R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #7276
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
linger & HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Hope to join you guys out at Stockton soon...

linger...
are you running the short span arms out at Stockton..?
I hear they perform better on carpet. What set-up are you using? I'll probably run stock and 19T.
When is the Stockton Carpet Race?

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:21 AM   #7277
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
Ok guys, a cuda related question, half suspect the answer but things are slow in here

For those with Speedway PAL type drive shafts, so it can be ina Xenon/pal converted car too, do you only ever use one rubber o-ring at each end, no matter how much movement the drive shaft has?
When rebuilding over the weekend I noticed it could move quite a lot and I could actually fit another o-ring in there, so I tried it with one more. I don't think this was a good idea as the drive shaft now doesn't have any room to move at all and the car was as noisey as it was with the old drive system.
You want maybe .5mm play fore and aft on the shaft. I've cut O-Rings in half in the past to get the right movement...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:21 AM   #7278
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
When is the Stockton Carpet Race?

Dan
I believe the ROAR regionals are the 14'th or the 16'th (just not 100% sure) I still wanna go if you want to!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:33 AM   #7279
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I believe the ROAR regionals are the 14'th or the 16'th (just not 100% sure) I still wanna go if you want to!
ROAR Region 12 Carpet Championship is on Dec. 5th & 6th.
Practice day all day on the 5th. 3 qualifiers and single A-mains on the 6th.

http://www.stocktonrcraceway.com/
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:36 AM   #7280
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
ROAR Region 12 Carpet Championship is on Dec. 5th & 6th.
Practice day all day on the 5th. 3 qualifiers and single A-mains on the 6th.

http://www.stocktonrcraceway.com/
Nice lookin track... Are rubber tires run in stock, and foams in mod? Or can you run foams in any class?

BTW, do you still wanna sell the SD stuff?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:38 AM   #7281
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Nice lookin track... Are rubber tires run in stock, and foams in mod? Or can you run foams in any class?

BTW, do you still wanna sell the SD stuff?
Rubber tires for stock and 19T.. foam for mod.

SD.. stuff on the way to you...mailed out yesterday

Here are last years results:
http://www.rcracing.com/RaceResultsD...ts.txt&ID=1076
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #7282
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Rubber tires for stock and 19T.. foam for mod.

SD.. stuff on the way to you...mailed out yesterday

Here are last years results:
http://www.rcracing.com/RaceResultsD...ts.txt&ID=1076
Cool, I do want to run the race, but having to buy all of those foam tires, and a tire truer is discouraging me... Do you know anyone with a truer I could use?

What do I owe you for the SD stuff, I'll PayPal you ASAP.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:03 PM   #7283
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Cool, I do want to run the race, but having to buy all of those foam tires, and a tire truer is discouraging me... Do you know anyone with a truer I could use?

What do I owe you for the SD stuff, I'll PayPal you ASAP.
I've got a cobra trackside tire truer you can use....
and there's a good chance other racers will have them at the track as well.....
TQ orange is the only traction compound that can be used.
and 5mm ride height... track is very strict concerning these 2 rules.

SD I'll PM you later..
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #7284
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
I've got a cobra trackside tire truer you can use....
and there's a good chance other racers will have them at the track as well.....
TQ orange is the only traction compound that can be used.
and 5mm ride height... track is very strict concerning these 2 rules.

SD I'll PM you later..
Where can I find TQ orange tire sauce?

PM me whenever
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:19 PM   #7285
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Where can I find TQ orange tire sauce?

PM me whenever
They always have some at the track to sell...
If you and dan are definately coming up... I'll make sure I have a can waiting for you guys... just in case the track sells out.
Bring lots of spare parts... LHS is far away.

also TQ can be ordered from Speedworld...in Roseville.about 1hr from Stockton.
http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Page.cfm
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:19 PM   #7286
Tech Master
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
linger & HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Hope to join you guys out at Stockton soon...

linger...
are you running the short span arms out at Stockton..?
I hear they perform better on carpet. What set-up are you using? I'll probably run stock and 19T.
Yes, I'm running the short arms. My mod foam tire setup so far:
Front:
Short arms, short camber links. No diff cases, no spacers under inner camber link.
Associated purple springs, 50 wt oil with HPI #2 piston, inner hole on arm. 1.2 sway bar
.5 mm shim under rear arm mount for anti-dive.
Plaid foam tires
Rear:
Short arms, short camber links. No diff cases.
Associated Copper springs, 40 wt oil with HPI #2 piston, outermost hole on arm. 1.4 sway bar
Purple foam tires.
Xenon bottom chassis
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:37 PM   #7287
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
They always have some at the track to sell...
If you and dan are definately coming up... I'll make sure I have a can waiting for you guys... just in case the track sells out.
Bring lots of spare parts... LHS is far away.

also TQ can be ordered from Speedworld...in Roseville.about 1hr from Stockton.
http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Page.cfm
Well it'll either be the toys for tots race, or the ROAR regionals for me, can't do both though

Dan didn't seem too interested in going to the ROAR regionals, so I'm not sure that I'll make it up there (as much as I want to do some carpet racing)
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #7288
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well it'll either be the toys for tots race, or the ROAR regionals for me, can't do both though

Dan didn't seem too interested in going to the ROAR regionals, so I'm not sure that I'll make it up there (as much as I want to do some carpet racing)
It's understandable...can't be at two places at once.
I'd probably do the Toys for Tots race as well if there was one up here. I'm sure Dan will be doing his part for Toys for Tots..
It's the Holidays..gotta do what we can for the kids.

As Spock would say:
" the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one "
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:06 PM   #7289
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

The delima I'm having making the decision is, carpet is sooo much fun to race on

lol, how did you fit in a quote from spock?!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 02:47 AM   #7290
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

wheres dave?
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net