramon, will you be at Stockton on Friday for practice. Do you know if you'll be able to get an extra can of tire sauce?
Right now it's about 90% sure I'll be there on Friday. sorry no sauce...working hard in getting some.... Billy From Speedworld has them in stock...and he will be racing as well.... I've contacted him already to bring a couple cans.... his shop is closed 'til thurs AM. Worse comes to Worse... I'll personnally drive down to Speedworld Friday morning and pick them up then head down to Stockton....

don't forget to bring a pit table and extension cords....
rc-zombies is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:51 AM
  #8411  
Tech Elite
 
GTO2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Don't Blink !!
Posts: 2,264
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: STOCK R3 out of the box

Originally posted by Randman
I wonder why they didn't mill the motor mount to the correct size???

You could leave out the bottom screw if you wanted to get more flex, but you may hurt the gear mesh like the R2.
hmm wonder why...last minute findings?
I will stick with the bottom mounting.
GTO2 is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:57 AM
  #8412  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
the Pro4 steering looks pretty trick... has bearings on the ackerman graphite link.

See page 12 of the manual:

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/.../download.html
That is very nice, I have similar on my RS steering...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:58 AM
  #8413  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Right now it's about 90% sure I'll be there on Friday. sorry no sauce...working hard in getting some.... Billy From Speedworld has them in stock...and he will be racing as well.... I've contacted him already to bring a couple cans.... his shop is closed 'til thurs AM. Worse comes to Worse... I'll personnally drive down to Speedworld Friday morning and pick them up then head down to Stockton....

don't forget to bring a pit table and extension cords....
I thought they provided pit tables??
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 10:59 AM
  #8414  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STOCK R3 out of the box

Originally posted by GTO2
hmm wonder why...last minute findings?
I will stick with the bottom mounting.
I havent seen that shim in any of the R3 pics, so I doubt it's last minute findings...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-05-2004, 11:01 AM
  #8415  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,222
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I thought they provided pit tables??
If they are not used by the county fair facility...there should be tables and chairs...75% of the time they are available...
it's been a while since I've been to Stockton...you may want to confirm with MO.
rc-zombies is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.