Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree4Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 04-16-2003, 05:18 PM
  #661  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Ooh, some nice things there, like the titanium quick change shock posts, not cheap though just as I was going to keep my Lab as a backup, now I want more shiny bits
You know that you want the PAL Drive System and the Alloy hubs with a few nice Batterys to boot

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 05:34 PM
  #662  
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Default

Well so far my list is, slightly in order of importance-

Integy 16x9 charger
Alloy Battery strap
2packs of 3300GP cells, the new ones
Yokomo bladder type shock caps
Alloy shaft holders
Alloy c-hubs
Titanium quick change shock thingy
Alloy Hex Clamps
Pal drive shaft system
Alloy rear hubs
Ti-nitride coated offset ball studs
Integy Sparkle parts cleaner
Sway bar set
Comm Lathe
Setup station
general spare bits
Titanium turnbuckles

no way I'll get all that, the top four are pretty much deffinate, the next five are all would like quite a lot, I'm not even bothering to add everything up though, I know I won't be spending that much
Herminator is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 05:42 PM
  #663  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up Sa-weet

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You know that you want the PAL Drive System and the Alloy hubs with a few nice Batterys to boot

-Dave
Looks like that wrench will fit the 10mm susp mount pivot balls too.

RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 05:46 PM
  #664  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Herminator
Well so far my list is, slightly in order of importance-

Integy 16x9 charger
Alloy Battery strap
2packs of 3300GP cells, the new ones
Yokomo bladder type shock caps
Alloy shaft holders
Alloy c-hubs
Titanium quick change shock thingy
Alloy Hex Clamps
Pal drive shaft system
Alloy rear hubs
Ti-nitride coated offset ball studs
Integy Sparkle parts cleaner
Sway bar set
Comm Lathe
Setup station
general spare bits
Titanium turnbuckles

no way I'll get all that, the top four are pretty much deffinate, the next five are all would like quite a lot, I'm not even bothering to add everything up though, I know I won't be spending that much

Hey Hermi'

If I were you I would get the 1st two things and then get the PAL Drive system...& the Alloy C-hubs next... but thats just my view point

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 05:49 PM
  #665  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Sa-weet

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Looks like that wrench will fit the 10mm susp mount pivot balls too.


Your Correct ..One more little Secret that you all know now

-Dave

BTW that tool comes in very Handy for Quick Toe Chages
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 06:27 PM
  #666  
Tech Initiate
 
Bartz!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 44
Arrow PAL Drive or PAL Drive+Shaft Holders?

Does anybody know if the PAL Drive system improves the drivetrain enough to run 64 pitch by itself, or are the front and rear shaft holders needed as well?
Thanks For the Help!

-Andrew
Bartz! is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 06:39 PM
  #667  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: PAL Drive or PAL Drive+Shaft Holders?

Originally posted by Bartz!
Does anybody know if the PAL Drive system improves the drivetrain enough to run 64 pitch by itself, or are the front and rear shaft holders needed as well?
Thanks For the Help!

-Andrew

You can run the PAL drive system without the front and rear Alloy shaft holders...but it will be a much smoother drive train with them in....

Also the 64p gears can be run also with out the Alloy center shaft holders front and rear..but you"MUST" use the PAL system or you'll just chew up spurs like no tommorow
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 06:57 PM
  #668  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (105)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Heres a pic of my Cuda

Last edited by Core Creations; 07-22-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 07:00 PM
  #669  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (105)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Torque rod setup
Core Creations is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 07:01 PM
  #670  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (105)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

sorry...missed pic

Last edited by Core Creations; 07-22-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 07:04 PM
  #671  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (105)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

And one ready to go.....

Last edited by Core Creations; 07-22-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 04-16-2003, 07:09 PM
  #672  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Heres a pic of my Cuda

Nice torque rod set up....the Alloy ends look similar to the PAL ones
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
  #673  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by CIVIC91
sorry...missed pic

I love the Color of the Body looks good..

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  
Old 04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
  #674  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Team Orion Global news - Speedtech RC

Hey Steve,
Speedtech RC is going global now..Your Alex Racing exclusive distributorship was mentioned on Team Orion global news. The word is out!
elnitro is offline  
Old 04-17-2003, 04:00 PM
  #675  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,087
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Team Orion Global news - Speedtech RC

Originally posted by elnitro
Hey Steve,
Speedtech RC is going global now..Your Alex Racing exclusive distributorship was mentioned on Team Orion global news. The word is out!
Really..? ..

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

Congrats' Steve
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.