Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Reply

Old 11-17-2003, 07:13 PM
  #7261  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpeedWay Pal or Square for the R2

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Did you not see I said ASK him And its good to practice what you preach
I've spend enough at Speedtech this month alone to put Steve's kids through college
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:24 PM
  #7262  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpeedWay Pal or Square for the R2

Originally posted by Randman
I've spend enough at Speedtech this month alone to put Steve's kids through college
I hear they want a new x-box each for christmas, you better go spend some more
Herminator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:31 PM
  #7263  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpeedWay Pal or Square for the R2

Originally posted by Herminator
I hear they want a new x-box each for christmas, you better go spend some more
Well I'll be gettin my new GT4 for some nitro racing here before long, so they'll get their XBoxes
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:40 PM
  #7264  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpeedWay Pal or Square for the R2

Originally posted by Randman
Well I'll be gettin my new GT4 for some nitro racing here before long, so they'll get their XBoxes
I hope they send you a christmas card
Herminator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:05 PM
  #7265  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SpeedWay Pal or Square for the R2

Originally posted by Herminator
I hope they send you a christmas card
lol, I get that when I buy option parts for the GT4 to pay for it
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:33 PM
  #7266  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Default

I have a set up question.

I ran on carpet last wed night in Stockton, the cuda had the base set up ut I was running take off 22's in rear and 27's in front.
It had a mid corner push. it never went smooth in the turns.

I didnt do to bad but, you know always room for improvement.

I was just gonna try a simple tire change to sorex 24's and 28's
any other thoughts

thanks
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:52 PM
  #7267  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note on the SpeedWay PAL stuff. Yes, I can get them, and yes, they are more difficult for me to get. And also, they are more pricey for basically the same thing you get from Xenon. For example, their A-spec chassis conversion kit will run right around $199.99 by the time we get it here. and since getting the parts are bit more difficult, replacement parts will be a bit more difficult to come by as well.

But if some of you are still interested in the PAL stuff, you can let me know and I can always special order

Steve Wang
SpeedTech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:03 PM
  #7268  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,702
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

hehe, told ya
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:06 PM
  #7269  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
I have a set up question.

I ran on carpet last wed night in Stockton, the cuda had the base set up ut I was running take off 22's in rear and 27's in front.
It had a mid corner push. it never went smooth in the turns.

I didnt do to bad but, you know always room for improvement.

I was just gonna try a simple tire change to sorex 24's and 28's
any other thoughts

thanks

HEYALIGNMENTGUY,

I'm running on carpet at Stockton too. Nuthun but foam tires and an 8 turn. Mine is dialed and fast.
The Sorex tires should be a definite improvement.
To get rid of the mid corner push, I mounted the front inner camber links as low as possible. This means no spacers under the camber links, and removing the clear gear case. This induces a camber gain during midcorner and thus more traction. The front end tends to be over damped when using the outer shock mount hole on the arm. The inner hole lessens the overdamped feel and give a lot more steering. I also changed to the short camber link position to give the car more rotation, but that also makes the car harder to drive.

You can always experiment with springs. The stock Alex Racing spring is 14.39 lb/in. With the increased traction of Sorex tires, you might be traction rolling and you'll need stiffer springs to combat that.
You can easily use smaller diameter Tamiya, Associated, Yokomo or Rayspeed Springs with the R2 shocks. All you need to do is flip the threaded shock collar upside down and use Tamiya spring perches for a perfect fit.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "it never went smooth in the turns" Can you explain more.

I should be there just about every saturday to help out with a setup.
Didn't I meet you at Ripon a few months ago?

-Ling
linger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:52 AM
  #7270  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Just a quick note on the SpeedWay PAL stuff. Yes, I can get them, and yes, they are more difficult for me to get. And also, they are more pricey for basically the same thing you get from Xenon. For example, their A-spec chassis conversion kit will run right around $199.99 by the time we get it here. and since getting the parts are bit more difficult, replacement parts will be a bit more difficult to come by as well.

But if some of you are still interested in the PAL stuff, you can let me know and I can always special order

Steve Wang
I don`t know how many times I have said this ...but it`s been alot on this thread and the Old R1 thread.. just ask steve....He "CAN" get it it will just take a while

just ask

but then again I do thinks my way
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:12 AM
  #7271  
Regional Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Heath.....your car is free bro but I will show you one problem you had saturday but its clean and free.by the way what wheel hexes you have on it?



Guys........ Lets keep this thread on "TOPIC- BARRACUDA" and cut the garbage out. lets learn from each other about this car and help one another instead of pages and pages of JUNK and bashing each other. I use to like reading this thread but man kids and people that want to just talk GARBAGE its not helping NO one!
I for one will not post junk or play games with people from this day!


cheers,
Dj
Ko Racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:18 AM
  #7272  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (4)
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,307
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Heath.....your car is free bro but I will show you one problem you had saturday but its clean and free.by the way what wheel hexes you have on it?



Guys........ Lets keep this thread on "TOPIC- BARRACUDA" and cut the garbage out. lets learn from each other about this car and help one another instead of pages and pages of JUNK and bashing each other. I use to like reading this thread but man kids and people that want to just talk GARBAGE its not helping NO one!
I for one will not post junk or play games with people from this day!


cheers,
Dj
Thanks a lot DJ for freeing up the car. The hubs on it are from a mugen nitro car. They were spares and bigger than the stock ones the cuda had.

I am guilty about not posting cuda topics in here and agree with KO.

KO, I'm going to take my yoke to the track to try out the new carpet and get some run time to see if I can get rid of my brain-deadness outta my system. I ran horrible on the last carpet race of the season last year and have yet to drive this year like you all believe that Thanks again bro...
ImGoinRCn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:35 AM
  #7273  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Ok guys, a cuda related question, half suspect the answer but things are slow in here

For those with Speedway PAL type drive shafts, so it can be ina Xenon/pal converted car too, do you only ever use one rubber o-ring at each end, no matter how much movement the drive shaft has?
When rebuilding over the weekend I noticed it could move quite a lot and I could actually fit another o-ring in there, so I tried it with one more. I don't think this was a good idea as the drive shaft now doesn't have any room to move at all and the car was as noisey as it was with the old drive system.
Herminator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:01 AM
  #7274  
Tech Addict
 
JohnA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Back in good old England :)
Posts: 590
Default

You are better off with a little play in the driveshaft. If it's too tight it could bend in an impact, or bind on a bumpy track. I only use 1 O-ring at each end in mine.
JohnA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:06 AM
  #7275  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

linger & HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Hope to join you guys out at Stockton soon...

linger...
are you running the short span arms out at Stockton..?
I hear they perform better on carpet. What set-up are you using? I'll probably run stock and 19T.
rc-zombies is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service