R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2003, 05:26 PM   #8056
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Macky
Sweeeeeeet as usual Ko. You da man.
Thank you macky But your my Hero !
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #8057
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Nothing to say except they just flat out kick major ass!!!!!!!! You have some great looking cars.


Thank You
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #8058
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
LoL I bet he is a busy man!
Yeah, mostly with the business, pretty hard to get out and race...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:10 PM   #8059
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
Here is a picture of my black beauty
Lookin good Joseph When I am over my red craze, it'll either be pink or black
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:04 AM   #8060
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Just curious, are the orange R2's the web special version??
I have noticed them at RC Champ going for 55000 Yen... I thought it was rather expensive thats all...

I really didn't feel like searching through the forum for the answer
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:05 AM   #8061
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by alch
Just curious, are the orange R2's the web special version??
I have noticed them at RC Champ going for 55000 Yen... I thought it was rather expensive thats all...

I really didn't feel like searching through the forum for the answer
Yes, orange = web special
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:20 AM   #8062
Tech Adept
 
alch's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 188
Send a message via ICQ to alch
Default

Cheers

Whats the difference?

Sorry if its been discussed before, once again, i didn't really feel like going through the 300 odd pages to find it..
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:50 AM   #8063
Tech Fanatic
 
pucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central, FL
Posts: 804
Send a message via AIM to pucho
Default

I am thinking of getting a cuda but im stuck whether to wait for the R3 or get an R2. I will be running on carpet so the fact that I can get a 3mm chassis for the R2 is atractive to me but im sure son enoght the same options will be abailable for the R3. Im also not crazy about the TC3 stering rack on the R3 that thing is no good, it breaks easily and gumms up and it looses it's smoothnes.

please help!
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:07 PM   #8064
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pucho
I am thinking of getting a cuda but im stuck whether to wait for the R3 or get an R2. I will be running on carpet so the fact that I can get a 3mm chassis for the R2 is atractive to me but im sure son enoght the same options will be abailable for the R3. Im also not crazy about the TC3 stering rack on the R3 that thing is no good, it breaks easily and gumms up and it looses it's smoothnes.

please help!

from the sounds of it your hooked on the R2 which is a good choice . as you want the 3mm chassis and the yoko type steering
I think you have already made your mind up so get with steve at speedtech and get you one . you will enjoy it
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #8065
Tech Elite
 
JusBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,170
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
from the sounds of it your hooked on the R2 which is a good choice . as you want the 3mm chassis and the yoko type steering
I think you have already made your mind up so get with steve at speedtech and get you one . you will enjoy it
Are R2 even able to be had at this time? Everyone tells me due to the R3, the R2 isn't available.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:41 PM   #8066
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Are R2 even able to be had at this time? Everyone tells me due to the R3, the R2 isn't available.

you might want to check with steve at speedtech and see what he has or can get.

I hope the R3 dosent replace the R2 all together becuase there two different cars IMO.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:43 PM   #8067
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

@ Stevefrom Speedtech

hey Steve...i dont know if u got my order or not...usually when i order i get a UPS confirmation and all that and i didnt get one yet...maybe i filled something out wrong i dunno...it was for the satchel of Fukuyamas and some Barracuda stuff....let me know if you got it or not,,,,im from green Bay,WI


ty, Geoff c.


ps i ordered it SAturday night i believe...lmk
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #8068
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

steve, are you going to be carrying any ceramic bearings for the barracuda? I got word you might be from another R/C 'er
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:00 AM   #8069
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 96
Default stronger outdrives for Barracuda R2?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternative outdrives I could use with the Barracuda R2?

I run a ball diff up front and the outdrives regularly break apart, particularly the long side. As they cost $22 a pop, this is getting quite expensive. If I can't find a solution for this, I will probably sell this car - despite the fact that I really enjoy driving it!
zgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:03 AM   #8070
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: stronger outdrives for Barracuda R2?

Quote:
Originally posted by zgeist
I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternative outdrives I could use with the Barracuda R2?

I run a ball diff up front and the outdrives regularly break apart, particularly the long side. As they cost $22 a pop, this is getting quite expensive. If I can't find a solution for this, I will probably sell this car - despite the fact that I really enjoy driving it!
the stock Delrin outdrives for the diffs is already the strongest and lightest available. How are you driving the car that it breaks apart.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net